Thread: Toronto and Winnipeg goalies

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Toronto and Winnipeg goalies

Elliotte Friedman has reported that Toronto is looking for a goalies - any chance Winnipeg sends Hutchinson or Pavelec to Toronto so they can bring up C. Hell?

edit - I think i heard that Hutchinson's deal runs out this year, so maybe they move him to get even more depth in their farm system.
    ---------
    12 team ESPN H2H
    auction draft (260 budget)
    limited keeper (4 keepers)
    2016-17 Champion, 2017-18 Runner-up
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW
    W,SO,GAA,SV%
    Start 1 LW/C/RW, 3 D, 3 Util, 2 G

C - J. Hughes
    LW - Panarin
    RW -
    D - Bouchard
    G - Levi

Packer Fan

Administrator

Default Re: Toronto and Winnipeg goalies

The duo has served the Jets well so far so I'm not sure they'll want to mess with that right now.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah I doubt Winnipeg moves a goalie during the season..

A healthy Hiller could be had for pennies.. Cam Ward perhaps? Khudobin if Anaheim thinks Gibson is ready to move up.

The likeliest scenario is that Toronto doesn't trade for any goalies and allows Reimer to play while Bernier recovers.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think Connor Hellebuyck will stay in the AHL this year.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by joe jones View Post
    Elliotte Friedman has reported that Toronto is looking for a goalies - any chance Winnipeg sends Hutchinson or Pavelec to Toronto so they can bring up C. Hell?

edit - I think i heard that Hutchinson's deal runs out this year, so maybe they move him to get even more depth in their farm system.
    doesnt make sense for either team.

pavelec/hutch has played pretty well for winnipeg. put them on toronto and i dont see either putting up any significant difference in numbers vs reimer/bernier.

pavelec/hutch aren't a long term solution for the leafs and wont fit well with their re-building plan, just doesn't make sense for either team.

if leafs are looking for a goalie they need to be looking for a young guy with starting potential. gibson, vasilevsky, helleybuck etc. it will probably cost them JVR but if they really feel they need to trade for a goalie they don't have many expendeable assets that would interest other teams.

imo it wont matter which goalie is in net for the leafs right now. it's been a while since it's been a goalie seller's market so i'd focus on fixing their god awful D before even thinking about goaltending.

Dobber Sports Titan

Toronto’s future is really not in Bernier’s or Reimer’s hands. The hope is to have Bibeau as the starter/in the mix when they are competitive. The big thing is they need some form of a backup plan if he fails. They’ll likely try and find a cheaper option with a high upside than get NHL starters right now.

Subban, Markov (I think, but he’s too far away development wise), Vasy/Gud. Guys like that.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

I've read some rumors about the Ducks moving Andersen.

“The Anaheim one to me is really interesting. They signed John Gibson for three years and he’s in the minors this year. I think the only reason he went to the minors this year is that – or agreed to the contract, the way it was – is because he knew that it wasn’t going to be that long. And Frederik Andersen is a guy, depending on how the contract talks – I think is going to be available at some point. I do think that Anaheim and Buffalo had some conversations last year. I think some other teams have called Anaheim about it. I know that there have been teams were looking at their long term radars last year and were saying, ‘What is Anaheim going to do with those two goalies? And which direction are they going to go in?’ I think Anaheim – Bob Murray is probably going to be the guy, when makes his decision of which one of those two he’s going with, I think that’s a decision that’s going to have some ramifications around the league.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-t...ome-available/
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I've read some rumors about the Ducks moving Andersen.

“The Anaheim one to me is really interesting. They signed John Gibson for three years and he’s in the minors this year. I think the only reason he went to the minors this year is that – or agreed to the contract, the way it was – is because he knew that it wasn’t going to be that long. And Frederik Andersen is a guy, depending on how the contract talks – I think is going to be available at some point. I do think that Anaheim and Buffalo had some conversations last year. I think some other teams have called Anaheim about it. I know that there have been teams were looking at their long term radars last year and were saying, ‘What is Anaheim going to do with those two goalies? And which direction are they going to go in?’ I think Anaheim – Bob Murray is probably going to be the guy, when makes his decision of which one of those two he’s going with, I think that’s a decision that’s going to have some ramifications around the league.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-t...ome-available/
    if it were pretty much any other contender i would say the ducks are moving Gibson in a deal to acquire a top 6 forward...i.e someone that can play with getz/perry...ahem JVR

but i think the ducks are for some reason a low budget team with an internal cap right? i think they'd prefer to trade andersen who will at worse get a contract similar to dubnyk next season. i don't really see andersen as a fit for the leafs, he seems better for a playoff bubble team like Calgary.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    if it were pretty much any other contender i would say the ducks are moving Gibson in a deal to acquire a top 6 forward...i.e someone that can play with getz/perry...ahem JVR

but i think the ducks are for some reason a low budget team with an internal cap right? i think they'd prefer to trade andersen who will at worse get a contract similar to dubnyk next season. i don't really see andersen as a fit for the leafs, he seems better for a playoff bubble team like Calgary.
    I agree that this is not the best fit but I don't think the Leafs have a lot of options. And the same can be said about the Ducks.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Monster

Toronto has got to make a move for a goalie but for what? Bernier was looking solid 2 seasons ago or so now not so much.