Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sebastian Aho

The Great One

Default Re: Sebastian Aho

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Why, Guru? Trying to keep him secret? He's not worth the discussion?...
    Trying to keep a secret and/or not pumping his name. You can bump this thread all you want after my draft!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Trying to keep a secret and/or not pumping his name. You can bump this thread all you want after my draft!
    lol figured it was that lol. Listen man, if they read the forums, this guy ain't no secret... at least not for long. Maybe you get lucky and the Swedish guy goes off the board first as a mistake? lol.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Aho is under contract with Karpat through next year on eliteprospects.com but if I were the Canes, I'd make an offer to get him across the pond. He's not a big guy, but he plays a very cerebral game and a great ability to find the quiet ice. I think he's playing better in the Liiga playoffs than we saw in the WJC, and wearing the golden helmet for months. Tappara today was going after him physically and he fought through it, but some more physical maturity would be helpful. As others have said he's very young.

Dobber Sports Monster

I didn't get to see much of Aho this tournament. He never got any points but did he look good out there?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I didn't get to see much of Aho this tournament. He never got any points but did he look good out there?
    Team Finland scored 1 goal. The whole team looked bad. Like most of the stars on the team, he faded to the back and guys like Komarov and Donskoi name were being called more by the announcers.

When Laine and Barkov do nothing, I won’t be knocking any of the other players. I think the coaching staff takes this flop of a tournament, the players just never looked comfortable out there.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Team Finland scored 1 goal. The whole team looked bad. Like most of the stars on the team, he faded to the back and guys like Komarov and Donskoi name were being called more by the announcers.

When Laine and Barkov do nothing, I won’t be knocking any of the other players. I think the coaching staff takes this flop of a tournament, the players just never looked comfortable out there.
    Aho actually looked better than Laine while playing 5-on-5. Laine is a great weapon on the PP but couldn't really handle the competition at ES.

I don't think Aho looked out of place both offensively and defensively but of course it wasn't a great success when they couldn't score.

The Great One

I think it was a reality check for Laine... I just hope the hype around him dies down a little now as some GMs have already over paid if they are hoping for the break out next season
    Experience is the teacher of all things.