Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015/16 DobberHockey Experts League!

The Great One

Default Re: 2015/16 DobberHockey Experts League!

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Why did Getzlaf slip to 36th???
    This is reassuring, as Getzlaf was one of several picks where I was left scrambling due to the astute Mr. Daoust.

Seeing all the rosters now I feel like Eric is still the class of the field.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Nice draft. Good to see you guys got 13.
    The teams that have the most similar players & draft styles to my own are:
    *Saturday Night Special
    *The Comish
    *Last Resort

These would be my picks for top three.
    Good luck, keep it public if you can.

The other three Dobber leagues go Monday (Norris), Tuesday (Smythe), Wednesday (PRO-Campbell).
    All are also 13 team leagues, so it should be fun to combine draft results and do ADP analysis to see which players fell or were coveted in different drafts.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Nice draft. Good to see you guys got 13.
    The teams that have the most similar players & draft styles to my own are:
    *Saturday Night Special
    *The Comish
    *Last Resort

These would be my picks for top three.
    Good luck, keep it public if you can.
    This gives me hope - you tabbed me for victory last season and I finished 5th......

But seriously, if you have time to expand on your reasoning I'd be curious to hear your thoughts, as I'm sure others would be.

In taking a second look at Last Resort, they strike me as quite solid as well. I'll tab them as my 1B favorite to Eric's 1A.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

re: Saturday Night Special.
    Ovechkin is actually so far ahead as the #1 player in this format - that he almost should be removed (as Gretzky once was from box "points" pools).
    Based on Yahoo! algorith, with HIT in for PIM, this is what I have for last year's category scores:

320.18 Ovechkin
    244.68 Tavares
    240.79 Giroux
    237.83 Byfuglien
    273.73 Pacioretty
    237.27 Pavelski
    236.80 Benn
    236.64 Foligno
    234.61 Crosby
    229.38 Karlsson
    227.37 Seguin (inj)
    *It's going to be a little annoying for somebody with the #1 pick to hear this... but... if you have the #1 pick & Ovechkin somewhat repeats his year... then you should be a top 3 team as long as you simply don't fugg up your draft.
    I actually like the top half of SNS picks - so he'll be there.

I also don't believe a team needs goalies early to compete.
    If you look at my RHRS roto draft (12-teams), I waited until Round 14/15/16 to get a goalie and went Hiller/Mrazek/Pavelec with my three picks.
    [And I've done this before, last year in RHRS I waited until round 10... finished 2nd in league.]
    SNS waited until round 10 and went Pavelec/Lehtonen/Mrazek.
    I've been pumping "value-drafting" of the DAL/DET/WPG/CGY/SJ tandems - and he's the only team that took this route.
    I don't know who "SNS" is... but I'd almost say he read my RHRS manifesto and copied it to some degree. (or we just have similar minds)

re: The Comish
    If there is a GP max, I think this team will have best W/gp ratio, so that's MAX in that category - I don't even need to look at any other team's goalies.
    I think NYR is the best team in the NHL and that MIN may win the West.
    GAA is going to be SUPERB because NYR/MIN/STL all have superb team defenses.
    My only concern is that when team defense is high, it means SOGA is low... and I sort of hate "SV"... because you get penalized when you take goalies on teams that don't give up shots against.
    I think Comish will rake a 12(W)-11(GAA)-7(SV) in goalie cats - which will be best in league.

He's gonna do really good in G,SOG,HITS, top 5 finish in all.
    He'll struggle in PPP & A, but I think each team (in a competitive league like this) will finish bottom half in at least one or two cats.

re: Last Resort
    temek/Teemu is simply, from-what-I've-seen, the smartest fantasy hockey mind on the forums.
    His draft preparation is top shelf, his in-season management is excellent.
    You guys may not have pooled with him, but I haven't seen him finish lower than top three in any league - check his record.

Specifically, as a league you should be shaming yourself for letting Spezza & Hossa slip so far. Tsk, tsk.
    That's value that you guys just let fall in his lap.
    I actually don't think his first 6 rounds were that impressive, but he turned it on after that.
    [Though, Rask, in a "SV" league is a nice snipe because the crappy Bruins D + Rask's SV% means a lot of SV... and Boston is still gonna win some games and Rask may start 70+.]
    Marko Dano (I shouldn't post this publicly yet, but whatever) is a gonna be an enormous value-snipe, I believe.
    If his team stays healthy (Malkin, Letang, Datsyuk, Chara), he'll be top three... even I think that's a bit of too much injury risk though.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Nice draft guys! Other than being logged in and out every minute for the first half an hour I think it went pretty smoothly.

It's such a mental change for me playing in a one year league. All my other leagues are dynasty style and capped, so it was an interesting experiment to see how much different the mindset is. Felt like I was chasing a bit, got caught at the end of the 2nd round goalie run, but ended up getting Schneider who in a saves league could be beneficial (although as it was pointed out, its a wins league also). Ended up going with the SJ goalie tandem for the reason Pengwin posted above.

Got sniped on a few guys just in front of me, mainly Wheeler and Doughty in Round 5, Kane in Round 7, Hossa and Dubi in Round 10, and Seth Jones in Round 19.

After looking it over, I think Steve has the best roster to start.
    DobberProspects Writer: The Journey, Follow @kleblanchockey

WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)

Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Cleveland Barons
    C(3): Kopitar, Brassard, J.Staal
    LW(3): Schwartz, Ladd, Skinner
    RW(3): Frolik, Michalek, Wingels
    F(3): Michalek, Josefson, Tlusty
    D(6): Ekblad, Maatta, Niskanen, Garrison, Emelin, Clendening Marincin
    G(1): Holtby, Ortio
    Bench: R.Nash(C), Brodziak(C), Bellemarre(C), JT Brown (RW), Marincin(D)

Prospects(10):
    F: Larkin (C), Petan (C), W.Karlsson (C), C.White (C), Bracco (RW), Compher (LW)
    D: Honka, Manning, Tennyson
    G: Desrosiers

Dobber Sports Guru

I went in with a simple strategy. High shot goal-scoring guys early, goalies after the goalie run and peripheral categories late.

