Thread: Replacement GM needed for UDL

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Replacement GM needed for UDL

The Ultimate Dynasty League (UDL) is looking for a replacement GM.

The UDL is a 16 team H2H dynasty (keep-all) type league on Fantrax with an active, well knit, passionate group that many who participate call one of the best (if not "the" best) leagues they have been a part of.

Stats : G / A / P / (+/-) / PPP / SHP / PIM / SOG for Skaters (Note : SHP will be replaced by Hits at the start of the 2016-2017 season)
    W / SV / SV% / GAA / ShO for Goalies (min 3 GP)

The league has an unlimited farm team (100 GP for Skaters, 82 GP for goalies) and a 3 round prospect draft - but the twist is that generally (there are few exception cases) prospects can't be sent down nor signed from the FA - it's draft or nothing. Apart from that, it's mostly standard fare - weekly scoring, limited transactions per week, category scoring, keep all players, etc.

The team that is available is definitely taking advantage of the above quirk. Has 30 prospects there, and has Schneider and Crawford currently in net. Also has 3 1st rounders in the upcoming draft. Definitely a rebuilding situation, but it's on the rise (10th place behind my team in sig (well, most of that one - slightly in need of an update) that is 9th and shouldn't be that low).

We use Fantrax to manage the league details (Lifetime Premium membership already paid for) and a proboards forum based website for league discussions, rules, trade offers, and everything else. Activity on the forums is basically a requirement on the regular (daily unless you have good reasoning such as a busy time in life, limited internet connection at work, vacation, etc). However, that also means everyone there is chatty and trade-offer happy.

Apply if you :

A) Are an active, knowledgeable (doesn't have to be extravagant, just being around here is already a step in the right direction), passionnate GM
    B) Want to add a new hockey league with active, knowledgeable, passionate GM's to your repertoire
    C) Want to see a rebuilding team on the cusp achieve the next step

Send an email to rochce (humans blablabla) yahoo (you know the drill) com if you're interested with a nice message showing your fantasy background and why you're the best person for the spot. I'll send a link to the rulebook, send over the full roster and ask some follow-up questions to those who are indeed interested.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Nights; January 6, 2016 at 9:13 PM.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Replacement GM needed for UDL

I'm very interested but a bit hesitant.

1) Did the manager forget to set his roster 4/8 nights of the season or 1/8 nights of the season?
    2) What exactly do you consider baseline forum activity? 1 post per day? 1 post per week? I know 1 post per day is ideal and I'm active in my fantasy league and actually do power rankings every month but some weeks i'm busy with work.
    3) How are trades handled? Are any trades allowed or is there a league-wide vote or is there a committee to veto?
    4) What are the fees for joining, if any?
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    I'm very interested but a bit hesitant.

1) Did the manager forget to set his roster 4/8 nights of the season or 1/8 nights of the season? I only saw one night where there wasn't an open spot on his roster that could've been filled by a player on the bench.
    2) What exactly do you consider baseline forum activity? 1 post per day? 1 post per week? I know 1 post per day is ideal and I'm active in my fantasy league and actually do power rankings every month but some weeks i'm busy with work Baseline? Check in once a day (when possible - sometimes we just can't) - not necessarily post, but check in every day to see PM's or any larger scale discussions. Participate on league issues when they come up. I don't think that checking in every day is unreasonable.
    3) How are trades handled? Are any trades allowed or is there a league-wide vote or is there a committee to veto. Trades allowed, yes. I'm of the "No collusion, no veto" mindset when it comes to vetoes, unless the trade is really ridiculous (like Crosby level profile for Replacement Level Player profile, as an example, wouldn't pass). If both managers can argue the trade makes their team better, and that argument is reasonable, I don't see why it should ever be stopped.
    4) What are the fees for joining, if any? None. As mentioned, in past seasons we've managed to scrape enough donations for an end-of year prize, previously a jersey. Don't know if that's feasible this year though.
    Answers in bold. Sorry for the delay in checking in - been a busy week.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

Bumping. New team left just before the holidays, and those who are around here know I was helping out with the WJC pool. Almost forgot I had to fill the spot amidst the holiday stuff.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

Bump - still looking.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO