Thread: Niemi vs Miller vs Hammond

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Niemi vs Miller vs Hammond

So I recently was able to trade a draft pick for Jones (for the price the Sharks paid, they'll likely play him more than Stalock)...I'm hoping at least. I've been offered the availability of Miller - anyone think he'll bounce back? I'm sort of interested in the sole factor that he's the uncontested #1 now with Lack gone. Niemi will probably split time and Hammond might too. I'm having a hard time judging Hammond - not sure if he's just a flash in a pan player. (this is for team #1)

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Niemi vs Miller vs Hammond

Quote Originally Posted by epik87 View Post
    I'm sort of interested in the sole factor that he's the uncontested #1 now with Lack gone. Niemi will probably split time and Hammond might too. I'm having a hard time judging Hammond - not sure if he's just a flash in a pan player. (this is for team #1)
    You've got your answer right there. Go with Miller. He might not be a quality starter but atleast he's a starter.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Miller for me.

Dobber Sports Star

Miller will see more games than the other 2.

Dobber Sports Deity

I hate Miller but like his situation better than the other two.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Miller clear-cut #1 on, IMO, a decent-good team. Niemi could split time, but Hammond will not

Administrator

Miller is the default winner here.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

Easy pick IMO: Miller
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Superstar

Miller, clear-cut starter on a middle of the road team (especially in the Pacific).

The other two are in tough, and no I don't trust Hammond at all, I don't see him having much success going forward.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Miller, clear-cut starter on a middle of the road team (especially in the Pacific).
    And with parity a middle of the road team still produces a lot of wins.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

I'm the odd man out and disagree on trading for Miller. I think Vancouver is trending in the wrong direction. You have Jones AND Stalock (i.e., a handcuff on SJ's goalies). I'd much rather have the SJ handcuff, then to trade Jones for Miller and split that handcuff up. IMO, SJ's goalies will put up better numbers than Miller. I'd keep the handcuff.

And given it's a dynasty league, I'd also much rather take a chances on Jones over Miller.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'm the odd man out and disagree on trading for Miller. I think Vancouver is trending in the wrong direction. You have Jones AND Stalock (i.e., a handcuff on SJ's goalies). I'd much rather have the SJ handcuff, then to trade Jones for Miller and split that handcuff up. IMO, SJ's goalies will put up better numbers than Miller. I'd keep the handcuff.

And given it's a dynasty league, I'd also much rather take a chances on Jones over Miller.
    Don't see how Vancouver is trending in the wrong direction compared to San Jose who just missed the playoffs.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm still trying to work the details on a Miller move. But to make it clear, if the trade goes through, I would be moving with Miller and Jones. I think I will be able to redraft Stalock - it not like he had amazing stats last year. Jones is taking more coin than Stalock so I'm sure he's bound to get more chances if he messes up. They just hired Nabokov as the new goalie coach - could get Jones on the right path. If the trade does go through, I'm hoping I can dangle Niemi around for something and not just let him go to FA for the draft.

Well Miller trade might fall through - started off with Hammond (who he wanted)/Green and then Hammond/Kesler. Countered with unless I'm willing to give up one of my top 7 keepers (only skaters he's interested in) with Hammond or Niemi. He recognized he has two uncontested starters in Rinne and Miller and only willing to downgrade to a timeshare goalie if I give up something good - which I think he knows I probably won't. So this probably won't happen. Miller probably as a couple seasons left - I don't think I'm willing to give up something substantial for a rental (one of which may only be good for wins).