First four picks were Stamkos (who fell to me at 11th), Perry, Hall and Pacioretty. Then Carlson. At this point, I wanted goalies who would be guaranteed number ones, and most of the goalie run was done. So went Andersen, Duchene and Talbot. Then it was picks on who I thought would do well, and around 17th round, started picking up guys who could get hits and contribute in another category. So Bogosian, Giardi, and Brown.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Last Resort

C Spezza, A.Lee, Dano, Koivu,
    LW Datsyuk, Schwartz, Neal, OPEN(wait for A.Lee/Dano to get LW)
    RW Malkin, Hornqvist, Hossa, Palmieri
    D Weber, Letang, Chara, Suter, Edler, Stone
    G Rask, Luongo
    BN Darling, Gudas, Hanzal, Desharnais, Vasilevski, Panarin

Drafting from #9 spot which is okay I guess. Would have preferred to be little closer to the middle, but I am fairly happy with that as it's still relatively in the middle and likely puts me in the spot to get Rask in the 2nd round at good spot.

1. (9) Evgeni Malkin (Pit - C,RW)

I was hoping Steve would pass on Karlsson at 3 so I could get him, but didn't happen. I really wanted Giroux/maybe Price after that, but just missed on both of those so I was flipping between Byfuglien/Malkin and went with Malkin after some consideration.

2. (18) Tuukka Rask (Bos - G)

Happy to get Rask here as the 5th G taken.

3. (35) Shea Weber (Nsh - D)

I was hoping to get Couture or Burns here, but both went so had to resort to the backup plan in Weber.

4. (44) Kris Letang (Pit - D)

I wanted Pacioretty here, but he went just 2 picks before so I had to resort to the secondary option. I had three about equal choices in mind with Schneider, Parise and Letang. Decided to wait on goalies as Schneider+Rask duo would likely have placed me fairly low on W so went with Letang. We'll see how that decision turns out as Letang is pretty high injury risk.

5. (61) Roberto Luongo (Fla - G)

Luongo was available and decided to pick him. Andersen was also available and might have been better choice here to better complement Rask with high amount of wins.

6. (70) Pavel Datsyuk (Det - C,LW)

I really wanted LW so went with the best available in Datsyuk. E.Kane was also an option, but wanted to go with more scoring-oriented player. Is injured, but I am not projecting more than 60 GP anyway.

7. (87) Patric Hornqvist (Pit - RW)

Very happy to get Hornqvist and I think many are sleeping on him a bit after injuries last season and Kessel stealing the headlines.

8. (96) James Neal (Nsh - LW,RW)

Really good value pick in my opinion as I expect Neal to bounce back a little as I think he was extremely unlucky at the PP last season.

9. (113) Jaden Schwartz (StL - LW)

Selected the best winger available in Schwartz, not really that good of a multicat player, but should post good pts totals and likely have good +/- as well. Also considered Spezza, Vatanen and Hossa here.

10. (122) Marian Hossa (Chi - RW)

Hossa was still available and I think he's another very good value pick at this spot.

11. (139) Jason Spezza (Dal - C)

I was happy to get Spezza at 108 in RHRS so getting him at pick 139 here makes me very happy.

12. (148) Anders Lee (NYI - C)

One of my breakthrough picks and could be especially good pick if/when gets LW eligibility as isn't really a center. Really good SOG totals combined with good hit totals and not a bad scorer either.

13. (165) Zdeno Chara (Bos - D)

Best D available, I expect Chara to bounce back somewhat to low 30s production with the usual good peripherals.

14. (174) Ryan Suter (Min - D)

Not a player I typically select as Suter isn't a particularly good multicat contributor, but I was happy to get some solid scoring from D this late in the draft.

15. (191) Marko Dano (Chi - C)

Another of my breakthrough picks as showed signs of future multicat monster last season. Is a pretty big hitter and SOG totals were really good too so could be pretty solid pick even if gets just about 40 pts. If actually breaks through and gets W eligibility(quite likely) and hits 50-60 pts, would probably be the best value pick in the whole draft.

16. (200) Kyle Palmieri (NJ - LW,RW)

One of my pre-planned value picks and I expect Palmieri to get 1st line icetime in NJ and produce solid numbers.

17. (217) Alexander Edler (Van - D)

I wanted another D and Edler has nearly always produced solid all-around numbers.

18. (226) Scott Darling (Chi - G)

Had only 2 starting goalies so time to get some quality backups to reach 164 GP and Darling tops my backup list.

19. (243) Mikko Koivu (Min - C)

Koivu had a really poor season last time around, but I don't think he should have dropped quite this far. I still needed 1-2 centers anyway with Dano/A.Lee likely getting wing eligibility at some point so went with Koivu.

20. (252) Michael Stone (Ari - D)

Good hitter and should also post solid all-around numbers in SOG, PPP while scoring around 30 pts so I am expecting him to be a good depth D.

21. (269) Martin Hanzal (Ari - C)

Another of my yearly favorites in Hanzal was still available so went with him as I could use some help in hits and might have another C spot open if both Dano/A.Lee move to the wing.

22. (278) David Desharnais (Mon - C)
    23. (295) Andrei Vasilevskiy (TB - G)
    24. (304) Artemi Panarin (Chi - LW)
    25. (321) Radko Gudas (Phi - D)

Just some late filler picks to round out the roster, quality backup in Vasilevski, okay depth C in Desharnais, one-category wonder in Gudas if that's needed and potential sleeper pick in Panarin.

