Thread: Dealing Kelce

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dealing Kelce

10-team, standard YFF league.

QB: C Palmer, R Tannehill
    RB: L Miller, F Gore, C Johnson, J Starks
    WR: D Thomas, D Hopkins, J Maclin, M Bryant, D Moncrief
    TE: A Gates, J Reed

A buddy in my league said that if I could acquire a top-5 TE, he would work a deal for one of his RB's--where he has pretty good depth. I have an agreement in place to swap Gates for T Kelce (one of the TE's on his list). What type of deal (and which back) should I look at in return, to make it worth it?

His RBs:
    Gurley - would love, but may be untouchable
    Forsett - 3 great matchups, but playoff schedule isn't great
    Lacy - leaning towards him; slightly worried about the timeshare, but think he could turn it around
    C West - very intrigued--will he keep the job?; love his schedule the rest of the way; could possibly ask for him + another (Ebron? Diggs?)

Any thoughts on how I should proceed are appreciated.
    Yahoo, 1 yr, 10-team, H2H Pts
    G 5, A 2.5, +/- 0.25, SOG 0.5, PPG 1.7, PPA 0.85, SHG 3.4, SHA 1.7, PIM -0.7, HIT 1, BLK 1, GWG 2, FOW .5, FOL -0.2
    GS 1, W 5, L -2, GA -1.15, SA 0.10, SV 0.45, SO 2.5

C (2): O'Reilly, Kopitar
    LW (2): Draisatl, B Tkachuk
    RW (2): Stamkos, J Miller
    D (3): Nurse, Pulock, Risto
    Bench: Horvat, Glendening, Parayko, Seguin (IR)
    G: Shesterkin, Blackwood, Koskinen

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Dealing Kelce

I highly doubt Gurley would be available. Anybody in a playoff position would be crazy to trade him.

West doesn't have any concerns over a timeshare. The job is fully his so he's a good option. Not really sold on Forsett, think the wheels are wearing on him. I can understand the concerns about Lacy but the game against Denver proved the job is his, and he played good, considering the strength of the Broncos Defense and the constant pressure he was under.

I think getting West or Lacy would be good. Think you're pushing your limits asking for West & Diggs. Kelce is a bit overrated simply due to his workload. For a man of that talent, he should be force fed the ball, which he isn't. So either Smith or Reid don't like him. Don't know which one but when JC goes down, Kelce should be the focal point of the offense and he isn't.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So I can make the Kelce for Lacy deal. @Goldendelicious - Which of the two would you rather have: Lacy or West?
    Yahoo, 1 yr, 10-team, H2H Pts
    G 5, A 2.5, +/- 0.25, SOG 0.5, PPG 1.7, PPA 0.85, SHG 3.4, SHA 1.7, PIM -0.7, HIT 1, BLK 1, GWG 2, FOW .5, FOL -0.2
    GS 1, W 5, L -2, GA -1.15, SA 0.10, SV 0.45, SO 2.5

C (2): O'Reilly, Kopitar
    LW (2): Draisatl, B Tkachuk
    RW (2): Stamkos, J Miller
    D (3): Nurse, Pulock, Risto
    Bench: Horvat, Glendening, Parayko, Seguin (IR)
    G: Shesterkin, Blackwood, Koskinen

Dobber Sports Expert

That's a tough call given West's last two games. He's been the clear lead back while Lacy is still in a timeshare. That being said the entire Packers offence has got to get going at some point here.

Lacy looked explosive coming out of the bye. He finally looked healthy which I think has been a detriment to his season to this point. Lacy tends to have strong 2nd halfs to his seasons and I think he'll get going. I personally take the risk and get Lacy. Both have great matchups rest of the season but I'm banking on the Packers offense taking off. Preference to Lacy, but I wouldn't say getting West is a bad deal either.