Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 5

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: 2015 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    LOL! True, but it's still fun to read them and see how their computer generated rankings compare to our draft thoughts. I know I veered off from their rankings with most of my picks but still managed to score a B.

Those first five or six picks that I made from my phone may be the down fall for me though as I didn't really pay attention to bye weeks. Week 7 is not going to be kind to me.

With the 1st overall, I had a tough choice to make. I really wanted Bell but with him missing the first couple games, I couldn't do it. I have been burned by AP before so there was no way I was taking him. I won't lie, I damn near too Marshawn Lynch 1st overall but I hate the Shithawks and I was just as happy with Lacy.
    Lacy has been my consensus 1.01 all offseason. Highest floor of any RB, and with the injuries to the WRs in Green Bay, he might have the highest ceiling too. Plus near the end of the season they really started using him in the pass game. As long as he plays 16 games (and I have no injury worries with Lacy), I'd be surprised if he wasn't the top RB of the season.

The Wolverine

Carnival of Sproles

Wasn't expecting much going in, though did a bit of prep just so I wasn't lost.

1) Adrian Peterson, RB: Didn't expect to have all three of AP, Lynch and Charles for me to choose from. All are solid but all have risk. Took AP but easily could've drafted the other two.
    2) Randall Cobb, WR: Considered going RB-RB and just before my pick I had Forsett on the queue. Alas, he got nabbed before me so decided on my top available WR.
    3) DeAndre Hopkins, WR: Wanted a second RB here and had Gore on my queue but once again, he was nabbed the pick before me. I didn't want other RB this early so took another solid WR.
    4) Doug Martin, RB: Knew I wanted a RB and was willing to reach to get one. Martin obviously has risk and possibly could've got him later but had him ranked higher and went with it without regret. Hope it works out as a solid RB2.
    5) Chris Ivory, RB: Knowing I had two RB with risk (though, which RB aren't risky?), I wanted a third. With two WR already and plenty of QBs still on the board, figured Ivory could be good insurance in case of better matchups, other injuries or bye weeks. However, didn't realise that he has the same bye week as AP so will have to look at my options leading up to that week.
    6) Ben Roethlisberger, QB: Time for a QB and Big Ben is a solid QB1. I'll take that in round 6.
    7) Jason Witten, TE: Ugh. I was ready to draft Martavis Bryant and once again taken just before my pick! I wasn't planning on taking a TE this early but since I could wait for WR I thought he might have a solid season.
    8) Eddie Royal, WR: I wanted my third WR and Royal could give me some upside as a WR3. Depends on Jeffery's health, too.
    9) Kendall Wright, WR: Just another WR who should get plenty of targets so will be a matchup/bye week play.
    10) Knile Davis, RB:I wasn't sure about other guys at this point so decided on Charles' handcuff, if he can't stay healthy.
    11) Carson Palmer, QB: Let's get my second QB for bye week play and made sure this time to check it wasn't the same as Big Ben's.
    12) Jerick McKinnon, RB: There may have been better RB available but needed AP's handcuff, just in case.
    13) Miami, DEF: Projected to be solid to start the season, it's worth taken them now. Plus, they're my favourite team.
    14) Doug Baldwin, WR: Another depth option to use for matchups or bye weeks.
    15) Caleb Sturgis, K: A kicker is a kicker, but at least I get my favourite team's one.

QB: Roethlisberger, Palmer
    RB: Peterson, Martin, Ivory, Davis, McKinnon
    WR: Cobb, Hopkins, Royal, Wright, Baldwin
    TE: Witten
    K: Sturgis
    DEF: Miami

Dobber Sports Grand Master

BadonkaGronk: I actually did quite a few mock drafts to prepare for this one (love having the draft order set early), so I was pretty prepared for this one. I basically knew what my team was going to be before the draft even started, so of course it didn't turn out that way. Actually pretty close though. For better or worse, I got my guys. Yahoo has rated my team to go 2-11 and finish last place in the league, which they do every year, so oh well lol. First year I can remember where Peng actually likes my team. I drafted 12th at the turn, so I'll group my picks.

Rounds 1-2: DeMarco Murray (RB) and Jeremy Hill (RB). I had a list of 5 guys I liked here. CJ Anderson, Julio, and Deymarius were the other three. Calvin scares me (even though I love him) as does the 12 game phenom OBJ. CJA, Julio, and Deymarius were the three picks before me so this was easy. The only downside with Murray is this locks me into taking Mathews to handcuff earlier than I would like. Ended up costing me Bradford (see later).

Rounds 3-4: Jonathan Stewart (RB) and Brandon Marshall (WR). Well, Andre Johnson was my guy here. I definitely wanted to go WR/WR. But Loch took him 3 picks sooner, so I just stuck to my pre-draft ranks. JStew will always have injury risk, but for the bye weeks as my RB3, most analysts think he'd be an early to late RD2 guy without those injury flags. Didn't think I could pass on that value. Marshall was my receiver. Fitzmagic, for all his faults, has a tendency to lock onto his #1 guy, and Marshall was a RD2 WR last year. I don't think he deserved as big of a downgrade this season as he has gotten. Only other player I was considering here was Amari Cooper, because I knew I could wait on my Round 5/6 WRs.

Rounds 5-6: Allen Robinson (WR) and Jeremy Maclin (WR). ARob was actually my 39th ranked player, so to get him here at 60 I like. Before his foot injury he was a target monster in Jax last year, and I think he will do the same this year. Bortles is decent enough to at least be onn target, and Jax will likely have to throw a lot because they will be playing from behind. The preseason sold me on Maclin. Guy was the #9 WR last year and I got him in Round 6 because he went from the Eagles to the Chiefs. I don't expect him to be WR9, but KC has shown they are willing to manufacture his touches. Maclin is much better than Dwayne Bowe. At this point of the draft, I feel I've set my full starting lineup and can start grabbing upside/depth.

Rounds 7-8: Charles Johnson (WR) and Ryan Mathews (RB). I've taken my last RB. The downside of Murray is Mathews is a big enough name that you have to take him early to protect yourself. If Murray goes down, Mathews will be the man. So I had to take him here. If I would have gotten CJA in Round 1/2 or Andre Johnson in Round 3/4, then one of these picks would have been Bradford. Alas, I think Charles Johnson is going to soak up targets from TB, and I wanted a 4th receiver for bye weeks. I'm comfortable with my top 4 at each position and see lots of value at QB, so I think I'm going to wait 2 more rounds for QB (Ryan, Romo, Bradford Stafford, Eli, Cam all still on the board)

Rounds 9-10: Eli Manning (QB) and Cam Newton (QB). The QB Run I was expecting happens. Watch Ryan, Romo, Stafford, and my darling Bradford all go off the board. Don't feel comfortable with just one of these guys, so I take the two remaining from this "tier". I'll just play the matchups each week. All though with news that Funchess is now hurt, Cam might have nobody to throw to and will be unplayable. Might have to run a ton more now though.

Rounds 11-12: Tyler Eifert (TE) and DeVante Parker (WR). TE and depth. TE at this point is basically a dart throw. Don't really like having two Bengals, but Eifert has as much upside as anyone left. Might as well roll the dice. Before he got hurt last season, Bengals were planning to have him heavily involved, and now Gresham is gone. #2 behind AJ for targets there. As for Parker, just think he has big upside if he gets healthy, but regret not taking Stevie Johnson, who would be safer. Thought Johnson would last another swing.

Round 13-15: Phillip Dorsett (WR), Cody Parkey (K), and Jets (DST). Shit, I need a WR for week 5 bye weeks, pick someone! Ok Dorsett, sure, whatever. Kickers and defense, meh. I like kickers on high scoring offenses, and the Jets have the best Dline in football (probably) and the play the Browns week 1. I'll probably be streaming DSTs anyways.

Overall, basically got who I wanted. Sad about Bradford. Happy with my team. Happy that Yahoo doesn't like my team because I think their projections are junk.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Carnival of Sproles

Wasn't expecting much going in, though did a bit of prep just so I wasn't lost.

