Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2015/16 DobberHockey Experts League!

The Wolverine

Default Re: 2015/16 DobberHockey Experts League!

How's this league going? Can you provide a standings update?

Administrator

Rank Team Points Pts Change Pts Back Waiver Moves
    1 HolyPuck 89.5 0.5 - 7 4
    2 The Comish 87 -0.5 2.5 11 4
    3 Top 10 finish 81.5 2.5 8 4 4
    4 Last Resort 80.5 2.5 9 3 5
    5 Laying the Law 67.5 -0.5 22 6 2
    6 rizzeedizzee's Team 63 3.5 26.5 10 2
    7 LeBlanc's Legion 62 -3.5 27.5 9 2
    8 The Goods 57 1 32.5 8 4
    9 Sat. Night Special 50.5 -0.5 39 2 -
    10 Edler's Mind Tricks 50 -1 39.5 12 7
    11 Daoust Dynasty 49.5 -3.5 40 13 9
    12 5 For Fighting 45.5 0 44 1 -
    13 Contra Dictions 35.5 -0.5 54 5 5

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thanks Eric! I had saved the standings after 31 Oct and had started working on a write-up, but life got very busy and I still haven't finished.

I was going to comment on some of the better free agent acquisitions:

Daoust Dynasty snapped up Vincent Trocheck Fla on 12 Oct. Edler's Mind Tricks pick up of Travis Zajac NJ is looking good after only 10 days. Last Resort's timely claim on Mike Condon Mtl, a.k.a. Carey Price 2.0 has him smiling. All those were good, but the real star of the free agent waiver wire so far has been The Goods, who swiped Colton Parayko Stl and (Kings of) Leon Draisaitl Edm. Those are some pretty good reheats.

On a personal note, I'm not sure that anyone should be giving up on one category this early, but if the points in each of my categories were figure skating scores, my plus/minus would be from the Russian judge. My team is dead last in plus/minus at minus-36. The next worst team is at minus-25 and the top team is at a lofty plus-49. I even took plus/minus into consideration at the draft, snagging André Palat (+31 last year), Mister Garrison (+27), Stephen Stepan (+26), Taylor Toffoli (+25), Hamper Lindholm (+25), Kelvin Klein (+24) and Marek Stone (+21). Now, I fully realized that those guys may not repeat those huge numbers, but I thought my team wouldn't have to worry about the plus/minus category at all, even if I was middle of the pack. Stunning.

How Top 10 finish is third overall with Freddy Andersen, Robin Lehner, Cam Talbot and now Reto Berra as his goaltending is amazing.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

I should have waited to post. I am having a good day!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks for the update!
    Oct/Nov standings are usually too early, but I enjoy seeing them!
    Lots of time for your teams to rise - you guys did some good drafting.

The Wolverine

Although it's still early, looking at the top teams so far and I'm liking temek (Last Resort) as a title contender.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    How Top 10 finish is third overall with Freddy Andersen, Robin Lehner, Cam Talbot and now Reto Berra as his goaltending is amazing.
    Ugh. I hate looking at my goalies. I wasn't too worried about my goalies before the season since we only include wins, GAA and saves. I'm middle of the pack in the later two categories, but they just can't get wins.

I have been lucky. Gallagher is ranked eighth in our pool. Hall is third. Klingberg is 11th. Pacioretty is 12th. So I have a few overachievers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Ugh. I hate looking at my goalies. I wasn't too worried about my goalies before the season since we only include wins, GAA and saves. I'm middle of the pack in the later two categories, but they just can't get wins.

I have been lucky. Gallagher is ranked eighth in our pool. Hall is third. Klingberg is 11th. Pacioretty is 12th. So I have a few overachievers.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Rank Team Points Pts Change Pts Back Waiver Moves
    1 Last Resort 92.5 6.5 - 3 5
    2 HolyPuck 89.5 -3 3 9 6
    3 Top 10 finish 77 1.5 15.5 11 5
    4 The Comish 75 0.5 17.5 10 9
    5 Daoust Dynasty 73.5 3 19 12 13
    6 LeBlanc's Legion 69.5 -4 23 6 2
    6 Laying the Law 69.5 1 23 5 2
    8 The Goods 64 -2 28.5 13 7
    9 rizzeedizzee's Team 57 -1.5 35.5 7 2
    10 Edler's Mind Tricks 49 6 43.5 8 7
    11 5 For Fighting 39 -1 53.5 1 -
    12 Sat. Night Special 32.5 -6 60 2 -
    13 Contra Dictions 31 -1 61.5 4 5

The Wolverine

Thanks for the update. Temek doing what I expected.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Kind of sucks that two GMs (Sat.Night.Special & 5 For Fighting) have gone AWOL.
    I thought SNS had a good drafted team, but he hasn't been on since Nov.3rd and has left Pat Kane on his damn bench that whole time. (That's a disgrace, IMO)
    He's got a top five SOG/gp team, high + team, all with Pat Kane on his bench since Nov.3rd.
    I guarantee any partially-active GM would have that team top five (prob top three) with a few spot-goalie-acqs.

5F5 hasn't been on since Oct.

Temek's lead is actually pretty massive upon inspection.
    He's tracking about 40-50 skater games back of the teams in 2nd/3rd/4th.
    That's a lot of eventual offensive cat-jumping.
    [Gotta give him credit for targeting Neal, Palmieri, and Panarin in several of his leagues. Spezza & Suter were also great value... and obv, Condon/Greiss are beauty goalie-risers to own.)

I'd say Comish & Daoust have the best (long-shot) chances to reel him in.
    Both will need to fix their dismal +/-... not a criticism, I'm having troubles with this in my leagues too (giroux, voracek, letang killing me)...
    Comish really isn't getting adequate per-game production from his skaters though.
    And Daoust has a really terrible goalie-win-rate (I'm a RAMO holder as well... good lord it's been a frustrating season for CGY goalie holders).

Going forward, if Vegas put a spread on Temek vs. Field, I'm putting my bank account on Temek.

Pengs' forward final top three:
    1. Temek
    2. Daoust
    3. Comish

Administrator

I was in 11th three weeks ago so pretty happy with the turnaround. Definitely trending up!

Getting Boedker, Stempniak, Trocheck, Colin Miller and Ghost off the wire has helped tremendously.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I thought SNS had a good drafted team, but he hasn't been on since Nov.3rd and has left Pat Kane on his damn bench that whole time. (That's a disgrace, IMO)
    He's got a top five SOG/gp team, high + team, all with Pat Kane on his bench since Nov.3rd.
    I guarantee any partially-active GM would have that team top five (prob top three) with a few spot-goalie-acqs.

[Gotta give him credit for targeting Neal, Palmieri, and Panarin in several of his leagues. Spezza & Suter were also great value... and obv, Condon/Greiss are beauty goalie-risers to own.)

Both will need to fix their dismal +/-... not a criticism, I'm having troubles with this in my leagues too (giroux, voracek, letang killing me)...
    Comish really isn't getting adequate per-game production from his skaters though.
    And Daoust has a really terrible goalie-win-rate (I'm a RAMO holder as well... good lord it's been a frustrating season for CGY goalie holders).

Going forward, if Vegas put a spread on Temek vs. Field, I'm putting my bank account on Temek.

1. Temek
    2. Daoust
    3. Comish
    Wow, inactive managers already?! That's disappointing.

I agree with your prediction. It's Temek's to lose, not because there aren't other quality managers, but I've seen first hand how good he is at managing his team, and only injuries could derail things.

However, it is a long season so would be interesting to see who can challenge him and make it an exciting race in the second half.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

1. Temek
    2. Daoust
    3. Comish
    Actually Zach (5 for Fighting) has a good reason for not checking his team. He recently revealed that his 20-month-old daughter passed away in November. As the father of two young kids myself, I don't know what I would do if I were put into that position. But I do know that some things are more important than fantasy hockey. We might question why people never check their teams, but we don't always know the reasons behind it.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Administrator

I have come to the conclusion that I cannot do waivers. I have missed the past five deadlines, maybe more. Crushing me.

What really hurts, however, and I've come to accept it, is that I totally whiffed on repeating last year's winning strategy. My goalies are simply too weak for this league.

Bishop has been the stud I projected but I was too focused on getting "value" that I punted on all of my other picks. My only really good move so far was snagging Nilsson off the waiver wire, which I somehow got my shit together to pull off.

Johansen and Parise in rnds 3+4 were crippling picks, not nearly good enough to replace what I might have gotten out of a stud goalie like Andersen or Schneider or Luongo.

File this one away under lessons learned.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

I also whiffed on waiting for goalies. Bobrovsky/Mason/Ramo were each the standout best goalie left with a huge drop-off to the next guy at the time they were picked. I went from thinking I was clever to being in 11th place.