All in all I am really happy with the team and got some of the players a lot later than I was expecting, especially Neal, Hossa, Spezza, Suter, Koivu, A.Lee and Hanzal. Selected few injury prone players though so that could be downfall of the team, but we'll see about that.

From the other teams I like The Comish, Sat. Night Special and rizzeedizzee's best although most of the teams are pretty close.
    Last edited by temek; October 1, 2015 at 7:20 PM.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by temek View Post
    Last Resort

From the other teams I like The Comish, Sat. Night Special and rizzeedizzee's best although most of the teams are pretty close.
    Coming from you this is high praise. I only wish I didn't pick right after you and Eric every other round.

The guys you grabbed that were on my short list for the pick I had immediately after you were Datsyuk (I wanted him in round seven and figured he might get there because of concern about missed early time), Schwartz (he actually had the 20th best points per game scoring rate last season among those who played in 75+ games, and nothing we've seen suggests he's hit his ceiling yet - definitely 70-75 point potential for this season), Spezza (even with the drag on hits he's still - as you said - a top 100ish guy in this format), and Stone (I figured I could get him in 23 or 24, what with his Yahoo ranking being so low - he could easily end the season as a top 200 player in this format).
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Here's the story behind the story for my picks. I was slotted 10th - not great, not terrible.

1. (10) P.K. Subban (Mon - D)

Like temek, I wanted either Giroux or Price, but no go. In this format, Subban is a true benefit to each category, to the point where I felt the value I could get from him versus a forward was too great. And I knew I didn't need to go goalie given that I was picking again so soon.

2. (17) Braden Holtby (Was - G)

I tossed around the idea of Quick, but I feel like he coasts a bit through the regular season these days, or Lundqvist, but worried about mileage. To me, Holtby has turned the corner and should give me great individual stats plus reap the benefit of playing for a team with enough firepower to prevent him from being on the wrong side of 1-0 or 2-1 games.

3. (36) Ryan Getzlaf (Anh - C)

I didn't love this pick, as taking a pure center this early is not my preference. I wanted Bobrovsky, who was grabbed two picks earlier. But I figured I can't hurt my team by taking Getzlaf here, what with 100 hits to boot. I did kick myself a bit to realize I overlooked Hall, who was astutely grabbed right after me.

4. (43) Jaroslav Halak (NYI - G)

I knew that a goalie at this pick wasn't the best value, but the only guy I wanted who wasn't tier 1ish caliber was Steve Mason, but I had no idea where he'd go and if I guessed wrong I'd be in a bad spot. So I looked at the list of who was left and narrowed it down to Halak or Schneider, before opting for the safer bet in Halak. It did make me feel a bit better to see Schneider go just a few picks later as the next goalie selected.

5. (62) Roman Josi (Nsh - D)

I think there's a very real chance that Josi is one of only three d-men to finish with 60+ points this season, and considering only 11 had 50+ last season that makes Josi elite enough to grab this early, not to mention his solid periperhals.

6. (69) Wayne Simmonds (Phi - LW,RW)

There were only four players not named Alex Ovechkin who scored more than 25 goals and had more than 150 hits last season. Backes, to me, is overvalued and at risk of a big decline, so that left Nick Foligno, Wayne Simmonds, and Scott Hartnell. Foligno went before I even took Josi, which, to me, meant Simmonds - who's such a great PP guy as well - was the right selection here. But maybe I overshot, as I was able to get Hartnell four rounds later and Milan Lucic didn't go until round 8. Oh well - I won't lose too much sleep over it.

7. (88) Jiri Hudler (Cgy - LW,RW)

I didn't have enough scoring forwards, so I decided in the next two rounds to look for points, plain and simple. Hudler is of course terrible in Hits and no picnic in PPP, but his shots were decent and I can't see him slipping below 70.

8. (95) Radim Vrbata (Van - RW)

Great shots and pretty much the only guy on the entire Canucks team who scores. I think he could sleepwalk to another 30G, 30A, 250SOG season.

9. (114) Bryan Little (Wpg - C,RW)

I was a bit stuck on what direction to go after Schwartz was snagged from my grasp. The emergence of Scheifele hurts Little, but his 52 points last season was a bit of a mirage, since they came in only 70 games, which means he still produced at a 60 point clip. Even still, looking at the guys grabbed right after this pick (Klingberg, Staal, Ryan), I might not have made the best value pick here.

10. (121) Scott Hartnell (Cls - LW)

See above, although this morning's talk of him possibly sliding to the third line has me a bit worried....

11. (140) Andrei Markov (Mon - D)
    12. (147) Jake Muzzin (LA - D)

I like going into drafts like these (25 or so rounds, 6D starting) aiming for two defensemen in the first ten picks, and two more by round 15. More, and you leave value on the table, fewer and you get left with scraps. I wanted to go scoring guy and overall value guy, which I did here. Markov a full two rounds later than Streit seems like excellent value, while I believe Muzzin is every bit as solid as Vatanen, who went a round earlier and we have to remember had insane luck on the Anaheim PP early last season to the point where it makes him look better than he really is.

13. (166) Evgeny Kuznetsov (Was - C,LW)

I only ever focus on forward positions when I get to the halfway point in the draft. I think others let it dictate their strategy too early. It turned out that I was in decent shape, but I still wanted to get at least a couple of additional multi-positional guys right around here, so I went digging. Kuznetsov was intriguing since he's a good feast or famine guy where if he does well, I think it'll be REALLY well, while if he doesn't then I can put him on my bench or even make him a candidate to drop.

14. (173) Aleksander Barkov (Fla - C)

Not only did Barkov finish last season with 15 points in 20 games, but he had terrible luck on the PP, to the point where he should've had another 5 for the season. I like him for 55 this year, with decent goal totals and an upped shot rate.

15. (192) Johan Franzen (Det - LW,RW)

Yes he gets hurt all the time, but when he's not hurt he produces. Plus, when he gets hurt it's not bumps and bruises type of stuff that sees him go in and out of the line-up, and given that we have two IR slots it's safe to carry a guy like this.

16. (199) Mikael Granlund (Min - C)

This was a grit your teeth and hope pick, as I honestly worry if Granlund can truly turn a corner. But what's nice is Koivu has definitely lost a step so Minny has pretty much no choice but to keep Granlund in the 1A role. And looking at who was picked in the rest of round 16, I think it was a solid pick.

17. (218) Marek Zidlicky (Det - D)

Say what you want about Leddy and Boychuk, but neither of them are PP QBs. And although Zidlicky is a fossil, he was signed to an incentive-laden deal and even the band-aid boy that was Visnovsky managed 20 points in 53 games for the Isles last season. I think 35 points and 10-15 PPP is very plausible.

18. (225) Drew Stafford (Wpg - LW,RW)

Here's another area where I was sniped (I wanted Lehtera), and nothing else jumped to mind. So I figured that dual position status and top six status for Stafford justified grabbing him at this pick. And yet again nothing among the next 10-15 picks convinces me it was a bad grab.

19. (244) Adam Larsson (NJ - D)

Probably my worst pick. Not indefensible, but just not wise. I honestly wanted Derrick Pouliot or Tomas Hertl, but they got grabbed, so I went with Larsson and the hope that his last couple of months were for real.

20. (251) Alex Killorn (TB - C,LW)
    21. (270) Alex Tanguay (Col - LW,RW)

At this point in the draft, I try to get good "plug in" guys - ones who can guarantee me a point every other game but maybe even more, plus who have multi-positional eligibility. I couldn't resist Kilorn here after his playoff performance. If we know one thing about Stamkos, it's that if a player clicks with him they end up being handcuffed together. I guess it all depends on how Drouin's audition goes on that line. But if Kilorn ends up a third line casualty, then no worries - I'll just make him an early drop. The low shots total for Tanguay is painful, but he figures to be a 50 point guy - fine to plug into the line-up.

One regret is missing out on Boone Jenner - he figures to get eligibility at other positions and could be a top 150 player if he lands in the top six and stays healthy.

22. (277) Antti Raanta (NYR - G)

If one of my goalies gets hurt for 2-3 weeks, bingo - Raanta gets me one start per week and probably puts up tier 1 type numbers in that start. And if Lundqvist gets hurt, then I luck into what Talbot provided last season.

23. (296) Oscar Klefbom (Edm - D)

I wanted Cody Ceci or Nikita Zadorov, but they were snagged right before me, so I went with the big new deal. Even if he produces just 25-30 points that could be a decent injury plug in.

24. (303) Artem Anisimov (Chi - C,LW)

He'll get a look with Kane, and if he stays there I'm plenty happy with the pick.

25. (322) Jacob Markstrom (Van - G)

I love goalies as final picks and to have 4 netminders in a league like this. With Vancouver in a rebuild, he could well drive Miller out of town by Xmas.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Padawan

The first draft in my life where I grabbed both Sedins. Daniel at #67 and Henrik at #119. I knew no one would be reaching for them, but I thought they were two of my more interesting picks. Needless to say, I'll be looking to other players to help me in the hits category.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Ace

Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Here are the round by round results from the Dobberhockey Experts draft tonight:

Round 1

1. Alex Ovechkin (Was - LW,RW) Sat. Night Special
    2. Sidney Crosby (Pit - C) 5 For Fighting
    3. Erik Karlsson (Ott - D) Laying the Law
    4. Jamie Benn (Dal - LW) HolyPuck
    5. John Tavares (NYI - C) LeBlanc's Legion
    6. Tyler Seguin (Dal - C,RW) The Comish
    7. Carey Price (Mon - G) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Claude Giroux (Phi - C,RW) Daoust Dynasty
    9. Evgeni Malkin (Pit - C,RW) Last Resort
    10. P.K. Subban (Mon - D) rizzeedizzee
    11. Steven Stamkos (TB - C) Top 10 finish
    12. Phil Kessel (Pit - RW) The Goods
    13. Jakub Voracek (Phi - RW) Contra Dictions - not a "bad" pick as much as perhaps a bit early considering where Buff and Tarasenko went

Round 2

1. Connor McDavid (Edm - C) Contra Dictions
    2. Pekka Rinne (Nsh - G) The Goods
    3. Corey Perry (Anh - RW) Top 10 finish
    4. Braden Holtby (Was - G) rizzeedizzee
    5. Tuukka Rask (Bos - G) Last Resort
    6. Dustin Byfuglien (Wpg - RW,D) Daoust Dynasty
    7. Jonathan Quick (LA - G) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Henrik Lundqvist (NYR - G) The Comish
    9. Vladimir Tarasenko (StL - RW) LeBlanc's Legion
    10. Marc-Andre Fleury (Pit - G) HolyPuck
    11. Ben Bishop (TB - G) Laying the Law
    12. Jonathan Toews (Chi - C) 5 For Fighting - No shot at 75 points, terrible hits, and not super PPP; I'd honestly not have taken him until round 4 or 5 in this format
    13. Patrick Kane (Chi - C,RW) Sat. Night Special