1) Adrian Peterson, RB: Didn't expect to have all three of AP, Lynch and Charles for me to choose from. All are solid but all have risk. Took AP but easily could've drafted the other two.
    2) Randall Cobb, WR: Considered going RB-RB and just before my pick I had Forsett on the queue. Alas, he got nabbed before me so decided on my top available WR.
    3) DeAndre Hopkins, WR: Wanted a second RB here and had Gore on my queue but once again, he was nabbed the pick before me. I didn't want other RB this early so took another solid WR.
    4) Doug Martin, RB: Knew I wanted a RB and was willing to reach to get one. Martin obviously has risk and possibly could've got him later but had him ranked higher and went with it without regret. Hope it works out as a solid RB2.
    5) Chris Ivory, RB: Knowing I had two RB with risk (though, which RB aren't risky?), I wanted a third. With two WR already and plenty of QBs still on the board, figured Ivory could be good insurance in case of better matchups, other injuries or bye weeks. However, didn't realise that he has the same bye week as AP so will have to look at my options leading up to that week.
    6) Ben Roethlisberger, QB: Time for a QB and Big Ben is a solid QB1. I'll take that in round 6.
    7) Jason Witten, TE: Ugh. I was ready to draft Martavis Bryant and once again taken just before my pick! I wasn't planning on taking a TE this early but since I could wait for WR I thought he might have a solid season.
    8) Eddie Royal, WR: I wanted my third WR and Royal could give me some upside as a WR3. Depends on Jeffery's health, too.
    9) Kendall Wright, WR: Just another WR who should get plenty of targets so will be a matchup/bye week play.
    10) Knile Davis, RB:I wasn't sure about other guys at this point so decided on Charles' handcuff, if he can't stay healthy.
    11) Carson Palmer, QB: Let's get my second QB for bye week play and made sure this time to check it wasn't the same as Big Ben's.
    12) Jerick McKinnon, RB: There may have been better RB available but needed AP's handcuff, just in case.
    13) Miami, DEF: Projected to be solid to start the season, it's worth taken them now. Plus, they're my favourite team.
    14) Doug Baldwin, WR: Another depth option to use for matchups or bye weeks.
    15) Caleb Sturgis, K: A kicker is a kicker, but at least I get my favourite team's one.

QB: Roethlisberger, Palmer
    RB: Peterson, Martin, Ivory, Davis, McKinnon
    WR: Cobb, Hopkins, Royal, Wright, Baldwin
    TE: Witten
    K: Sturgis
    DEF: Miami
    LOL! Reading through your picks, it sounds almost identical to my thinking as the draft went along.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    LOL! Reading through your picks, it sounds almost identical to my thinking as the draft went along.
    I wonder if that is a good or bad thing?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I wonder if that is a good or bad thing?
    I guess we will find out soon enough.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Powerplay QB
    1. (9) C.J. Anderson (Den - RB) - Best (in my opinion) RB option left. After last year's RB fiasco I was getting one early.
    2. (16) Andrew Luck (Ind - QB) - Elite QBs are the highest scoring players in this format... and I had no faith in one getting to me in R3 (also, I had to rely on Tannehill last year, that scars a man)
    3. (33) Andre Johnson (Ind - WR) - Good target on a pass happy team, not elite but he should produce.
    4. (40) Amari Cooper (Oak - WR) - Love what I've seen in the pre-season... and I think Oakland is sufficiently improved on D to get their offense back out there more often this year
    5. (57) Arian Foster (Hou - RB) - This one is for the playoffs - he's out but should be back for the 2nd half, could be a huge boost for the playoffs.
    6. (64) Giovani Bernard (Cin - RB) - ... in the meantime, someone needs to fill the RB2 slot for the first half
    7. (81) Marvin Jones (Cin - WR) - Back to back Bengals... it's a bold strategy Cotton. Need WR, don't hate Jones.
    8. (88) Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR) - Again, WR by commitee, and I don't hate Larry
    9. (105) Austin Seferian-Jenkins (TB - TE) - Eh... dunno, have to fill roster spots, but feel I should have gone back-up QB here with guys like Bradford & Eli on the board.
    10. (112) Houston (Hou - DEF) - Filling holes, nobody I loved at this spot so went by team need. Meh.
    11. (129) Stedman Bailey (StL - WR) - Fingers crossed, Don't need him to produce, but if he pans out it could help.
    12. (136) Derek Carr (Oak - QB) - As I say, Oakland should be better (this is not a recording) and the receiving core is better for him this year
    13. (153) Antonio Gates (SD - TE) - Same as Foster. He'll miss the first half but should be back before the playoffs to provide a boost.
    14. (160) Khiry Robinson (NO - RB) - CJ Spiller is brittle, he goes down and someone has to carry the ball, Khiry might be that guy ~shrug~
    15. (177) Matt Prater (Det - K) - Last round - it's kicker time, and Prater plays in a dome half the year.

