Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015/16 Rocky Horror Roto Show

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: 2015/16 Rocky Horror Roto Show

I made my draft manifesto already.
    It pre-maps out what I want to do with my first 16 rounds of picks.
    I'll post it minutes after the draft... and see how close I got with my actual picks.
    I think I've got a good shot to land about 12 of my 16 pre-picks.
    It's amazing, I did a ton of pre-strategizing focused primarily on temek being at my inside turn.

Pretty happy with my plan... goalies, not so much... never so much.
    I. hate. goalies. (in fantasy hockey)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'll post it minutes after the draft... and see how close I got with my actual picks.
    It's amazing, I did a ton of pre-strategizing focused primarily on temek being at my inside turn.

Crap. I have my first four or five rounds mapped out, tops. Time to send my family to the in-laws and buckle down!

The Wolverine

You have too much time on your hands.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I just finished my positional rankings. Now I need to work on a strategy that works with my draft position. I wish I had one more week...the story of my life!

Dobber Sports Icon

Tonight's the night. Unfortunately my prep has been limited this year since my baby boy arrived Monday. But I'm feeling pretty confident. I've got a draft for my new money league in two hours and while it's H2H, the categories/position settings are damn near bang on so it should offer some practice.

Funny that my money league is being considered practice for a free one, but the level of competition in the RHRS just can't be beat! Good luck on Year 5 everyone!

Also, sandwiching Rick should be interesting! Hoping to throw his draft strategy off a bit.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Master

Do you all remember what it was like to talk to the girl you had a crush on in grade 7? Everything you did seemed weird and inadequate. Well that is how I feel right now. I did some preliminary draft presets (enough for the first seven or eight rounds), and now all the choices I made seem weird and inadequate. My son has hockey tryouts all day today and I have to be there of course, but the second I get home I'm locking myself in a room to prepare properly and hopefully work something out that feels less like junior prom and more like my wedding night. LOL

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Also, sandwiching Rick should be interesting! Hoping to throw his draft strategy off a bit.
    No pressure - but we're all counting on you to keep him in check.
    In my category-ranker, Ovechkin (380pts) has about a 50pt gap on the next range of players (330pts-300pts).
    It's a significant lead right off the bat for the #1 pick in this format.
    Don't leave any juicy nuggets on the board for him!!!

Dobber Sports Icon

No pressure - but we're all counting on you to keep him in check.
    In my category-ranker, Ovechkin (380pts) has about a 50pt gap on the next range of players (330pts-300pts).
    It's a significant lead right off the bat for the #1 pick in this format.
    Don't leave any juicy nuggets on the board for him!!!
    It`s going to be tough. I've been pouring over his draft history, trying to figure out a bit of strategy. I've got some ideas for the first few rounds that I've worked into my own strategy though.

The Wolverine

Tonight's the night. Unfortunately my prep has been limited this year since my baby boy arrived Monday. But I'm feeling pretty confident. I've got a draft for my new money league in two hours and while it's H2H, the categories/position settings are damn near bang on so it should offer some practice.

Funny that my money league is being considered practice for a free one, but the level of competition in the RHRS just can't be beat! Good luck on Year 5 everyone!

Congrats on the new arrival!

The Wolverine

Two hours!

Fellas, I hate goalies.

Dobber Sports Icon

Posted this on the league page but thought I'd ask here too. Just out of curiousity would we allow pre-draft trading of picks? I've seen it done before in other leagues. The two people would agree to which rounds are swapped and make the selections based on the other GM's choice come time in the draft. Then after the draft, the actual trade is made in the league.

The Wolverine

Posted this on the league page but thought I'd ask here too. Just out of curiousity would we allow pre-draft trading of picks? I've seen it done before in other leagues. The two people would agree to which rounds are swapped and make the selections based on the other GM's choice come time in the draft. Then after the draft, the actual trade is made in the league.
    Happy to have everyone to give their thoughts on your suggestion, but I would prefer this discussion be kept on the league page.

Feel free to also bring this up in the feedback thread I open later in the year to see what people think.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Do you all remember what it was like to talk to the girl you had a crush on in grade 7? Everything you did seemed weird and inadequate. Well that is how I feel right now. I did some preliminary draft presets (enough for the first seven or eight rounds), and now all the choices I made seem weird and inadequate. My son has hockey tryouts all day today and I have to be there of course, but the second I get home I'm locking myself in a room to prepare properly and hopefully work something out that feels less like junior prom and more like my wedding night. LOL
    +1 BN. Feel the exact same way.
    Played around with various strategies and ideas - but just feels like I'm going up against immovable objects. Have jumped around on so many variations that now it all sort of feels like a blur. Each strategy seemed to create a separate vulnerability that I know this group will exploit.

Have decided to go play with the dog until draft time and try to go with my gut throughout the later rounds of the draft as much as possible. Might be a nightmare - but just don't feel like I've got any ace up my sleeve to outwit these pillars of fantasy without ever having played against them in a league before. May have to trade my way through year 1 haha.

Good luck boys!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Congrats on the new arrival!
    Thanks! Pretty excited of course! He's been perfectly healthy. Couldn't have asked for things to go better.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Happy to have everyone to give their thoughts on your suggestion, but I would prefer this discussion be kept on the league page.

Feel free to also bring this up in the feedback thread I open later in the year to see what people think.
    No worries, will do and will bring it up later for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    +1 BN. Feel the exact same way.
    Played around with various strategies and ideas - but just feels like I'm going up against immovable objects. Have jumped around on so many variations that now it all sort of feels like a blur. Each strategy seemed to create a separate vulnerability that I know this group will exploit.

Have decided to go play with the dog until draft time and try to go with my gut throughout the later rounds of the draft as much as possible. Might be a nightmare - but just don't feel like I've got any ace up my sleeve to outwit these pillars of fantasy without ever having played against them in a league before. May have to trade my way through year 1 haha.

Good luck boys!
    Bring on the fresh blood!! Welcome aboard Bottlenecker and YzermansLegacy. Two great additions. I'm sure you guys will keep adding to the competitive spirit.