Round 3

1. Rick Nash (NYR - LW,RW) Sat. Night Special
    2. Joe Pavelski (SJ - C,LW) 5 For Fighting
    3. Ryan Johansen (Cls - C,RW) Laying the Law
    4. Brent Burns (SJ - RW,D) HolyPuck
    5. Logan Couture (SJ - C,LW) LeBlanc's Legion
    6. Devan Dubnyk (Min - G) The Comish
    7. Oliver Ekman-Larsson (Ari - D) Elder's Mind Tricks - If he was on another team, maybe; but there's just no path to him getting >45 points, and that hurts his value too much
    8. Sergei Bobrovsky (Cls - G) Daoust Dynasty
    9. Shea Weber (Nsh - D) Last Resort
    10. Ryan Getzlaf (Anh - C) rizzeedizzee
    11. Taylor Hall (Edm - C,LW) Top 10 finish
    12. Anze Kopitar (LA - C) The Goods
    13. Nathan MacKinnon (Col - C,RW) Contra Dictions

Round 4

1. Jordan Eberle (Edm - RW) Contra Dictions
    2. Kevin Shattenkirk (StL - D) The Goods
    3. Max Pacioretty (Mon - LW) Top 10 finish
    4. Jaroslav Halak (NYI - G) rizzeedizzee - Although Halak will do fine, it was too early to start the 1B goalie run
    5. Kris Letang (Pit - D) Last Resort
    6. Nicklas Backstrom (Was - C) Daoust Dynasty
    7. David Backes (StL - C,RW) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Gabriel Landeskog (Col - LW) The Comish
    9. Cory Schneider (NJ - G) LeBlanc's Legion
    10. Nikita Kucherov (TB - RW) HolyPuck
    11. Zach Parise (Min - LW) Laying the Law
    12. Mark Giordano (Cgy - D) 5 For Fighting
    13. Henrik Zetterberg (Det - C,LW) Sat. Night Special

Round 5

1. Tyler Johnson (TB - C) Sat. Night Special
    2. Corey Crawford (Chi - G) 5 For Fighting
    3. Drew Doughty (LA - D) Laying the Law
    4. Blake Wheeler (Wpg - RW) HolyPuck
    5. Victor Hedman (TB - D) LeBlanc's Legion
    6. Nick Foligno (Cls - C,LW) The Comish
    7. Keith Yandle (NYR - D) Elder's Mind Tricks - he's a round peg trying to fit into New York's square hole; he was FIFTH in d-man ice time in the playoffs.....
    8. Filip Forsberg (Nsh - C,RW) Daoust Dynasty
    9. Roberto Luongo (Fla - G) Last Resort
    10. Roman Josi (Nsh - D) rizzeedizzee
    11. John Carlson (Was - D) Top 10 finish
    12. Andrew Ladd (Wpg - LW) The Goods
    13. Alex Pietrangelo (StL - D) Contra Dictions

Round 6

1. Duncan Keith (Chi - D) Contra Dictions
    2. Daniel Sedin (Van - LW) The Goods
    3. Frederik Andersen (Anh - G) Top 10 finish
    4. Wayne Simmonds (Phi - LW,RW) rizzeedizzee
    5. Pavel Datsyuk (Det - C,LW) Last Resort
    6. Steve Mason (Phi - G) Daoust Dynasty
    7. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (Edm - C) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Dougie Hamilton (Cgy - D) The Comish - If he was still on the Bs, maybe.....
    9. Semyon Varlamov (Col - G) LeBlanc's Legion
    10. Craig Anderson (Ott - G) HolyPuck
    11. Jeff Carter (LA - C,RW) Laying the Law
    12. Ryan Miller (Van - G) 5 For Fighting
    13. James van Riemsdyk (Tor - LW) Sat. Night Special

Round 7

1. Alexander Steen (StL - C,LW) Sat. Night Special
    2. Johnny Gaudreau (Cgy - LW) 5 For Fighting
    3. Evander Kane (Buf - LW) Laying the Law
    4. Patrick Sharp (Dal - C,LW) HolyPuck
    5. Tomas Tatar (Det - LW,RW) LeBlanc's Legion
    6. Ondrej Palat (TB - LW) The Comish
    7. Patrick Marleau (SJ - C,LW) Elder's Mind Tricks - not a bad pick in terms of what he'll end up with, but if you look at what went the next two rounds this was too early
    8. Justin Faulk (Car - D) Daoust Dynasty
    9. Patric Hornqvist (Pit - RW) Last Resort
    10. Jiri Hudler (Cgy - LW,RW) rizzeedizzee
    11. Matt Duchene (Col - C,LW) Top 10 finish
    12. Tyson Barrie (Col - D) The Goods
    13. Jonas Hiller (Cgy - G) Contra Dictions

Round 8

1. Aaron Ekblad (Fla - D) Contra Dictions
    2. Jake Allen (StL - G) The Goods
    3. Cam Talbot (Edm - G) Top 10 finish
    4. Radim Vrbata (Van - RW) rizzeedizzee
    5. James Neal (Nsh - LW,RW) Last Resort
    6. Milan Lucic (LA - LW) Daoust Dynasty
    7. Jack Johnson (Cls - D) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Brian Elliott (StL - G) The Comish
    9. Patrice Bergeron (Bos - C) LeBlanc's Legion - no "bad" picks this round, but Bergeron's PPP have been waning and he's maybe 50/50 to even get 60 points these days
    10. Kyle Okposo (NYI - RW) HolyPuck
    11. Jack Eichel (Buf - C) Laying the Law
    12. Gustav Nyquist (Det - C,LW,RW) 5 For Fighting
    13. Kyle Turris (Ott - C) Sat. Night Special

Round 9

1. T.J. Oshie (Was - C,RW) Sat. Night Special
    2. Ryan Kesler (Anh - C,RW) 5 For Fighting
    3. Mike Green (Det - D) Laying the Law
    4. Mark Streit (Phi - D) HolyPuck
    5. Ryan McDonagh (NYR - D) LeBlanc's Legion - The production just isn't there and his Hits aren't even that great
    6. Mark Stone (Ott - RW) The Comish
    7. David Perron (Pit - LW,RW) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Sean Monahan (Cgy - C) Daoust Dynasty
    9. Jaden Schwartz (StL - LW) Last Resort
    10. Bryan Little (Wpg - C,RW) rizzeedizzee
    11. John Klingberg (Dal - D) Top 10 finish
    12. Chris Kreider (NYR - LW) The Goods
    13. Eric Staal (Car - C) Contra Dictions

Round 10

1. Bobby Ryan (Ott - LW,RW) Contra Dictions
    2. Henrik Sedin (Van - C) The Goods
    3. Jonathan Huberdeau (Fla - C,LW) Top 10 finish
    4. Scott Hartnell (Cls - LW) rizzeedizzee
    - already talk of him being a 3rd liner
    5. Marian Hossa (Chi - RW) Last Resort
    6. Ryan O'Reilly (Buf - C,LW,RW) Daoust Dynasty
    7. Craig Smith (Nsh - C,RW) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Brandon Dubinsky (Cls - C,LW) The Comish
    9. Mark Scheifele (Wpg - C) LeBlanc's Legion
    10. Torey Krug (Bos - D) HolyPuck
    11. Chris Kunitz (Pit - LW) Laying the Law
    12. Marian Gaborik (LA - RW) 5 For Fighting
    13. Brandon Saad (Cls - LW,RW) Sat. Night Special

Round 11

1. Ondrej Pavelec (Wpg - G) Sat. Night Special
    2. Sami Vatanen (Anh - D) 5 For Fighting - like TJ Brodie, his stats were propped up big time by a hot start; he could really disappoint
    3. Jimmy Howard (Det - G) Laying the Law
    4. Joe Thornton (SJ - C) HolyPuck
    5. Jarome Iginla (Col - RW) LeBlanc's Legion
    6. Tyler Toffoli (LA - C,LW,RW) The Comish
    7. Tyler Ennis (Buf - C,LW) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Alex Galchenyuk (Mon - C,LW) Daoust Dynasty
    9. Jason Spezza (Dal - C) Last Resort
    10. Andrei Markov (Mon - D) rizzeedizzee
    11. Brent Seabrook (Chi - D) Top 10 finish
    12. Derick Brassard (NYR - C) The Goods
    13. Mike Smith (Ari - G) Contra Dictions

Round 12

1. Nail Yakupov (Edm - LW,RW) Contra Dictions
    2. Johnny Boychuk (NYI - D) The Goods
    3. Nick Bjugstad (Fla - C) Top 10 finish
    4. Jake Muzzin (LA - D) rizzeedizzee
    5. Anders Lee (NYI - C) Last Resort
    6. Matt Niskanen (Was - D) Daoust Dynasty
    7. Mikkel Boedker (Ari - LW,RW) Elder's Mind Tricks - Fine player to own, but too soon
    8. Derek Stepan (NYR - C) The Comish
    9. Martin Jones (SJ - G) LeBlanc's Legion
    10. Jason Pominville (Min - RW) HolyPuck
    11. Ryan Strome (NYI - C) Laying the Law
    12. Niklas Kronwall (Det - D) 5 For Fighting
    13. Kari Lehtonen (Dal - G) Sat. Night Special
    Got a few minutes to spare, so I figured I'd go through and identify what I thought was the worst pick of each round - see above in bold italics. I'll do rounds 13-25 in a separate post.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Round 13

1. Petr Mrazek (Det - G) Sat. Night Special
    2. Ryan Callahan (TB - RW) 5 For Fighting
    3. Brayden Schenn (Phi - C,LW) Laying the Law
    4. Dion Phaneuf (Tor - D) HolyPuck
    5. David Savard (Cls - D) LeBlanc's Legion
    6. Dennis Wideman (Cgy - D) The Comish
    7. Cody Franson (Buf - D) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Mika Zibanejad (Ott - C,RW) Daoust Dynasty
    9. Zdeno Chara (Bos - D) Last Resort
    10. Evgeny Kuznetsov (Was - C,LW) rizzeedizzee - remarkably solid round, and although Kuz isn't a "bad" pick the chances of him being productive just truly aren't very good
    11. Brendan Gallagher (Mon - RW) Top 10 finish
    12. James Wisniewski (Car - D) The Goods
    13. Jeff Skinner (Car - LW,RW) Contra Dictions

Round 14

1. Brad Marchand (Bos - LW) Contra Dictions - lingering injury concerns and dead weight in PPP make this a dicey pick
    2. Thomas Vanek (Min - LW,RW) The Goods
    3. Cam Atkinson (Cls - RW) Top 10 finish
    4. Aleksander Barkov (Fla - C) rizzeedizzee
    5. Ryan Suter (Min - D) Last Resort
    6. Elias Lindholm (Car - C) Daoust Dynasty
    7. Nazem Kadri (Tor - C) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. David Pastrnak (Bos - LW,RW) The Comish
    9. Jacob Trouba (Wpg - D) LeBlanc's Legion
    10. Mats Zuccarello (NYR - LW,RW) HolyPuck
    11. Tomas Plekanec (Mon - C) Laying the Law
    12. Antti Niemi (Dal - G) 5 For Fighting
    13. Jakob Silfverberg (Anh - LW,RW) Sat. Night Special

