Thread: Mark Buehrle - Retire or pitch for the Cardinals??

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Mark Buehrle - Retire or pitch for the Cardinals??

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/11/15/...uis-cardinals/

Mark Buehrle shot down the early-October reports that he was planning to retire this winter, but the veteran free agent starter only has eyes for one club. Via Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun …

“Buehrle will either retire or pitch for the St. Louis Cardinals, his home town team.”

Buehrle grew up in St. Charles, a western suburb of St. Louis, and he’s been linked to the Cardinals in both free agent and trade rumors throughout his 16-year major league career. Lance Lynn undergoing Tommy John surgery last week suddenly makes it a pretty perfect fit.

Buehrle, 36, registered a 3.81 ERA and 1.24 WHIP in 198 2/3 innings this past season for the American League East-champion Blue Jays. It was the first time he had fallen short of the 200-inning mark since 2000.

Adam Wainwright, Michael Wacha, Carlos Martinez, and Jaime Garcia are currently locked into rotation spots for the Cardinals for 2016. Top pitching prospect Alex Reyes was busted for marijuana use earlier this month.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Mark Buehrle - Retire or pitch for the Cardinals??

1, I hope he retires so he’s a Toronto Blue Jay HOFer. Personally I’d go to the Cards tho. I don’t even play in the Majors and in a heartbeat I’d go to the Jays (my team). Same with the Raptors or Leafs. I’d 100% go to them even if the team sucked.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    1, I hope he retires so he’s a Toronto Blue Jay HOFer. Personally I’d go to the Cards tho. I don’t even play in the Majors and in a heartbeat I’d go to the Jays (my team). Same with the Raptors or Leafs. I’d 100% go to them even if the team sucked.
    why would he be a Toronto Blue Jays HOF'er?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    why would he be a Toronto Blue Jays HOF'er?
    I’m assuming it’s just like hockey where you are technically a “TEAM NAME” HOFer to the last team you were on. Thus the 1 day contracts vets do so they can retire as their original team (Modano), or their childhood team.

Dobber Sports Deity

I would have expected him to be a White Sox HOF more than one from the Blue Jays.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Ok it’s 100% different than hockey lol.

Text on the plaque will say all the teams for which the inductee was a member in that specific role, inductees are usually depicted wearing the cap of a specific team, though in a few cases, like umpires, they were caps with no logos. As of 2015, inductees’ biographies on the Hall’s website for all players and managers list a “primary team”, which does not necessarily match the cap logo. The Hall selects the logo “based on where that player makes his most indelible mark”.

The logo on the hat is decided like so:
    “The Museum staff works with each inductee by suggesting an appropriate logo option, or no logo at all,” said Jeff Idelson, President of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. “For those whose most compelling contributions clearly took place with one team, a logo makes sense. For those whose careers were built significantly among multiple teams, not having a team logo is equally acceptable. Regardless of the selection, a Hall of Famer belongs to every team for which he played or managed, as well as every fan who followed his career.”

Player chosen with direction from the Hall. Buerhle will be more than likely have a White Sox hat, and have the WS as his primary team.