Thread: Crystal ball

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Crystal ball

So what's the plan in Anaheim?

Gibson has a contract untill 2019-2020.

Andersen's contract is over after this year.

Andersen is doing an excellent job as a #1 goaltender.

Are they going to sign Andersen and keep Gibson as a back up in the NHL for a couple of seasons?

Trade one of their goalie?

What's the plan do you think?
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Crystal ball

I think they'll sign Andersen to a short term contract and let him and Gibson battle for the starting job

Administrator

I think it all depends on how negotiations work out with Andersen. If they get him signed long-term to a deal that is acceptable to them then I think they go that route. Better to lock up a guy you know can win with than to roll the dice on the unproven commodity. At that point, they likely bring Gibson up as a backup when Khudobin's deal runs out and then trade Gibson before he hits free agency again.

With all of Anaheim's long-term commitments I don't think they'll get Andersen at a price they can stomach. One or two years at $4 million a pop is my projection. Gibson is the starter before his contract runs out in 2019.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I think it all depends on how negotiations work out with Andersen. If they get him signed long-term to a deal that is acceptable to them then I think they go that route. Better to lock up a guy you know can win with than to roll the dice on the unproven commodity. At that point, they likely bring Gibson up as a backup when Khudobin's deal runs out and then trade Gibson before he hits free agency again.

With all of Anaheim's long-term commitments I don't think they'll get Andersen at a price they can stomach. One or two years at $4 million a pop is my projection. Gibson is the starter before his contract runs out in 2019.
    Sadly that is how I see this playing out...but 2019 seems so far away. I own both right now in my keeper, and can't see how I can keep both going into next year unless I give up on young blueliners like Severson and Orlov instead. Definitely keeping an eye on this situation.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Sadly that is how I see this playing out...but 2019 seems so far away. I own both right now in my keeper, and can't see how I can keep both going into next year unless I give up on young blueliners like Severson and Orlov instead. Definitely keeping an eye on this situation.
    I would totally give up on Severson and Orlov before I moved either of the Anaheim tenders. Especially if DeAngelo breaks into the league next year as expected.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Surely you can ship Gibson to another club for some help now.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I would totally give up on Severson and Orlov before I moved either of the Anaheim tenders. Especially if DeAngelo breaks into the league next year as expected.
    I know I got some wiggle room, but plan on keeping Vasilevskiy too. Three G is a lot, and I don't want to handicap my dmen completely by keeping all 3 tenders if I don't have to. Can keep 15 in total, and would do it if I can keep my top 9 F, top 3 D along with the top 3 G.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Sage

Laidlaw is on the right track. Move one of the Gs if need be, you could get a very good D for instance.