Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2015/2016 Dobber ENTRY (Tier III) Smythe Division

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: 2015/2016 Dobber ENTRY (Tier III) Smythe Division

Quote Originally Posted by duntroon68 View Post
    Conversely I was often debating between players only to have Streit Outta Compton take the other one immediately after my pick.

I watch listed a bunch of guys ranked after 200 in Yahoo just to make sure they stayed on my radar. Compton took 10 of them. Ramrod took 8.
    Hey atleast we both made our homework....
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am going to try one of these draft review posts. I cannot imagine most care but I like reading them and I have never done one so...

1.4 Tyler Seguin. I had decided upon OV, Sid and Tavares as my first three choices, figuring I might get Tavares but then I started thinking about the centres available in the later stages and decided I wanted a winger. I crunched some numbers and settled upon Seguin over Benn or Giroux as more of his value came from offensive play rather than hits. Figuring hits are available later but shots, goals and PPP dry up. So I ranked OV, Crosby and Seguin.

2.25 Nicklas Backstrom. A week out I was thinking Holtby if he was there. Half a week out I had decided to go for Backstrom. Thirty seconds before my pick I was still debating. Holtby went 24 and I was saved the choice. Again I was trying to get a solid offensive foundation with a .97 PPG player over the last three years and plenty of PPP.

3.32 Taylor Hall. Again I had been thinking goalie but half a week out I started thinking about Hall. Another .97 PPG player over the last three years with 2.98 shots per game. Last year he was ranked around 20th with upside from there. Nothing really has changed except for one sub-par season. He rounds out my top line, as it were, allowing some flexibility later to take the best player rather than drafting positions.

4.53 Sergei Bobrovsky. In the original plan if Holtby was gone I was going Bobrovsky in the third round. Again the 23rd ranked Yahoo player last year and while injuries to his team and himself destroyed that nothing else has really changed. I wanted some kind of goalie in a good situation and getting Bob here seemed like a good idea. I think this was the latest he went in the four Dobber leagues.

5.60 OEL. This felt like a reach but I knew there were other players I wanted to reach for in the next couple of rounds and FHG had OEL 13th. Turns out this was the latest he was drafted in the four leagues so I don't feel as stupid as I did when I first drafted him. Lots of shots and hits. Crappy +/-. I always draft crappy +/-. That and ratio stats both in hockey and baseball. Counting stats just seem more real to me I suppose. Although +/- isn't as sticky as most stats. At this point I wanted a D plus I felt I needed to get some hits into the roster.

6.81 Evander Kane. One of the reaches that dictated OEL. I would have left him a round if I could have gotten Simmonds but he went one pick earlier. 2 fasth 2 furious was helpful like that all night long. Saved me some choices. When I was waiting on Bob earlier I had decided that if he was taken I was taking Weber. 2f2f helpfully left Bob and took Weber. Kane shoots and hits and is in a fresh situation where he is likely to get all the ice time he can handle.

7.88 Kyle Okoposo. With Lucic, Simmonds and Kane gone I took what was in the pool. I didn't put much stock in the theory that Okoposo will be phased out as Tavares' line mate because they might not sign him next year. Doesn't make a lot of sense to not use a player this year just because he might not be around next. Strome seems like he would be best suited to running his own line. Of course now Okoposo has barely played with Tavares so far but one, pre-season means little ten games in and two, Okoposo put up points when Tavares went down two years ago. He is a .92 PPG player the last two years and is still lining up on the 1st PP unit. I wasn't targeting him but I had him in mind if he was there.

8.109 Justin Faulk. He was a target. He went earlier in the other three drafts. I wanted the shots and hits and I planned to take forwards through the next few rounds as I liked several D after Yahoo rank 200. But I didn't want to go into 200 with only one D. Again I wanted to stay balanced early so I could draft best player late without worrying about position.

9.116 Radim Vrbata. Carter and Hornqvist were both gone. I figured I could wait on some later targets so I took the shots and PPP. Also I liked RW less after 200 than C, D or LW.

