Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alex DeBrincat

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Alex DeBrincat

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    The 2007 draft was not a deep draft and P.Kane was a special talent. I don't think DeBrincat is a special talent even if he is a really good hockey player (sorry). And he will have to compete with Matthews, Chychrun, Puljujarvi, Laine, Tkachuk, Nylander etc.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying he is in a really tough position to go in the top 10.
    At the time of the draft I remember people saying it was a weak draft but looking back now it was a very good draft in my opinion. Kane, Voracek, Benn, Pacioretty, Couture, JVR, Subban, Shattenkirk, McDonagh, Gagner, Simmonds, Turris, Muzzin.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    At the time of the draft I remember people saying it was a weak draft but looking back now it was a very good draft in my opinion. Kane, Voracek, Benn, Pacioretty, Couture, JVR, Subban, Shattenkirk, McDonagh, Gagner, Simmonds, Turris, Muzzin.
    Yep I agree it looks good now but at the time the top 10 was not as deep as it looks this year.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Yep I agree it looks good now but at the time the top 10 was not as deep as it looks this year.
    You are right. Be interesting to see how 2013 draft looks in 5-6 years after all the hype that it could potentially be as good or near as good as 03.

Dobber Sports Monster

Just for fun but here are his projections if he plays the same amount of games as last season (68)

GP: 68
    G: 106
    A: 43
    PTS: 149

Lets say he stays at that pace (i know highly unlikely) does he get taken over Matthews you think? Im hoping this kid keeps scoring at an alarming rate lol

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Just for fun but here are his projections if he plays the same amount of games as last season (68)

GP: 68
    G: 106
    A: 43
    PTS: 149

Lets say he stays at that pace (i know highly unlikely) does he get taken over Matthews you think? Im hoping this kid keeps scoring at an alarming rate lol
    No and it's not even close.

I think his SH % is over 30% right now.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Monster

Could see him going early 2nd round. Heck Nic Petan went 2nd round despite scoring lots of points

Dobber Sports Pro

Lots of goals, lots of points, but still have a hard time projecting him as a 1st rounder this year... I do however think someone takes him in the mid to late 2nd.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky