Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Fantrax $$$ Leagues

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Fantrax $$$ Leagues

Nice work dooley!
    Was the winner that guy with the awesome line-ups in several leagues that we flagged at start of season?

Dobber Sports Expert

That would go a long way in Canada...well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Nice work dooley!
    Was the winner that guy with the awesome line-ups in several leagues that we flagged at start of season?
    Yep, that's him! ('Dean ll' in my league and 'Dean l' in another).
    Here is his lineup this week with points.
    Datsyuk (14), Neal (27.5), Ovi (30.5), Schenn (22.5), Simmons (39.5), Buff (37.5), OEL (15), Letang (38), Dubnyk (18.25), Elliot (27.75).
    His bench is Horny (26), Thornton (29), Williams (16.5), Carlson (15.5), Greiss (41.75)

Backstrom, Evander, Hartnell and Lucic really hurt me the past 2 weeks (Finals started 03/28)

I think I am going to enter another league this year, anyone else thinking about joining a fantrax $ league this year?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    I think I am going to enter another league this year, anyone else thinking about joining a fantrax $ league this year?
    Yes I am , I have not read thru this whole thread but what ended up as the best draft strategy for these leagues and was the competition tougher than you expected? I read the first couple pages here about this time last year and it seemed like drafting Goalie- Defense and Forward in that order was the thinking? And how did your team fare dooley89? What do you recommend?
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Master

do they offer a variety of setups ?

I think I'd dig a points only or roto as opposed to h2h because I'm never fond of someone winning big chunk of the $ based on 3 weeks of playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby4Ever View Post
    Yes I am , I have not read thru this whole thread but what ended up as the best draft strategy for these leagues and was the competition tougher than you expected? I read the first couple pages here about this time last year and itith 3 seemed like drafting Goalie- Defense and Forward in that order was the thinking? And how did your team fare dooley89? What do you recommend?
    5F, 3D, 2G
    Weekly Starts
    Forwards: G(3) A(2), PIM(.5), SOG(.5), PPP(1), SHG(2)
    Goalies: A(3), GA(-1), PIM(.5), SV(.25), SHO(5), W(5)

With 3D and 2G I went D/G/G/D/D with my first 5 picks.

Competition was not that tough to be honest, I forgot to set my lines for quite a few weeks but still finished the regular season in 3rd.
    I played matchups when I could afford to drop bench players and focused on MAX GP in playoff weeks.

I will probably employ the same draft strategy this year, having 5 forwards that arent position specific (LW/RW/C) allows you to grab any forward you think will have a big year without worrying about drafting too many (insert position here)'s.

Drafting two goalies right away was absolutely imperative to finishing well, Bishop and Miller were active for the entire season.
    You need two starters who will NOT get injured, there will not be a FA goalie who can replace a goalie you drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round, guaranteed!
    I also just kept forwards on my bench, swapping in guys with 4 game weeks, let my stud D be steady and rack up points for me.

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    do they offer a variety of setups ?

I think I'd dig a points only or roto as opposed to h2h because I'm never fond of someone winning big chunk of the $ based on 3 weeks of playoffs
    Last year there were no options, H2H with top 4 making playoffs was all
    We will have to check it out once they open it up for the season, I would also prefer a roto league!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'll be back in. Probably going to join more than 1 $100 entry. The $250 is quite a bit tougher than the $100 from what I have noticed the last 2 seasons.

Do you know when they begin taking registrations again?

Dobber Sports Monster

Anyone know of any all points leagues (1 year) coming up? I'd like to join one

Fantrax Classic Leagues are drafting now.

$25, $50 and $100 entries.
    All 12 team leagues, H2H.
    5F, 3D, 2G
    Skaters: G, A, SOG, PPP, SHG, PIM
    Goalies: W, GA, SV, SHO, ASSISTS, PIM

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Anyone know of any all points leagues (1 year) coming up? I'd like to join one
    I asked why all the leagues are h2h and no roto or points and they claimed there wasnt enough interest .

I'd be more interested in points so that the winner is based on entire seasons worth of work ; not just a 2 week playoff

Dobber Sports Monster

I asked why all the leagues are h2h and no roto or points and they claimed there wasnt enough interest .

I'd be more interested in points so that the winner is based on entire seasons worth of work ; not just a 2 week playoff
    I agree. I might just have to stick to my $50 one year and $250 one year all points leagues ... booo

Dobber Sports Prodigy

At least they have changed it now so that the top 6 teams qualify for playoffs with the top 2 teams receiving a bye. The value of Goals and Assists have also risen so that playoffs are much less based on how the goalies do in 1 week.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

First team, $100 League. Had first overall pick. Russian Machine Never Breaks!

F - Ovechkin (1)
    F - Malkin (2)
    F - Pacioretty (5)
    F - Voracek (9)
    F - Eberle (10)
    D - Ekman-Larsson (3)
    D - Hamilton (7)
    D - McDonagh (12)
    Bn - Nash (13), Staal(15), Tatar(16), Green(14)

G - Varlamov (4)
    G - Talbot (6)
    Bn - Lehner (8), Hellbucyk (11)

Pretty excited about this team. Tried to find a reason not to take Malkin at 24th overall but it was too hard and I think I am ok with how my goaltending worked out anyways. I have a lot of veterans mixed with some nice upside in net. I might have reached with Hamilton but that tier of D was almost empty for that 6th round pick so I gambled that he can be a solid starter for a full season. I was targeting Faulk with that pick, but unfortunately he went 30 picks above his ADP earlier that round. Maybe I should have waited for my 3rd forward and grabbed a D instead of Pacioretty, but he is so solid that I can't feel too bad about it.

There are some real bad drafters in these leagues again!

How are your teams doing?

I am off to a 2-0 start with 325.5 Fantasy Points.
    2nd place team has 269 to date.