Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: William Nylander

Dobber Sports Monster

Default William Nylander

At what point do you think he gets called up? What kind of production are you predicting. I wish he was in the show because he would bring some excitement back in Toronto. Man there is not much to brag about this team. Rielly maybe but Nylander is to me exciting to watch

I...am your father.

Default Re: William Nylander

I'd guess he only plays about five or six NHL games this year over two call-ups. Next year he gets called up for good in December or January.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Monster

Thanks. I hope he has a good season in the AHL

Dobber Sports Monster

Anyone know if he will be going to world juniors or no chance?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Anyone know if he will be going to world juniors or no chance?
    I doubt it but I don't think it makes a difference for him either way.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I'd guess he only plays about five or six NHL games this year over two call-ups. Next year he gets called up for good in December or January.
    Interesting. Really? You don't think this kid breaks camp with this team? I fully expected him to challenge for the top C job next year. Maybe I'm being a little over anxious. Even Marner... will he be better served with yet another year in Junior? More success yes... but what will be left to learn/prove there?

Anyway... motivated me to keep my eye a little closer on the situation.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Interesting. Really? You don't think this kid breaks camp with this team? I fully expected him to challenge for the top C job next year. Maybe I'm being a little over anxious. Even Marner... will he be better served with yet another year in Junior? More success yes... but what will be left to learn/prove there?

Anyway... motivated me to keep my eye a little closer on the situation.

there was no point calling up nylander/marner this year, the team is awful and thrusting them in a losing environment would hurt their development. look at how many top prospects the oilers have failed to develop properly, no sense going down that path if we can avoid it.

next year will be just as bad, but i suppose theres a chance they make the team (especially if stamkos somehow lands here). i'd still prefer them not to make the team, only way i'd want them up is if playing against weaker opponents is hurting their development, which at this point i don't see that being the case.

Dobber Sports Titan

Marner’s pts/game last yr to finish the year – 126pts in 63games - 2pts/game
    Marner’s pts/game this yr – 47pts in 22games – 2.14pts/game or 135pts/63games.

He’s gotta be capped off soon based on production. I would love to see him move up a level next yr, however going to the NHL would not be where I want him. I know the rules on CHL or NHL (age thing), but it would be so much better if he moved from CHL to AHL (I know it can’t happen).

I want to see Nylander next yr at the earliest. It’ll depend who they have on the team next yr because a lot of spots will be open with the 1yr deals being over.

2015-16 season:
    Nylander stays in the AHL, and both go to the WJC.
    2016-17 season:
    Nylander makes his debut in the NHL, production determines if he stays up.
    Marner, I want in the NHL, but he ends up staying 1 more yr in the CHL
    2017-18 season:
    Nylander is a full time NHLer.
    Marner makes NHL debut, but ends up going to the AHL for the year.
    2018-19 season:
    They are both full time NHLers.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think Nylander is in the NHL full time next year.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Guru

I think Nylander gets the call at some point this year -- perhaps not for the rest of the year, but at some point they need to reward the way he's kicking butt with the Marlies.

He'll start next year in the NHL IMO.
    The Leafs aren't as bad as folks initially thought. They work hard and, although they're losing, they're not losing in embarrassing ways.

Yes, a GM wants to protect the young guns from a losing environment; but they also need to show the vets that are playing hard that they aren't letting them lose when there are goals in the AHL that could be helping. At some point, you need to put your best team on the ice.

I actually think Marner might make it next year. What good is 2.5 points per game in the OHL?
    He should be in the AHL. Maybe the Leafs could talk him into a year in Switzerland? ha!
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I actually think Marner might make it next year. What good is 2.5 points per game in the OHL?
    He should be in the AHL. Maybe the Leafs could talk him into a year in Switzerland? ha!
    i hate that rule. too good for juniors but too young for AHL?

the only way this would work out is if we get stamkos and put marner on his wing. man i wish he would just re-sign or flat out say he's hitting FA so i can adjust my expectations. that miniscule chance of him coming to toronto is slowly growing each passing day.

The Great One

Highly doubt Nylander and Kapanen play in the WJC this year.

Dobber Sports Monster

I hope he gets to play. Just so he gets more exposure and someone in my keeper makes an offer for him

Dobber Sports Titan

Why are people saying Nylander and Kapanen won’t go to the WJC? Why wouldn’t they? I can’t think of a situation where a team wouldn’t want their top prospects to go play in a world championship series against the best in the world. I can see if they’re in the NHL, they are helping your team and playing against better players. But AHLers? I feel like the 2-3weeks they take off from the AHL to go play on the big stage helps their maturity level.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Why are people saying Nylander and Kapanen won’t go to the WJC? Why wouldn’t they? I can’t think of a situation where a team wouldn’t want their top prospects to go play in a world championship series against the best in the world. I can see if they’re in the NHL, they are helping your team and playing against better players. But AHLers? I feel like the 2-3weeks they take off from the AHL to go play on the big stage helps their maturity level.
    Bob McKenzie was discussing WJC rosters this afternoon (yesterday) on TSN 1050 and he said it's unlikely the Maple Leafs will let Nylander or Kapanen play for their countries at the WJC. It appears that they don't want to interrupt their development at the professional level.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2