10.137 Tyler Toffoli. His /60 numbers for points and shots are excellent. He's done his time as a young player and may actually be trusted enough to get some more minutes. (I wonder if the fourth year breakout isn't so much because the player finally plays better as much as it takes that long for NHL coaches to finally learn the kid's name. Everyone wants to anoint young players in fantasy hockey but NHL coaches seem to hate young players. They like their veterans.) Also he slots in at all three forward positions. This is a bet that he'll get more time and continue to produce at his current rate.

11.144 Anders Lee. Last year his /60 numbers were good going into the draft. They are good again this year. He will likely play with Tavares or Strome. He shoots and hits a ton. This isn't a FOW league so the C only eligibility isn't so bad. Everyone here already knows these things if they read these forums.

12.165 Scott Hartnell. I wanted Strome here. Here's my statistical take on this pick. I draft Hartnell sometime after the 9th round and he provides 3rd round value. I hadn't really planned on him coming in but there he was. Kind of like Okoposo and Vrbata. PIM would make this more valuable but he hits, shoots and gets PP time.

13.172 Tyler Ennis. My reaches have passed and many of my future reaches have already been sniped. Ennis was just my favourite player on the screen. Much like many of my picks I figure he should be no worse than last year with a chance to be much better. He's got 2.5 shots and a hit per game in him. Playing with better team mates than last year should improve the assists and +/-. Maybe.

14.193 Martin Jones. I had looked at him last round but waited to see. I needed a goalie. I have heard both good and bad opinions of Jones' chances this winter. I had debated attempting the Dallas duo or Talbot but Niemi and Talbot went before I was ready so I took this last best chance at a starter. Hopefully he will be good and so will San Jose.

15.200 Erik Johnson. Now I wanted to fill in some D. I had a list. Muzzin, J. Johnson and Wiz all went in between Jones and this pick. Franson was long gone. So EJ. Last year's pro-rated pace was 40 points, 165 hits and 200 shots (unsustainable shooting percentage, yada-yada, I know, he had 39 points the year before). Hits and shots with a hope of PPP and points in general. He was in my list. I wasn't going to get them all and wasn't unhappy to get Johnson.

16.221 Kari Lehtonen. He was still sitting there. He might play 60 games. Or 40. Or 20. I wanted two starters and planned to grab two late back ups on good teams. But I thought this was a chance worth taking.

17.228 Alexander Edler. He's only 29. He has demonstrated that he can hit, shoot and score. He gets PP time. I needed D.

18.249 Elias Lindholm. Last year, 39 points, 106 hits and 170 shots. He is liable to do better this year. He wasn't a plan but Hanzal and Hamonic had just been taken and I clicked on the news box that quoted his coach saying things like "bigger and stronger" and "30 goals" and I needed another C or RW at this point.

19.256 Marek Zidlicky. Michael Del Zotto went just before this pick and my D list was running dry. Zidlickly had just signed with NYI and there is a promise of PP time. He hits just enough. He had been around the edges of my list but never on it until I made the pick.

20.277 Zach Bogosian. There are players in every draft that get you excited and then you draft them waaaay too early. But if you don't get them you're pissed at yourself. I may be an idiot but I wanted Bogosian and I managed to wait until the 20th round to take him. He went higher in the other three leagues. After joining Buffalo, he paced 200 shots and 325 hits. Yes, he's already hurt but so what. Bogosian and Kane are like twins and if they hit they could be huge.

21.284 Mathieu Perreault. The year before I noticed that his /60 PPG was excellent but I never really had any need to draft him. Last year, with more opportunity, he was on pace for 54 points, 17 PPP, 103 hits and 170 shots before injury.

22.305 Shane Doan. I realized I had 4 RW but no other options. I saw 189 shots and 189 hits. I ran out of other ideas. He has had spurts of excellent play the last couple of years.

23.312 Dmitrij Jaskin. I have liked him for a couple of years. He does hit. And he has some talent if he gets an opportunity.

24.333 Thomas Greiss. I still wanted another back-up from a decent team. I had targeted Darling, Raanta and Greiss. At this point I had to leave to get to work so I loaded some names into my queue and waited to see what I'd get.

25.340 Jason Zucker. Was on a 30 goal pace with a 17% shooting percentage. He had 5 assists to his 21 goals. By accident that assist total will rise. So of all the late round upside fliers this is the one I chose. Is 30-30 in him? Maybe. Likely not but he was getting 4 shots a game in the AHL and looks to play on the second line in pre-season. He could go all Tomas Tatar. Or not and I drop him for someone else.

So, as has been discussed a little bit elsewhere, I tried not to reach too much and I lost out on players that I wanted. But most of the time I wasn't too disappointed. I drafted players that I didn't plan upon because they were available and I thought I could get them at that point plus value later on. Many players that I drafted have room to be much better than they were last year. I tried to get three PPG forwards in the first three rounds. Then a quality starting goalie. A couple of D who shoot and hit. The middle rounds were forwards because I thought there was D and C and 40 GP in goal after round 14. I didn't draft huge hitters at all times but tried to make sure they weren't completely deficient. Many will get 80-100 hits this season. I tried to get PPP as much as I could. And shooters as when I could get them.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Nice summary.
    I think you got some great value in some of your picks: Vrbata, Hartnell, Lehtonen, E.Lindholm, Doan especially.
    Bobrovsky & M.Jones too.

I like you for top 5 team.
    Some REP for doing a team review!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Might as well take a stab at some REP (and perhaps explaining what were apparently some bad picks)

1. (1) Alex Ovechkin (Was - LW,RW)
    No sense in being a hero. First pick was the only easy one I had all draft.

2. (28) Pekka Rinne (Nsh - G)
    I planned on taking Byfuglien here, but he was gone 2 picks before mine. As was Holtby, my target first goalie. So I winged it and decided to go back-to-back with some elite goalies, with the logic that I wouldn't have to think about goalies again. (I ended up drafting a backup, and have made 2 waiver claims, likely overpaying for Kuemper and Reimer)

3. (29) Devan Dubnyk (Min - G)
    Same logic as Rinne.

4. (56) Kris Letang (Pit - D)
    Having the turn picks, I ended up doing this probably too often. Quite a few D were off the board by now, and in a league where you roster 6, I knew I wanted to get some top ones. Letang was IMO the best bet left.

5. (57) Victor Hedman (TB - D)
    I like Hedman to blowup this year with the talent that Tampa has, as do many. Here's hoping!

6. (84) Chris Kreider (NYR - LW)
    Emerging multi-cat stud still on the board, I am quite happy to have landed Kreider here.

7. (85) T.J. Oshie (Was - C,RW)
    I debated between Oshie and Carter here, but ultimately decided to double down on Washington.

8. (112) Aaron Ekblad (Fla - D)
    I had Hamilton lined up, sniped just before me. Klingberg went a few picks earlier, so I wanted to get another good D before a run started.

9. (113) Valeri Nichushkin (Dal - RW)
    Pengwin stated this was my worst pick, or at least, my biggest reach. That may be the case, and yes, he did go in the late teen rounds in the other draft. But honestly, I still stand by this pick. Sometimes you gotta just go with your gut, and I have that feeling that I may end up having the best "value pick" in our league with Nuke.

Or he'll bust and I'll be out of it by December. Either or.

10. (140) Dennis Wideman (Cgy - D)
    Another turn of picks that compliment each other, and with Streit next, I'd only need one more D to fill them up.

11. (141) Mark Streit (Phi - D)
    Same logic as Wideman.

12. (168) Andrej Sekera (Edm - D)
    Figured I'd shore up the D and take a swing with the hopefully new PP QB for this year. Schultz may have that job though, so I may regret this pick too.

13. (169) Nail Yakupov (Edm - LW,RW)
    Provides roster flexibility if needed, and has been playing with Hall and McJesus so far. I'll gamble. Sure.

14. (196) Carl Soderberg (Col - C,LW)
    Needed a C, and should have taken Kadri. Urgh. Not liking my team all that much so far, but also not hating it. In that horrible spot between the two.

15. (197) Justin Abdelkader (Det - LW,RW)
    Good hits to go with the potential for more offense. Read that Blashill considers him a goal scorer and will try and get him there.

16. (224) Aleksander Barkov (Fla - C)
    Needing to start filling some C spots, and liked what Barkov brought to the table to finish last year. Anxious to see what a full year with Jagr does for the kid.

17. (225) Alex Killorn (TB - C,LW)
    More C spots (even if he is likely to play LW more) and hopefully shotgun to Stamkos.

