Thread: League Setup with NHL regular season & Playoffs

Dobber Sports Novice

Default League Setup with NHL regular season & Playoffs

Hey Guys,

I've heard some discussion about leagues that incorporate the NHL regular season along with the playoffs in one fantasy league. I'm just wondering for those who do a league like that - how it actually works? Right now my primary league does a H2H points format with playoffs around the end of the regular season and then drafts a separate (points only) playoff league. Both are salary capped.

We had some discussion at our most recent league dinner meetup about the possibility of combining the two league formats into one big league and then have a big prize for the overall winner. What we were unsure of was how to set up a format like that. Does anybody have a league like that and would like to share their basic setup? Would really appreciate the advice!
    18 team full keeper
    H2H Points - 5G, 4A, 0.25 PIM, 10W, 10SO + other misc categories

C - Tavares, Skinner, Jokinen, Sobotka
    LW - Versteeg, Wheeler, Tanguay, Tlusty
    RW - Eberle, Stafford, Clutterbuck, Halischuk
    D - Yandle, Campbell, Martin, Schenn, White, Harrison
    G - Luongo, Fleury

Reserve - Tedenby, Spaling, Chimera, Gerbe, Hamilton, Markov, D. Savard, Butler
    Minors - Toffoli, Hishon, Grimaldi, Geoffrion, Ferraro, Jensen, Mursak, Terry, Silfverberg, C. Gibson, Tokarski

I...am your father.

Default Re: League Setup with NHL regular season & Playoffs

I have that system. The rules of my league are here:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-h...eper-league-1/

Basically, two trophies and two prize structures. So trading in-season you also have to keep an eye on (and sometimes gamble) players who are on NHL playoff teams. We play that the Top 9 make the playoffs and the Bottom 5 do not. However, the Bottom 5 teams still track playoff points because their points come off their regular season total (which could impact draft position). This year I had the best playoff team with the most playoff players. And I finished fifth - and we pay Top 4. So just like the NHL...nothing is guaranteed!

In another keeper league, 13 teams, all teams compete for the playoff trophy. I won that one
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi