Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Trying to Learn the Ropes, Need Advice Please!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Trying to Learn the Ropes, Need Advice Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Bergy80 View Post
    I think you may have misunderstood. My goalie choice worked wonderfully for me. Both Rask and Andersen ended the night with 10.2pts so that wasn't my issue. My issue was my skaters didn't produce. I just picked the wrong ones again.
    Which skaters did you have Bergy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Interesting that a SO wouldn't net Andersen more than a Rask 1G win - shows my naivete about DFS.

Here are my early thoughts about today's games. For going against the grain, I like the Jets players despite them going against the Stars, and maybe even Pavelec if he starts. I think Blues and Rangers players could be better than imagined, as when Lundqvist goes on lousy runs they tend to last for several games, while Allen might still be shaking off rust. Guys like Fabbri and Hayes could be decent plays there. Islanders players likely will be popular, and I think for good reason. But it might be an issue similar to what happened to you with the Bs - even if a team scores a bunch of goals you might not pick the right guys. But a Leddy, Bailey, or Nielsen grab could be worth considering. Mark Stone might be worthwhile as well, since the last time he had a multi-point game that set him on a decent scoring run. PA Parenteau might be a nice pick too - he knows he needs to do well to help land him on a top team come deadline day. Same goes for Boedkker. I wouldn't touch the Edmonton/LA or Chicago/Nashville, NJ/Columbus, or Minnesota/Philly games, since I can't get a read on how those will go.
    Rizzee, do you think Turris is just an avoid until he shows something?

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by kytmagic View Post
    Which skaters did you have Bergy?

- - - Updated - - -

Rizzee, do you think Turris is just an avoid until he shows something?
    While of course he has to snap out of it at some point, I think he's playing hurt and thus it wouldn't be wise to roster him until, as you said, he shows something.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Magnificent One

I'm loving the Jets even more for tonight - they'll be galvanized by a desire to win after learning that Little will be out for the season.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I'm loving the Jets even more for tonight - they'll be galvanized by a desire to win after learning that Little will be out for the season.
    I was on the same page as you Rizzee last night. Made myself around 2.3K because of Schiefele. Tonight is tougher.

Gave up, Bergy?

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by kytmagic View Post
    Gave up, Bergy?
    Looks that way. Oh well - he gave it a fair shot and didn't lose his shirt. Nothing to be ashamed about.

Dobber Sports Rookie

anyone playing DFS this season?.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah, I'll be playing. Til I run out of $. Or win a downpayment on a house. It's probably 50/50 at this point.
    Yahoo 12 team H2H Keeper (Keep 7 vets; 3 prospects (Skater < 201 GP; Goalie < 101GP)

Categories: G, A, P, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW, Hits, Blocks, W, GAA, Sv% Saves

Start 3LW, 3C, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 8Bn

C: Crosby, RNH, Stepan, Faksa
    LW: Ovechkin, Benn, Jenner (c), Komarov (c, rw), Dano
    RW: Voracek (lw), Neal, Hornqvist, Silfverberg, Buchnevich (lw), Boeser
    D: Karlsson, Letang, Ellis, Muzzin, Slavin, Boychuk
    G: Price, Bernier, Grubauer, Pickard

Dobber Sports Recruit

I am playing a lot of dfs hockey