18. (252) Jori Lehtera (StL - C)
    At this point, I probably started picking players too much based on who they play with.

19. (253) Sam Bennett (Cgy - C)
    This pick should hopefully provide me good value, as Bennett is a blue chipper that should see top 6 minutes and PP time on a team that should be offense-minded.

20. (280) Johan Franzen (Det - LW,RW)
    If he plays, this is a great pick in the 20th round. If he plays.

21. (281) Artem Anisimov (Chi - C,LW)
    Regardless of why he was picked, I dropped him for Kuemper to get the Minny Handcuff

22. (308) Antti Raanta (NYR - G)
    More goalie games and if Lundy goes down, this pick could be money.

23. (309) Michael Grabner (Tor - RW)
    Homer pick as I am a Leafs fan. Hoping for a one-year wonder as he fishes for his next contract.

24. (336) Benoit Pouliot (Edm - LW)
    He should play with Nuge and Eberle still, right? RIGHT?

25. (337) Artemi Panarin (Chi - LW)
    Dropped him for Reimer, who should see a good number of games. Post draft realization of MAX GP played means that I needed to get some more goalie starts.

All in all, the toughest draft I've ever done. The deepest one BY FAR. Clearly not using FHG was a mistake, although I like my team more than the projections have given me. Time will tell, but I wouldn't be surprised to be in the Entry Level again next year, armed with lessons from this draft.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

My draft summary - It is too hard to set rankings with autopick because when positions start going you can no read the draft and change your rankings. Outside of my C, my autopick really had to reach to get players to fill my roster. Hopefully next year I can make the draft!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is it alright to change Team Name now that we know what players are on our team?

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm gonna take a stab at this also. Always fun to reflect on things like this.

1. (3) Sidney Crosby C

Knowing coming in, I really wished that Price will fall to me at #3. I knew it wasn't gonna happen. I long thought of going with Karlsson there but in the end, I went with Crosby as I feel last year was nothing else but a down year for him. Add in Kessel, and I wouldn't be surprise to see Sid hit 100pts this year.

2. (26) Dustin Byfuglien RW,D

With Karlsson gone, my queue had 3 names for my next pick. Subban,Holtby,Byfuglien. Luckily I get Buff. He's the man in roto leagues. Arguably a top15 pick IMO, so I'm more than happy to have him at #26. Time to fill my queue up with some goalies. I think Rask will get an edge in GAA and SV over Fleury.

3. (31) Tuukka Rask G
    I need a goalie. So of course, 3 of the next 4 picks before me are goalies. 3 of them were in my queue. I debate between Rask and Fleury. Went with Rask because I felt he's gonna be better in GAA and SV.

4. (54) Blake Wheeler RW

I've always believed that draft are not won in the first 3 rounds. It's between rounds 4-10 where a couple of bad picks can literally cripple your team. I had my eyes on a couple of players there. Wheeler was one of them. He brings incredible value in roto leagues.
    5. (59) Milan Lucic LW

I thought long about a goalie here, but went with Lucic. He looses value because there is no PIM but I'm expecting a good year from him riding shotgun with Contract-Year-Kopitar.
    6. (82) Patrick Sharp C,LW

This is a pick I really didn't like. I had Forsberg,Simmonds,Kane in my queue, they all went withing 5 picks of mine. I scrambled a bit here. I'm not so high on Sharp because he really disappointed me last season. He could bounce back with a better opportunity in Dallas. Not sold yet.

7. (87) Steve Mason G

I waited way too long to grab my second goaltender. I'm glad that Mason is still available. He had very good stats last year. He will face a lot of rubber in Philly. His win total is bound to improve from last season as the Flyers were abysmal defensively.

8. (110) Patric Hornqvist RW

This pick continues the trend that I had before the Sharp pick to go with a multi-cat stud winger. I don't think Hornqvist will suffer much from Kessel's arrival, au contraire. If he stays healthy, he's a steal at #110.

9. (115) Sami Vatanen D

Not thrilled about this pick. Vatanen doesn't hit much, and I like my defenseman to hit in roto leagues. He has a tremendous upside in the PPP department.

10. (138) Alex Galchenyuk C,LW
    Homer pick. Also my breakout candidate this season.