Nothing nearly as awesome as taking Odell in the last round last year... of course I dropped Odell before he started contributing because of a combination of impatience and lack of RB depth. So, more patience this year, it's all about the playoffs.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Team-By-Team STARTING Units:

AXEMAN33 (TD's N Beer): P.Manning (QB), Lacy-Ellington (RB), Jeffery-Hilton-S.Smith (WR), M.Bennett (TE), DEN (D)
    ZORRO (Zorro's LongSnap): M.Ryan (QB), L.Bell-L.Miller (RB), M.Evans-Tate-K.Allen (WR), C.Clay (TE), PHI (D)
    InForAPENNY (BettmanF): Rodgers (QB), Gore-Abdullah (RB), A.Brown-D.Adams-M.Wheaton (WR), Donnell (TE), STL (D)

HORRORFAN (C o' Sproles): Roethb'r (QB), AP-D.Mart (RB), Cobb-Hopkins-Royal (WR), Witten (TE), MIA (D)
    DOBERS31 (Astapor Unsull): Brees (QB), Lynch-Forsett (RB), Matthews-Decker-Wallace (WR), Graham (TE), BUF (D)
    NEWFCOLLINS (F'Newfs): Wilson (QB), Murray-Charles (RB), Green-D.Jax-Bolding (WR), Olsen (TE), SEA (D)

THE COMISH (F'Hobbit): Bradford (QB), McCoy-Spiller (RB), Dez-Cooks-Watkins (WR), Kelce (TE), BAL (D)
    CANNON (Full Montee): Brady-Kaep (QB), Forte-Ingram (RB), Sanders-V.Jax-J.Brown (WR), Gronk (TE), *TBD* (D)
    LOCH (Powerplay QB): Luck (QB), CJ.A-Foster (RB), A.Johnson-A.Cooper-M.Jones (WR), Sef-Jenk (TE), HOU (D)

ROSS10019 (T.Joique): Stafford (QB), Gordon-Hyde (RB), J.Jones-C.Johnson-Landry (WR), JuliusT (TE), ARI (D)
    PENGWIN7 (Odell-Ay): Tannehill (QB), Randle-Morris (RB), Demary-Odell-Edlman (WR), Rudolph (TE), CAR (D)
    raTAYLOR22 (Badonk): Eli-Cam (QB), DeMarco-J.Hill (RB), Marshall-A.Robinson-Maclin (WR), Eifert (TE), NYJ (D)

Strategies of Interest:

i) I like rataylor's draft. I saw it because he drafted last at the turn, I was next to him. For 8 rounds he hammered away with RBs/WRs drafting 4&4 and then value drafted Eli, Cam, Eifert. Last pick of draft he got the schedule-favorable NYJ D. I think he's got a really good shot to win the league.

ii) cannon rolled with his tried & failed method of not drafting a K/DEF. I actually really like this strategy. He's got two extra position players to see who has value until Week 1 and then he'll go get a Week 1 favourable pick at K/D and drop whoever is weak.

iii) ross10019 has a very interestiing 3-12th round full of question marks with upside or downside. This is the one team that I think has the "range"... he could finish either first or worst... especially dependent on Megatron's health.

iv) loch drafted four straight players whose names starts with A... Luck, Johnson, Cooper, Foster. Does that mean we should give him an "A"? I don't know - but I sure ripped him for late-drafting and dropping Odell last year.

v) The F'Hobbit is chock-full of BAL & DAL & BUF flavour. Love the round 9/11 drafting of Sam Bradford & Flacco. Upside & steady. Nice combo.

vi) props to horrorfan for a draft from midnight-1:30am his time. Perhaps this is the year he jumps back into the playoffs.

vii) Like rataylor, Zorro hammered away with 7 straight rounds of RB/WR... getting FOUR RBs in there before value-drafting Ryan/Romo. If he picks the right guy weekly, he'll be near the top.

viii) axeman drafted from the car, the mobile, the house - you name it. Nice looking team.
    Absolutely love the write up Peng!! Awesome work.. Axe, you are a legend in your own right!! HaHa..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Wolverine

vi) props to horrorfan for a draft from midnight-1:30am his time. Perhaps this is the year he jumps back into the playoffs.
    Should I be concerned about my team if I only get a mention due to making the draft?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Damn... what a start from cannon's "Brady's Bunch".... 27+pts from Brady, 27+pts from Gronk.
    Tough match-up for Zorro!!!

Dobber Sports Deity

I am probably going to win this week but no thanks to Peyton Manning. WTF dude! 4.84 points early in the 4th quarter!!!

Dobber Sports Deity

Peyton projected for 19.92. Actual final - 5.9

Sad sad sad.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Damn... what a start from cannon's "Brady's Bunch".... 27+pts from Brady, 27+pts from Gronk.
    Tough match-up for Zorro!!!
    Ouch!! I feel horrible for Zorro, tough one buddy........Whoaaaa...... WAIT!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Wolverine

Shame Yahoo has removed the matchup smack talk, leaving only the league-wide one. Can't see the same chat happening.

Dobber Sports Deity

I guess we will have to use this thread to do our smackin'