Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mcjesus

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Mcjesus

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    I doubt they split up the Hall RNH draisatl line. They are cooking quite nicely.
    While I agree that the trio looks great together they kind of have to now I think.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    While I agree that the trio looks great together they kind of have to now I think.
    I don't think they do. Not saying they won't, but Chiarelli basically said they have options. He also said that he was reluctant to have the line split up because they are clicking well together but he also said that Draisaitl is able to play several positions.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Hall-RNH-Eberle
    Pouliot-Draisaitl-Yak?
    The last 20 or so games last year didn't Pouliot-RNH-Eberle work well as a line? Maybe they do that and that keeps some of the Hall Draisaitl mojo going hopefully with a sprinkle of Yak?
    12 Team H2H - 3C/3LW/3RW/4D/4BN
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%,SO

Dobber Sports Titan

According to dailyfaceoff the lines are
    Hall-Draisaitl-Eberle
    Pouliot-RNH-Yak
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Glad they kept Drais and Hall together. I just picked up Drais this week.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SubbaNsalad View Post
    This is awful, wasnt eberle due to come back soonish?

Devastating. Theyre cursed for real
    Lol. So many people saying this on twitter. No team who has drafted 1st overall 4 of the last 6 years, top 3 5 of the last 6 years, is a cursed or unlucky team. So stop. Just stop.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Does anyone with fantasy baseball experience feel a bit of frustration as i do over the lack of injury analysis in fantasy hockey? All I've seen on websites is people parroting the official "months" projection, which is ridiculous. Two months? 20? Surely we know enough about this injury (Kane, right?) to be able to give a proper projection of when is the earliest/latest likely return date?
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Padawan

From the mayo clinic.

The time for a broken collarbone to fully heal depends on the severity of the injury. In children, complete healing may take as little as three to six weeks. In adults, six to 16 weeks or more are often necessary for a collarbone to heal solidly.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    From the mayo clinic.

The time for a broken collarbone to fully heal depends on the severity of the injury. In children, complete healing may take as little as three to six weeks. In adults, six to 16 weeks or more are often necessary for a collarbone to heal solidly.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he came back in a similar time frame as Kane, 6-8 weeks. The Oilers were vague and said months as they obviously did not want to put any restrictions or deadlines on it in case it took longer.
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%,SO

The Great One

they won't rush him...he is like a thoroughbred horse...his value on and off the ice, to the Oilers, to the NHL, to the companies that endorse him...they will be extremely cautious with him
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    they won't rush him...he is like a thoroughbred horse...his value on and off the ice, to the Oilers, to the NHL, to the companies that endorse him...they will be extremely cautious with him
    Of course they're not going to rush him, Chicago wasn't going to rush Kane either, but if it's healed properly and the doctors sign off on it and he feels good then he will play. It just makes sense that if they are vague and allude to the worst case of possibly 3-4 months then if he can come back in 1.5-2, it will be amazing news for everyone and alleviate people getting antsy around the 2 month mark if he is not ready.
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%,SO

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by holypuck View Post
    Of course they're not going to rush him, Chicago wasn't going to rush Kane either, but if it's healed properly and the doctors sign off on it and he feels good then he will play. It just makes sense that if they are vague and allude to the worst case of possibly 3-4 months then if he can come back in 1.5-2, it will be amazing news for everyone and alleviate people getting antsy around the 2 month mark if he is not ready.
    yes, I agree. I'm just saying that in McDavid's case they are going to be even more cautious because he is so young. I've read that it takes longer for these types of injuries to heal in younger kids. Plus, the injury was more serious in that the collarbone broke in three places. It would be the most devastating incident possible if they brought him back too soon and he re-broke the collarbone after taking another big hit. Plus, the Oilers aren't making the playoffs with or without him, so even if they think he is ready I could see them holding him out another week or two just to give him more time. I'm sure Chicago was cautious with Kane as well, but the situations are considerably different. Kane is a veteran hockey player whereas McDavid is the most important hockey player to enter the NHL since Crosby and there is much more attention and focus on him and his injury than there was with Kane. The Oilers really can't afford to make a mistake with his recovery.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by holypuck View Post
    They definitely rushed Kane back. No question.

The Great One

I was just listening to Bob McKenzie being interviewed about McDavid's injury and he mentioned that the Tony Romo situation may make the Oilers even more cautious with McDavid. In case you don't know, Romo returned from a broken collarbone a bit early and immediately re-broke the bone and is now done for the season. And the only way a broken collarbone becomes a potentially chronic issue is if the player isn't given enough time to properly (fully) heal.

McKenzie said that if he were in charge, he would make McDavid practice for two or three weeks after given the "all-clear" from the doctor.

Again, I think if there was ever a time to be extra cautious with a player, this is the time. McDavid is way too valuable to risk a re-injury. Given his age, superstar status, the media attention, and the fact the Oilers aren't making the playoffs, there is no reason to bring him back until the bone has fully healed and McDavid has at least a few weeks of practice.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I was just listening to Bob McKenzie being interviewed about McDavid's injury and he mentioned that the Tony Romo situation may make the Oilers even more cautious with McDavid. In case you don't know, Romo returned from a broken collarbone a bit early and immediately re-broke the bone and is now done for the season. And the only way a broken collarbone becomes a potentially chronic issue is if the player isn't given enough time to properly (fully) heal.

McKenzie said that if he were in charge, he would make McDavid practice for two or three weeks after given the "all-clear" from the doctor.

Again, I think if there was ever a time to be extra cautious with a player, this is the time. McDavid is way too valuable to risk a re-injury. Given his age, superstar status, the media attention, and the fact the Oilers aren't making the playoffs, there is no reason to bring him back until the bone has fully healed and McDavid has at least a few weeks of practice.
    Yeah no sense in rushing him when the Oilers don't look to be making the play-offs (we're just trying to win a game, playoffs?), plus he is young and no sense in risking his health.