11. (143) Ryan Strome C

Yikes! Strome was there when I drafted Galchenyuk? Way to go Hugo, remove those Habs-glasses. I hope Strome gets RW eligibility also if he plays with Tavares. Thought long about taking Huberdeau here. I went with the upside that Strome explode with Tavares.

12. (166) Mika Zibanejad C,RW

I want Hartnell, of course he gets taken right before me. Settles with Zibanejad. Two back-to-back high 2011 draft picks. Breakout time... please

13. (171) Cody Franson D

This pick was a pure "FHG" pick. I know Franson struggled last year after being traded to Nashville but he was arguably a top15-20 D in roto leagues when he was with the Leafs. He doesn't have a whole lot of competition for ice time in Buffalo. He might kill my +/-. Looking what happenned next, perhaps I could have waited and take Talbot/Howard there. I felt way too confortamble with my goalies.

14. (194) Jack Johnson D

Looks like I'm postponing the plan to set my goaltenders for the draft. So I'm taking a player I despise but he produces. Damnit, I love winning too much.

15. (199) Nazem Kadri C

Who else is gonna score in Toronto? He's a very skilled player, if only he wasn't a Leafs.

16. (222) Mikkel Boedker LW,RW

Who else is gonna score in Arizona? With Franson,Kadri,Johnson,Boedker, perhaps I should say goodbye to +/- right away.

17. (227) Jimmy Hayes RW

Hits, scores, might play with Bergeron so he won't have a disastrous +/-.

18. (250) Nino Niederreiter RW

Hits,shoots. Should have a good +/- with Minny. There is hope after all with my +/-.

19. (255) Zemgus Girgensons C,LW

Hits,shoots. Should have a good +/- with.... Nope. Here we go again with me drafting forwards from bottom feeders.

20. (278) Adam Larsson D

I love this pick because I'm a big believer in Adam Larsson's talent. Reminds me a lot of what Hedman had to go through when he came in into the league. This is the year he takes another step forward (second half last year was good).

21. (283) Simon Despres D

Took another level when he got traded to the Ducks.
    22. (306) Kyle Palmieri LW,RW
    Another bottomfeeder top6 winger. Not much to say.
    23. (311) Michal Neuvirth G
    Oh yeah! goaltenders... shit. I locked up Mason's backup in case of injuries. I'll probably try to assess my need in net during the year.
    24. (334) Toby Enstrom D

He's often injured but he's also the best LHD on this up&coming WPG team. His PPP isn't as good as I thought it be.

25. (339) Francois Beauchemin D

Best LHD in Colorado. Might get some PP time, he's reliable defensively and I'm thinking Colorado is slightly better this year.

Cheers

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I almost feel bad that I took Streit from you, considering your team name.

Trade? :P

14 Team H2H Cap

FARM NOTABLES:

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    I almost feel bad that I took Streit from you, considering your team name.

Trade? :P
    Sure

Dobber Sports Demi-God

November Update in the Tier III Smythe Division:
    1 Yellow Dogs 92 $81
    2 2 fasth 2 furious 88 $90
    3 Pylons 87 $100
    4 rainydrinkwater 86 $100
    5 Ott Man Out 81 $63

6 Team Ramrod 73.5 $79
    7 Midgard Maulers 73 $80
    8 Marko K's Rad Team 70.5 $67

9 Da Budz 62 $95
    10 In It To Winnik 56.5 $86
    11 Mystery Alaska 54 $100
    11 Streit Outta Compton 54 $85
    13 Barn Fights 52.5 $82

14 -Dummy Comish Team- 15 1.5 77 $100

Notable FAAB Claims in October:
    $13 Mike Condon to Yellow Dogs (Nov 2)
    $12 Colton Parayko to Streit Outta Compton (Oct 19)
    $11 Leon Draisaitl to Ott Man Out (Nov 2)
    $11 Anthony Duclair to Ott Man Out (Oct 19)
    $10 Dylan Larkin to Marko K's Rad Team (Oct 12)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Looks like my Nichuskin pick is haunting me after all.

