Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Rumour] Duchene being shopped to the Senators

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: [Rumour] Duchene being shopped to the Senators

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I would say, in this case, any issues with Duchene stem from the organization, not from Duchene. It's pretty well documented that he's been a lifelong Avs fan and they're the only team he's ever wanted to play for.
    Possible, but suppose he has some irreconcilable differences with certain individuals in the room and/or the organization. The Avs may be his favorite team, but there are very many things in life that trump fandom.

In any case, I was just contradicting this notion that "the Avs won't trade Duchene". Absolutely they could, if they had reason to do so.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports All-Star

Trust me, nothing wrecks your morale at work more than a crappy boss.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Deity

I believe the only guy they have no interest in trading is MacKinnon. I am sure they dont WANT to trade Duchene but I dont think they are totally against it either.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Coach Dave Cameron says he isn't sure Cowen will play tomorrow. Anderson vs Rangers. #Sens
    https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/stat...17206435905536

May be reading a bit too much into this...
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/stat...17206435905536

May be reading a bit too much into this...
    Perhaps, but why not throw another log into the fire?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

it has to be zibby + a Dman.

zibby + landeskog would be a good duo (does anyone know if they've played together in switzerland? any chemistry there?)

as for the D...i have a hard time seeing cowen involved as a major piece. Chabot would seem like the obvious choice but i could see him being untouchable for the sens.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Does everyone not realize Cowen is terrible? Mentioning him in the same breath as Wiercioch is insulting to Wiercioch lol.
    honestly, I think both Cowen and Wiercioch are pretty terrible. I had some high hopes for Wiercioch considering the way he finished last season and how well he played for Canada over the summer, but he has been very disappointing this season.

I think the organization has always been higher on Cowen, for whatever reason.

Regardless, I think one of those two are going to be traded at some point this season because Wideman has been steadily progressing and I believe they'd like to keep him on the main roster.

If the Avs could get a decent 2nd line center like Zibanejad, a 1st round pick, and a 2nd or 3rd pairing dman with size and (possibly) some untapped potential, I think they might consider that. I'm not optimistic that Cowen or Wiercioch would be any better in Colorado, but I bet the Avs would be willing to take a chance on one of them considering how shallow they are on defense.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think it's just a case of Colorado trying to motivate his player...
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    honestly, I think both Cowen and Wiercioch are pretty terrible. I had some high hopes for Wiercioch considering the way he finished last season and how well he played for Canada over the summer, but he has been very disappointing this season.

I think the organization has always been higher on Cowen, for whatever reason.

Regardless, I think one of those two are going to be traded at some point this season because Wideman has been steadily progressing and I believe they'd like to keep him on the main roster.

If the Avs could get a decent 2nd line center like Zibanejad, a 1st round pick, and a 2nd or 3rd pairing dman with size and (possibly) some untapped potential, I think they might consider that. I'm not optimistic that Cowen or Wiercioch would be any better in Colorado, but I bet the Avs would be willing to take a chance on one of them considering how shallow they are on defense.
    I don't see why they would include a 1st with Zibanejad. I could see the 1st with Lazar.

Also the Avs could take Wikstrand who is a valuable chip if he ever comes back. He is a top D prospect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

zibby + landeskog would be a good duo (does anyone know if they've played together in switzerland? any chemistry there?)

as for the D...i have a hard time seeing cowen involved as a major piece. Chabot would seem like the obvious choice but i could see him being untouchable for the sens.
    they both came up with Djurgarden, and are both from Stockholm but never played together.

Not sure they'd be the greatest fit since they play similar games but not saying it couldn't work.

Dobber Sports Veteran

http://www.tsn.ca/dreger-report-more...mours-1.393191

It seems unlikely Avs general manager Joe Sakic will move Duchene. Sakic might be using Duchene’s name as fodder in trade discussions that could lead to an entirely different move involving different players.

The reality is, Colorado is feeling the pain of past decisions to trade Ryan O'Reilly rather than sign him, and allowing Paul Stastny to get scooped by the St Louis Blues as a free agent. The Avs may have been able to manage without one of the two players, but not having either has taken a toll.

There doesn't appear to be a sense of desperation in Colorado, but there has been an ample amount of frustration which may have prompted Sakic to start making calls. Ottawa is equally frustrated from the top down, so the two teams potentially doing business makes a lot of sense
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

switzerland means sweden when you are posting without your morning coffee.

Dobber Sports Pro

Young forward for sale for young dmen? Pick up the phone, Shero!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Young forward for sale for young dmen? Pick up the phone, Shero!
    Actually. Duchene for Larsson as a starting package seems like it makes some sort of sense.

Dobber Sports Stud

With Hamonic expanding his trade list to include Colorado maybe something can be worked out with the Islanders in the mix.

Duchene - XXXXX - Hamonic
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

The Great One

I don't think Duchene will get moved. The Ottawa press has reported that the conversation was really short with the Sens - the Avs wanted way more than Ottawa was willing to consider moving (names were not posted). I think it would take a lot more than Hamonic to get Duchene, even considering how much the Avs could use a guy like that.