Thread: Thoughts on Jeremy Hill?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Thoughts on Jeremy Hill?

I have a chance to snag Jeremy Hill right now for Stefon Diggs or Jordan Matthews. Would you do this trade? My other WR's are Beckham Jr and A.J. Green.

My RB's are Eddie Lacy, Chris Ivory, Doug Martin, and Christine Michael. I feel like Hill could go off any week and this could be the week vs Cleveland. After that he will probably finish like he did last year.

Diggs has a really tough schedule coming up as far a WR matchups, so I have a feeling his value may drop a bunch. Is this a good sell high buy low?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Thoughts on Jeremy Hill?

How many do you start? I won't lie, I am quickly losing faith in Hill, who was one of my two keepers this past offseason in my limited keeper league. The way he's going, he won't be a keeper for me this year.

Until I see him bounce back, it's hard to recommend him, especially when you already have two very good RBs in Lacy and Ivory.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Diggs also had a tough matchup against Denver, and put up a solid 10-6-87 line on them so while I am a little concerned about the upcoming matchups, I would hold for now. But I agree, I think he's going to be in for a tough month.

At this point in the season, I would be basing trades on who my players are going to play in the playoffs. If you grab Hill, here are your RB schedules for weeks 13-16:
    Lacy -- DET, DAL, OAK, ARI
    Ivory -- NYG, TEN, DAL, NE
    Martin -- ATL, NO, STL, CHI
    Hill -- CLE, PIT, SF, DEN
    So while Hill may have an 'easier' schedule, he isn't providing better matchup options down the stretch outside of his game against SF. Bernard still gets all the passing down work so Hill is limited to 2-down work. Bernard is also slightly preferred in the red zone.

Matthews has a nice schedule rest of the season and I'm not convinced to sell on him just yet. Given your depth at RB and lack thereof at WR, I would not go through with this trade.

Dobber Sports Titan

Do not trade Diggs. Dude is going to be big. The best attribute he has is he’s a perfectionist. On his finger tip diving TD catch he had some criticism on the play… but on a misplay from him. He said he didn’t bust out of his cut like he should have, but instead looked back to early at the throw slowing him down a touch.

It was so slight of a look I couldn’t pause it on youtube to catch the instance where he glanced back.

His route running is ridiculous. He doesn’t slow down unless he wants to on breaks. He’s fast (but not a straight line burner tho) but his lateral movement is absolutely insane where he turns former 1st round Corners around (KC Marcus Peters couldn’t keep him down in week 7).

He can adjust too to a “bad” throw. The catch and TD run he had vs the Bears, right before Bridgewater throws it, Diggs calls for the ball to be thrown to the inside of the field (his running path). Bridgewater throws what would have been behind any other receiver, but Diggs being able to stop so fast, stops, adjusts to the throw, catches it, and turns to run down the sideline. That play you can see his 0-top speed is hit so quickly on that run that the live play view has NO ONE in the shot besides him at one point.

Only reason why he is so undervalued right now, and to start the season is because he broke his leg in 2013, and had suffered a kidney laceration in 2014. That dropped his draft stock where the Vikings drafted him at 146th.

I would be holding onto Diggs for sure. Only leagues where I would consider trading him would be if you had 3 other WR better than him, and needed RB help badly. If it’s a keeper league, nothing should be taken in a trade for him besides some top end talent. Think OBJr or Antonio Brown ceiling.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

And the added bonus that the Vikings have already dealt with their Bye week. He’s playing another 9 games this yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks guys I'll pass on it for now.