Round 15

1. Jaromir Jagr (Fla - RW) Sat. Night Special
    2. Mike Hoffman (Ott - C,LW) 5 For Fighting
    3. Erik Johnson (Col - D) Laying the Law
    4. Chris Stewart (Anh - LW,RW) HolyPuck
    5. Troy Brouwer (StL - RW) LeBlanc's Legion
    6. David Krejci (Bos - C) The Comish
    7. Jonathan Drouin (TB - LW) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Travis Hamonic (NYI - D) Daoust Dynasty
    9. Marko Dano (Chi - C) Last Resort
    10. Johan Franzen (Det - LW,RW) rizzeedizzee
    11. Valtteri Filppula (TB - C,LW) Top 10 finish - Odd man out in Tampa, and even when he wasn't his SOG and Hits are terrible.
    12. Nick Leddy (NYI - D) The Goods
    13. Mike Cammalleri (NJ - C,LW) Contra Dictions

Round 16

1. Jonathan Bernier (Tor - G) Contra Dictions
    2. Andrew Hammond (Ott - G) The Goods
    3. Robin Lehner (Buf - G) Top 10 finish
    4. Mikael Granlund (Min - C) rizzeedizzee
    5. Kyle Palmieri (NJ - LW,RW) Last Resort
    6. Karri Ramo (Cgy - G) Daoust Dynasty
    7. Max Domi (Ari - C) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Tyler Myers (Wpg - D) The Comish
    9. Alex Stalock (SJ - G) LeBlanc's Legion
    10. Paul Stastny (StL - C) HolyPuck
    11. Tommy Wingels (SJ - LW,RW) Laying the Law
    12. Michael Del Zotto (Phi - D) 5 For Fighting
    13. Olli Maatta (Pit - D) Sat. Night Special - Likely not to see any PP time, and who knows what his health situation might be

Round 17

1. Anton Stralman (TB - D) Sat. Night Special
    2. Mike Fisher (Nsh - C) 5 For Fighting
    3. Justin Schultz (Edm - D) Laying the Law
    4. Mike Ribeiro (Nsh - C) HolyPuck
    5. Matt Moulson (Buf - LW) LeBlanc's Legion
    6. T.J. Brodie (Cgy - D) The Comish
    7. Nino Niederreiter (Min - RW) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Brock Nelson (NYI - C) Daoust Dynasty - He won't line up with Tavares and he was basically a 30 point pace player after the first 20 games
    9. Alexander Edler (Van - D) Last Resort
    10. Marek Zidlicky (Det - D) rizzeedizzee
    11. Zach Bogosian (Buf - D) Top 10 finish
    12. Kevin Hayes (NYR - RW) The Goods
    13. Jordan Staal (Car - C,LW) Contra Dictions

Round 18

1. Clarke MacArthur (Ott - LW) Contra Dictions - Another case of "odd man out" and diminishing PP ice time; better players were out there
    2. Alex Goligoski (Dal - D) The Goods
    3. Jori Lehtera (StL - C) Top 10 finish
    4. Drew Stafford (Wpg - LW,RW) rizzeedizzee
    5. Scott Darling (Chi - G) Last Resort
    6. Morgan Rielly (Tor - D) Daoust Dynasty
    7. Loui Eriksson (Bos - LW,RW) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Hampus Lindholm (Anh - D) The Comish
    9. Carl Soderberg (Col - C,LW) LeBlanc's Legion
    10. Andrej Sekera (Edm - D) HolyPuck
    11. Valeri Nichushkin (Dal - RW) Laying the Law
    12. Sam Bennett (Cgy - C) 5 For Fighting
    13. Cam Fowler (Anh - D) Sat. Night Special

Round 19

1. Matt Dumba (Min - D) Sat. Night Special
    2. Seth Jones (Nsh - D) 5 For Fighting
    3. Derrick Pouliot (Pit - D) Laying the Law
    4. Colin Wilson (Nsh - C,LW) HolyPuck
    5. Justin Abdelkader (Det - LW,RW) LeBlanc's Legion
    6. Tomas Hertl (SJ - C,LW) The Comish
    7. Brandon Pirri (Fla - C,LW,RW) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Shane Doan (Ari - LW,RW) Daoust Dynasty
    9. Mikko Koivu (Min - C) Last Resort
    10. Adam Larsson (NJ - D) rizzeedizzee - Not terrible, but he's just as likely to revert to his previous inconsistency as he is to perform like he did toward the end of 2014-15
    11. Dan Girardi (NYR - D) Top 10 finish
    12. Joffrey Lupul (Tor - LW,RW) The Goods
    13. Christian Ehrhoff (LA - D) Contra Dictions

Round 20

1. Carl Hagelin (Anh - LW) Contra Dictions
    2. Marcus Johansson (Was - C,LW,RW) The Goods
    3. Dustin Brown (LA - LW,RW) Top 10 finish - Maybe if there wasn't already another Dustin Brown in LA now named Milan Lucic. I'd take David Clarkson over Brown at this point, and Clarkson wasn't drafted....
    4. Alex Killorn (TB - C,LW) rizzeedizzee
    5. Michael Stone (Ari - D) Last Resort
    6. Simon Despres (Anh - D) Daoust Dynasty
    7. Eric Gelinas (NJ - D) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Boone Jenner (Cls - C) The Comish
    9. Adam Henrique (NJ - C) LeBlanc's Legion
    10. Brayden McNabb (LA - D) HolyPuck
    11. Michael Hutchinson (Wpg - G) Laying the Law
    12. Justin Williams (Was - RW) 5 For Fighting
    13. Alexander Semin (Mon - LW,RW) Sat. Night Special

