Thread: Is Anderson a solid enough bet to be my # 2?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Is Anderson a solid enough bet to be my # 2?

Drafted last night, and I'm pretty happy with my team (in sig). I think my weakest position is center, and as I look around for possible trades to improve there, I see that a few teams look pretty thin in goal. I believe I made a solid, late round grab of Anderson, and although I don't think many of my league mates would place much value in him, I won the league a few years ago with no small thanks to Anderson, and I think he still could be a good complementary piece.

But...is he good enough for me to dangle Rinne or Bishop? The wire is down to Pavelec, Lehner, Ramo, Ward, Riemer level guys.

(NB Bishop also has some keeper value, as he can be kept at the cost of a 6th round pick next year. Anderson, if he proves himself to be of some value, could be kept at the cost of a 14th round pick.)
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Is Anderson a solid enough bet to be my # 2?

You did well my friend. I am remember you were debating your first. For what it's worth Anderson is my #2 and I think he will have a wicked bounce back season. I don't think your Centers are to bad when Backstrom gets back. I would wait half a dozen games to see how Anderson holds up first.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Deity

I believe Anderson is solid enough to be your #2 but why take the chance. You have two solid goalies already. I'd be patient on moving a goalie and wait for a team to get desperate and need a starter and then take advantage of their poor situation and dangle Anderson. Don't move Anderson too early and not get back enough for his value. If he went late in the draft, others don't see his value right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree with Axeman, I'd let things play out a bit first. If Anderson plays well enough to be a #2 I would shop him instead, if he doesn't you still at least have Rinne and Bish and are not stuck with him as a #2.
    10 team H2H keep any 5 (bold kept last year) - 11th year - G,A,PPP,SOG,HITS,BLKS, W,GAA,S%
    C(2)-Crosby (IR), Aho
    LW(2)-Svechnikov, Landeskog RW(2)- DeBrincat, Lindholm
    W(1)- RNH F(2)- R.Thomas, Boldy
    D(5)- Heiskanen, S.Jones, Dahlin, Klingberg, Cernak
    G(2)- Hellebuyck, Talbot
    BN(4): Rust (IR), Lee, Andersson, Norris, Markstrom, Tuch

Dobber Sports Stud

Good advice on taking it slow guys; it' so tempting to try to move fast.

I don't think anyone in my league will appreciate the value of Anderson, as many guys can't see past the "name" guys. Therefore, I don't foresee being able to make a value trade with him. I'm already down a center (Backstrom) and a D (Wisniewski), so the value of having depth has been a stark reminder.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)

Dobber Sports Superstar

On the other hand, if you want a C, that tends to be the position that is easiest to acquire in trade.

I'd hold off until there are some goalie injuries. Then someone should be willing to part with a C for him.

Just don't be expecting Giroux or something.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Stud

Then someone should be willing to part with a C for him. Just don't be expecting Giroux or something.

For Anderson, no way. But maybe Rinne or Bishop for a Giroux? Or am I still looking at more of a Getzlaf?

Also, I now am probably thinner at D than anywhere else, and I would love to get, maybe Carlson. Karma, as a Carlson owner in a 10-team H2H, would Anderson do it? (I understand our structures are quite different, not least because of Anderson's possible keeper value).

Dobber Sports Superstar

How many goalie starts do you require? I think you might be surprised what someone would give up if faced with either not making their starts or riding it out with whoever's currently in net for Buffalo.

If you're convinced that no one will buy into Anderson (which I frankly think is silly if he's starting and performing reasonably well on a decent Ottawa team, not necessarily of you but of them), then you still have an attractive asset in Mrazek if he continues to get starts and perform well.

I would not be so eager to move such a relatively rare asset such as a Rinne or Bishop for such an easily acquired asset as a C. That just seems fundamentally flawed.

As far as Carlson goes, I doubt the Carlson owner gives him up for Anderson, unless he has some catastrophic injury to his top goalie like what happened with Rinne season before last.

In any case, I think you should just hold for the time being. You might be glad to have Anderson if Rinne has problems again.

Assuming Backstrom really does only miss a few games, your C position is pretty solid.

As far as losing Wiz, I don't know what you could have reasonably expected out of him anyway. I think his glory days were behind him last year. Your D is respectable as long as Markov continues to be healthy.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Stud

No minimum starts, just the reduced chance of winning the Wins cat with fewer starts.

I would not be so eager to move such a relatively rare asset such as a Rinne or Bishop for such an easily acquired asset as a C. That just seems fundamentally flawed.

Hmmm - that's really the crux of it isn't it. You've snapped it in for me there.

The Carlson owner has only Quick and Talbot in goal. I'm keping a thermometer in his mouth to see if he becomes desperate for G help. He also hates the Caps, which can have an influence if one is not careful...