Thread: DT+K.Williams for Amari+Gurley/Lewis

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default DT+K.Williams for Amari+Gurley/Lewis

12-team .5ppr league. This guy keeps proposing trades trying to get one of my RBs (most recently Karlos Williams) for Peyton Manning and/or Spiller, and I keep turning them down. But looking at his roster, Amari Cooper, Todd Gurley, and Dion Lewis are some guys I wouldn't mind having.

Is the price of Demaryius + Williams/Miller/Hillman too steep for Cooper + Gurley/Lewis? Worth noting it's a 2-keeper Auction draft league.

My Full team:
    Dalton, Bradford
    L.Murray, Miller, K.Williams, Hillman, David Johnson
    DT, Julio, Landry, Stevie Johnson, Dorial Green-Beckham
    Kelce

His team
    Brady, Peyton
    DeMarco, Spiller, Lewis, Gurley, R.Mathews
    Cobb, A.Cooper, Moncrief, Garcon, Jordy
    Clay

I like my team, despite the lack of a consistent RB2, but I'm currently 1-3 after unlucky matchups. I currently have the most points for and against in my league, which is why I'm a little hesitant to make any drastic changes.

That said, I still need to start winning soon. And with Miller/Landry on bye this week, and Williams possibly out with a concussion, I'm looking at starting Hillman as an RB2 this week if I don't make any deal. Lewis has had his bye and could be serviceable the rest of the way as the Pats pass-catching back. Gurley has a tough schedule and a bye next week, but pretty good keeper-potential.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Default Re: DT+K.Williams for Amari+Gurley/Lewis

First, if you move DT you target Gurley and only Gurley as the RB in return. You do not move DT for Lewis despite his recent success. Given that it's a two keeper/auction, I place higher value on plug-n-play RBs since they are a more scarce commodity than WRs. If you can move DT + Miller for Cooper + Gurley, do it.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: DT+K.Williams for Amari+Gurley/Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    First, if you move DT you target Gurley and only Gurley as the RB in return. You do not move DT for Lewis despite his recent success. Given that it's a two keeper/auction, I place higher value on plug-n-play RBs since they are a more scarce commodity than WRs. If you can move DT + Miller for Cooper + Gurley, do it.
    I agree with this--don't do the deal for anything less than Cooper + Gurley. Personally, I'd try to see if you can move K Williams (obsolete when McCoy comes back) or Hillman (RBBC w Anderson on a team that doesn't run well) over Miller. I still think Miami is too talented to be this bad--its just a dumpster fire from a management standpoint--and their schedule has been pretty bad thus far. Just my 2 cents.
    Yahoo, 1 yr, 10-team, H2H Pts
    G 5, A 2.5, +/- 0.25, SOG 0.5, PPG 1.7, PPA 0.85, SHG 3.4, SHA 1.7, PIM -0.7, HIT 1, BLK 1, GWG 2, FOW .5, FOL -0.2
    GS 1, W 5, L -2, GA -1.15, SA 0.10, SV 0.45, SO 2.5

C (2): O'Reilly, Kopitar
    LW (2): Draisatl, B Tkachuk
    RW (2): Stamkos, J Miller
    D (3): Nurse, Pulock, Risto
    Bench: Horvat, Glendening, Parayko, Seguin (IR)
    G: Shesterkin, Blackwood, Koskinen