Round 21

1. Reilly Smith (Fla - LW,RW) Sat. Night Special
    2. Marc-Edouard Vlasic (SJ - D) 5 For Fighting
    3. Cam Ward (Car - G) Laying the Law
    4. Sam Gagner (Phi - C,RW) HolyPuck
    5. Teuvo Teravainen (Chi - LW) LeBlanc's Legion
    6. Mathieu Perreault (Wpg - C) The Comish
    7. Eddie Lack (Car - G) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Matt Beleskey (Bos - LW) Daoust Dynasty - Remember Martin LaPointe when he came to Boston? This will make LaPointe look like a superstar by comparison.
    9. Martin Hanzal (Ari - C) Last Resort
    10. Alex Tanguay (Col - LW,RW) rizzeedizzee
    11. Charlie Coyle (Min - C,RW) Top 10 finish
    12. Brooks Orpik (Was - D) The Goods
    13. Michael Raffl (Phi - C,LW) Contra Dictions

Round 22

1. Michael Frolik (Cgy - C,RW) Contra Dictions
    2. Dmitrij Jaskin (StL - RW) The Goods - reaching at this point in the draft is fine, but if anything Jaskin might emerge later in the season, and would you really hold him until then?
    3. Michael Grabner (Tor - RW) Top 10 finish
    4. Antti Raanta (NYR - G) rizzeedizzee
    5. David Desharnais (Mon - C) Last Resort
    6. Patrick Maroon (Anh - LW) Daoust Dynasty
    7. Jake Gardiner (Tor - D) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Jimmy Hayes (Bos - RW) The Comish
    9. Jared Spurgeon (Min - D) LeBlanc's Legion
    10. Brian Campbell (Fla - D) HolyPuck
    11. Frans Nielsen (NYI - C) Laying the Law
    12. John Gibson (Anh - G) 5 For Fighting
    13. Brad Richards (Det - C,LW) Sat. Night Special

Round 23

1. Jiri Tlusty (NJ - LW) Sat. Night Special
    2. Nick Bonino (Pit - C) 5 For Fighting
    3. Nikolaj Ehlers (Wpg - LW) Laying the Law
    4. Sergei Plotnikov (Pit - LW) HolyPuck
    5. Kris Versteeg (Car - LW,RW) LeBlanc's Legion
    6. Jason Garrison (TB - D) The Comish - By the end of last season he was the forgotten man. I like a bit of a reach or specialty guy here instead.
    7. Cody Ceci (Ott - D) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Nikita Zadorov (Col - D) Daoust Dynasty
    9. Andrei Vasilevskiy (TB - G) Last Resort
    10. Oscar Klefbom (Edm - D) rizzeedizzee
    11. Brandon Sutter (Van - C) Top 10 finish
    12. Antoine Vermette (Ari - C,LW) The Goods
    13. Jason Zucker (Min - LW,RW) Contra Dictions

Round 24

1. Matt Irwin (Bos - D) Contra Dictions
    2. Curtis Lazar (Ott - C) The Goods
    3. Yannick Weber (Van - D) Top 10 finish - Last season was a fluky run; he's a journeyman
    4. Artem Anisimov (Chi - C,LW) rizzeedizzee
    5. Artemi Panarin (Chi - LW) Last Resort
    6. Zemgus Girgensons (Buf - C,LW) Daoust Dynasty
    7. Rasmus Ristolainen (Buf - D) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Trevor Daley (Chi - D) The Comish
    9. Danny DeKeyser (Det - D) LeBlanc's Legion
    10. Benoit Pouliot (Edm - LW) HolyPuck
    11. Tom Wilson (Was - RW) Laying the Law
    12. Tyler Bozak (Tor - C) 5 For Fighting
    13. Ryan Ellis (Nsh - D) Sat. Night Special

Round 25

1. Dan Boyle (NYR - D) Sat. Night Special
    2. Jay Bouwmeester (StL - D) 5 For Fighting
    3. Alec Martinez (LA - D) Laying the Law - Maybe if Ehrhoff hadn't signed, but he did
    4. Alexandre Burrows (Van - LW,RW) HolyPuck
    5. Darnell Nurse (Edm - D) LeBlanc's Legion
    6. Kevin Klein (NYR - D) The Comish
    7. Steve Downie (Ari - LW,RW) Elder's Mind Tricks
    8. Michal Neuvirth (Phi - G) Daoust Dynasty
    9. Radko Gudas (Phi - D) Last Resort
    10. Jacob Markstrom (Van - G) rizzeedizzee
    11. Andrew Shaw (Chi - RW) Top 10 finish
    12. Anton Khudobin (Anh - G) The Goods
    13. Marco Scandella (Min - D) Contra Dictions
    Same drill as my last post - "worst" pick of each round in bold italics.

Those who saw you names picked, nothing personal - I picked myself four times!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Got a few minutes to spare, so I figured I'd go through and identify what I thought was the worst pick of each round - see above in bold italics. I'll do rounds 13-25 in a separate post.
    Nice work. (not sure how many friends you'll make by doing a "worst pick" in every round! That's something I would do!!! LOL).
    The 2nd draft went last night - Norris.

You writers did a good job pumping OEL's tires... because while I thought he went too high at #33 in your draft, he still went #43 in the Norris.
    It just takes ONE GM to want a guy badly enough and the reach happens.

Other significant reaches in the Norris last night:
    Mrazek taken at pick #87 (while Howard fell to autoDraft at #158. In the EXPERTS, Howard went 133, Mrazek went 157.)
    M.Jones taken at pick #96 (he went #152 in EXPERTS)
    Lucic went at #63 (he went #97 in EXPERTS)
    Marleau went at #62 (he went #85 in EXPERTS)
    Saad went at #98 (he went #130 in EXPERTS)
    Sharp went at #53 (he went #82 in EXPERTS)

Administrator

I love being the guy that steals picks from others. Sort of like chess... I prefer keeping my opponent reacting to my moves and not the other way around.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust