Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantrax $$$ Leagues

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Fantrax $$$ Leagues

Just curious - anybody do these?
    They have $25, $50, and $100 buy-in.
    Pays out about 90% of what 12-teams put in.

H2H, with top four making playoffs.
    And I noticed it is "No Trades" - which is good, because I'm sure there are buddies in every pool that have some method of scamming things (probably still do - with "timely" add/drops.)

Default Re: Fantrax $$$ Leagues

Just got an email about this today, I would prefer a ROTO league but it is tempting to try this out.

5F, 3D, 2G
    Weekly Starts
    Forwards: G(3) A(2), PIM(.5), SOG(.5), PPP(1), SHG(2)
    Goalies: A(3), GA(-1), PIM(.5), SV(.25), SHO(5), W(5)

Interesting categories.
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Just curious - anybody do these?
    They have $25, $50, and $100 buy-in.
    Pays out about 90% of what 12-teams put in.

H2H, with top four making playoffs.
    And I noticed it is "No Trades" - which is good, because I'm sure there are buddies in every pool that have some method of scamming things (probably still do - with "timely" add/drops.)
    my plate is really light so I was thinking about doing the 25$

weekly moves so not too much work

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Saw these leagues last season. Unfortunately, weekly moves make this a non-option for me. Borrrrrrrring.

Yahoo says their $$ Pro Leagues are coming back soon...whatever that means.
    Full Keeper: 10 Team (300 drafted), H2H, Daily, Y!
    Roster: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 10Reserve, 1IR
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backes, Toews, Couture, Scheifele, Horvat, Fabbri
    LW: Landeskog, Galchenyuk, Lucic, Palat
    RW: Kucherov, MacKinnon, Carter, Coyle, Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Klingberg, Josi, Shattenkirk, Ekman-Larsson, Phaneuf, Nurse, Ceci
    G: Holtby, Allen, Lack, Greiss, Enroth, Kuemper

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

well i just joined a $100 league because of this thread haha.

draft starts in 3 hours. not a fan of weekly starts but im in too many leagues so this might benefit me. also had about $500 sitting in fantrax treasurer from winnings so why not.

still one more person to join before we hit 12, and then i'm assuming the draft order will be set.

any advice? should i target a goalie early? Karlsson might be someone i want to take first round given the amount of D slots. and to clarify ive never been in a weekly start weighted category league so help me out dobberites

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

draft starts in 3 hours. not a fan of weekly starts but im in too many leagues so this might benefit me. also had about $500 sitting in fantrax treasurer from winnings so why not.

still one more person to join before we hit 12, and then i'm assuming the draft order will be set.

any advice? should i target a goalie early? Karlsson might be someone i want to take first round given the amount of D slots. and to clarify ive never been in a weekly start weighted category league so help me out dobberites
    Let me know how the draft goes, I am 99% sure I am going to join one.
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Master

big spender praba !

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post

Thanks for joining!
    I'm glad the forums have an insider in the leagues now!
    What's it like?
    Do people chatter?

Could you post a full round-by-round draft?
    I'm really curious to see the draft order.

People with money on the line - that should really be a good indicator of how player value works.
    The toughest part - was that I noticed it was "weighted scoring" - which means somebody absolutely needs either their own spreadsheet to weight... or FHG?

Did you use FHG?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks for joining!
    I'm glad the forums have an insider in the leagues now!
    What's it like?
    Do people chatter?

Could you post a full round-by-round draft?
    I'm really curious to see the draft order.

People with money on the line - that should really be a good indicator of how player value works.
    The toughest part - was that I noticed it was "weighted scoring" - which means somebody absolutely needs either their own spreadsheet to weight... or FHG?

Did you use FHG?
    it was pretty quiet. no one posted anything, it was just a straight draft. went by pretty quick as you only had 45 seconds per pick. total draft took 1.5 hours i believe.

i'll post the full draft tonight after work as its a bit tedious to copy and paste.

goalie rush was started pretty early...holtby went 3rd overall, price went 6th or 7th i believe. didnt seem to be any novice drafters, except one team who i think drafted mcdavid and eichel way too early, but i suppose he could end up looking like a genius.

i do however have a question, as i am pretty much a noob when it comes to weekly starts + weighted categories...

am i only allowed to pick my active roster for the week? i.e i cant use my reserves to swap them in on different days of the week? looking at fantrax it seems like i can just pick who i want to be active and that's that. so my reserve players dont really matter unless someone gets injured and i need to swap them in my matchup next week.

if that's the case, well there was one team who just went crazy drafting forwards. he was drafting his reserve F before he even touched his active D and G. seems like that guy might have lost the pool before we even started?

i really should have asked this before i drafted haha.

I actually just joined one of their leagues today, thanks to all this talk on the forums.

I would imagine have some extra F options on the bench is a good idea, it's not exactly the deepest league so matchups will come into play.
    I am not planning on drafting excess F before D or G though. I really like your D/G and I am going to try and do something similar.

I did notice that even some tier 2-3 goalies had somewhat respectable fantasy point values so maybe banking on a workhorse goalie, solid d and some quality F beats grabbing two G early.

Would really love to hear some different ideas and strategies on how guys would draft in this league, more than willing to share my winnings.
    Pengwin, wanna go 50/50 with me - I'll cover the startup haha, can we facetime the draft lol? I'm so serious haha
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    I actually just joined one of their leagues today, thanks to all this talk on the forums.

I would imagine have some extra F options on the bench is a good idea, it's not exactly the deepest league so matchups will come into play.
    I am not planning on drafting excess F before D or G though. I really like your D/G and I am going to try and do something similar.

I did notice that even some tier 2-3 goalies had somewhat respectable fantasy point values so maybe banking on a workhorse goalie, solid d and some quality F beats grabbing two G early.

Would really love to hear some different ideas and strategies on how guys would draft in this league, more than willing to share my winnings.
    Pengwin, wanna go 50/50 with me - I'll cover the startup haha, can we facetime the draft lol? I'm so serious haha

I don't want to invest any official money in any formal gaming - not worth the extra tax-prep hassle. (can you tell I've been burned in past)
    But I'll totally help you.

I have all of the key stats from last year.
    I just have to add the multipliers for each stat and come up with the totals.

As with any other league, you figure out what the waiver-wire player value is... and draft by relative difference.
    (I'm pretty sure this is how FHG works - we once discussed "Zero" placement several years ago)

I'll set it up and send it over to you later today.

I don't want to invest any official money in any formal gaming - not worth the extra tax-prep hassle. (can you tell I've been burned in past)
    But I'll totally help you.

I have all of the key stats from last year.
    I just have to add the multipliers for each stat and come up with the totals.

As with any other league, you figure out what the waiver-wire player value is... and draft by relative difference.
    (I'm pretty sure this is how FHG works - we once discussed "Zero" placement several years ago)

I'll set it up and send it over to you later today.
    Deal, my friends in Duluth will ship beer UPS GROUND or whatever method of shipping is preferred haha!
    Doing a couple mocks on fantrax to get used to the system, I've never even logged onto fantrax until now haha

What would be your quick overall plan, heavy D, heavy G, value F?
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

First step:
    Go into the league, click players, type out the totals that players are sorted by.
    I want to see how close they are to these:

590pts Price (MON) *Top Goalie
    475pts Ovechkin (WAS) *Top Forward
    350pts Karlsson (OTT) *Top Forward

Second:
    Count down to the "fringe" player at each position. (The last counting player -or- last likely "held" player)
    #24G from last year's stats (2 per team to be drafted/held)
    #72F from last year (5 starters per team, but 6 will be held by each team, probably not dropped)
    #48D from last year (3 starters per team, but 4 will be held by each team, probably not dropped)

I have:
    #24G @ approx. 325pts
    #72F @ approx. 265pts (mine are pro-rated for injured players, Fantrax should be much lower)
    #48D @ approx. 180pts (mine are pro-rated for injured players, Fantrax should be much lower)

That information... creates draft strategy.
    The absolute most key strategy is the "Weekly Lock"... you can't invest in time-share goalies in this league.
    You gotta have a bonafide #1 workhorse for both 2G slots.

So, when deciding on a player, it's all straight subtraction (relative difference)

590pt Price is a +265 on the fringe (325pt) goalie.
    475pt Ovechkin is a +210 on the fringe (265pt) forward.
    350pt Karlsson is a +170 on the fringe (180pt) defenseman.

That said...
    The higher-end forwards drop-off VERY fast.

The Fantrax list usually can also be sorted by "Point-Per-Game".
    The value is in the defensemen... drafting them for relative difference... even though they sort "lower".

A good team is going to value-draft high relative-value D-men as late as possible.

Starting goalies is absolutely critical this year.
    With all the time-shares in the NHL (CGY, DAL, DET, STL, WPG, SJ) and several just pure junk teams (CAR, TOR, BUF, ARI)... that leaves 20 solid NHL #1s.
    You MUST get two of those goalies.

I would imagine that several of these $$$ guys have joined EVERY league.
    Thus, getting your hands on PRABA's round-by-round list could be VERY helpful.
    If possible, we should see if we can get a GM-list from praba.

As I mentioned in another thread yesterday, fantasy hockey is still a small (niche) cult group.
    There will be the same BIG players over-and-over.
    If you have a draft list that they were... you can also be able to predict their draft tendencies... and this will help your reach/side decisions!!!

Between praba/you... there might be some "Intangibles" value we can work in.

Based on last season's stats.
    Price - 595.75
    Ovechkin - 475.5
    Karlsson - 350

24G - Smith 333
    72F - Oshie 248
    48D - Niskanen 158

Would be great to see the complete draft list from praba, I can see which GM's are in my league right now, won't know the draft order just yet.
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

let me know if this works