14 Team H2H Cap

FARM NOTABLES:

Dobber Sports Rookie

Anyone else having struggles with the waiver system? It's totally new to me and I am never sure of how many moves/ back up moves to set up in order to make sure I get a guy. This will be the 2nd week that I am sitting with an open roster spot because of this. Damn...
    12 team, keep 9 league, 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G,25 man rosters
    Cats: G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,SHP,SOG//W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C: Getzlaf, Stepan, Krejci, Rakell, H Sedin,
    LW: Pacioretty, Van Riemsdyk, Neal, Lee, Burakovsky
    RW: Perry, Jagr, Boedker, Zibanejad,
    D: Weber, Hedman, Ekman-Larsson, Faulk, Phaneuf, Fowler
    G: Lundqvist, Price, Darling, Howard, Scrivens, Enroth, Greiss

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by yipper005 View Post
    Anyone else having struggles with the waiver system? It's totally new to me and I am never sure of how many moves/ back up moves to set up in order to make sure I get a guy. This will be the 2nd week that I am sitting with an open roster spot because of this. Damn...
    I normally set-up 3 or 4 players that I want for just one spot.
    It takes a while, but there's some strategy to setting it up.

Last night, I pre-dropped three players to clear roster spots and then made a queue of about 7-8 players.
    $7 Gostisbehere
    $3 M.Karlsson
    $2 Alec Martinez (got outbid, $3 won him)
    $1 Jagr (got outubd, $9 won him)
    $0 PA Parenteau
    (three other guys that never got to since I got 3 of my top four)

I would guess that you are not trying to claim enough players.
    Anybody can visually see losing bids by clicking on FAAB Bids.

This is what it says when I click "FAAB" on your site:

Victor Rask Car - C
    $2 Winning Bid
    Team Ramrod $0 (Outbid)
    2 fasth 2 furious $0 (Outbid)

Awarded To:
    In It To Winnik Nov 16,3:22 am avatar
     Brock Nelson NYI - C
    $15 Winning Bid
    Barn Fights $1 (Outbid)
    Awarded To:
    Pylons Nov 16,3:22 am avatar
     Oscar Klefbom Edm - D
    $3 Winning Bid
    Team Ramrod $0 (Outbid)
    Awarded To:
    Midgard Maulers Nov 16,3:22 am avatar

*There's only 4 bids that didn't get their guy.
    And I only see one bid... a $0 bid!!!!... from your team 2 fasth 2 furious).
    So... it appears you didn't line-up any other guys and the ONE guy you DID create a claim for... you didn't bid a single dollar!!!

The previous week, you lost in your $5 bid for Colin Miller ($7 won him) and you only had $0 bid for Dale Weise ($11 won him).
    Again, it means you only put in two claims and only ONE of significant dollars.

The grand summary (from what I see) is that you understand how to make a waiver claim, you understand how to make at least TWO claims, and you understand how to put a dollar amount on a claim.
    So - this seems like sour-grapes to me.
    Make more waiver claims, bid more money, you'll be fine.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Definitely not a hit against the league or anything like that. just saying i've been struggling with the waiver system because its new to me. What you mention in the earlier part of your post, that is what I was after. Looks like i just need to start queueing up a lot more players.
    12 team, keep 9 league, 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G,25 man rosters
    Cats: G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,SHP,SOG//W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C: Getzlaf, Stepan, Krejci, Rakell, H Sedin,
    LW: Pacioretty, Van Riemsdyk, Neal, Lee, Burakovsky
    RW: Perry, Jagr, Boedker, Zibanejad,
    D: Weber, Hedman, Ekman-Larsson, Faulk, Phaneuf, Fowler
    G: Lundqvist, Price, Darling, Howard, Scrivens, Enroth, Greiss

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by yipper005 View Post
    Definitely not a hit against the league or anything like that. just saying i've been struggling with the waiver system because its new to me. What you mention in the earlier part of your post, that is what I was after. Looks like i just need to start queueing up a lot more players.
    It's not always easy when you're new to it, trying to figure out how many players you need to queue. Now you know it's always good to have a backup plan. It's only November, so at least there's still plenty of time to make adjustments.

That being said, you said you are left with open spots. Does that mean you drop them before the waiver period? Why don't you just use them as part of the drop when you claim players? That way, if you don't get any players you want, you still have the guys on your squad, rather than an empty spot. Unless I misunderstanding something...