Thread: Rank these goalies (mainly focussed on 2015-2016)

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Rank these goalies (mainly focussed on 2015-2016)

For the league in my sig.

It's important to me that the goalie plays a lot of games OR I get both goalies in the tandem if its a 50-50 split (eg the STL tandem). I obviously want to do well in all categories, but consider a goalie who starts a lot as more valuable than a better goalie who will play 30 gp but have great stats. Part of my weekly h2h strategy is to win the Saves category.

Steve Mason
    Mike Smith
    Ryan Miller
    Jonathan Bernier
    Cam Talbot
    Robin Lehner
    STL tandem
    Det tandem
    Dal tandem
    WPG tandem
    SJ tandem
    Car tandem
    Ott tandem

Quite a lot of good goalies but not many sure things. Having a hard time figuring out how to rank these goalies. I would like to have a tandem from a good team, but I really don't want to be stuck with only 1 goalie in a tandem because it creates week-to-week unpredictability which can sink you.

Rank them however you want - put "DET tandem" or rank the goalies from the tandem on their own. Thanks everyone

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Rank these goalies (mainly focussed on 2015-2016)

I'll give it a try....

STL Tandem
    Dal Tandem
    DET Tandem
    Mason
    SJ Tandem
    Win Tandem
    Ottawa Tandem
    Talbot
    Smith
    Talbot
    Bernier
    Lehner
    CAR Tandem
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Master

The St. Louis tandem is your best bet. If you want a single goaltender who will get lots of starts, my first choice would have to be Lehner. There is nobody in Buffalo to challenge him for starts.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Pro

Depends who takes #1 in St Lu, but I really like Mason and am a huge fan for fantasy. This guy gets no love yet last year (on a terrible team) he was 3rd in save % and 7th in GAA. If he gets a decent defence infront of him his numbers could soar.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

The St Louis tandem is the easy choice here for me. I don't care if it's Elliott or Allen starting, both are quality NHL goalies playing behind a quality NHL team.

From there, it gets a bit tougher. I'd probably go with the Wings tandem and then Steve Mason.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Ottawa is Anderson. No tandem.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    I'll give it a try....

STL Tandem
    Dal Tandem
    DET Tandem
    Mason
    SJ Tandem
    Win Tandem
    Ottawa Tandem
    Talbot
    Smith
    Talbot
    Bernier
    Lehner
    CAR Tandem
    This is a very nice list.
    It's hard because even though a "tandem" is nice to have, in theory, you have to use TWO draft spots to get both.
    Whereas with just ONE guy you could use the other draft pick for a valuable skater.

SV are weird... depending on how many other cats their are... you can sometimes punt quality and simply roster quantity to chase.
    Last year I also targeted the STL & MIN tandems - but it wasn't a great strategy in a SV league because even though I got good WIN/game and good GAA... I didn't get a lot of SV.

That said, I'd say BUMP UP the DAL tandem.
    They'll win games... but the DAL D still sucks so there should be a LOT of shots against: GOOD in SV league.

I don't see anything good in Mike Smith, I'd bump him right to the bottom.
    And young teams, sometimes they strive to limit shots against... since they don't have the firepower to score.
    It wouldn't surprise me to see ARI (esp. w/Vermette & Hanzal healthy) play a more defensive game and give up less shots.

Very, very good list here above though. (REP).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    For the league in my sig.

It's important to me that the goalie plays a lot of games OR I get both goalies in the tandem if its a 50-50 split (eg the STL tandem). I obviously want to do well in all categories, but consider a goalie who starts a lot as more valuable than a better goalie who will play 30 gp but have great stats. Part of my weekly h2h strategy is to win the Saves category.

Steve Mason
    Mike Smith
    Ryan Miller
    Jonathan Bernier
    Cam Talbot
    Robin Lehner
    STL tandem
    Det tandem
    Dal tandem
    WPG tandem
    SJ tandem
    Car tandem
    Ott tandem

Quite a lot of good goalies but not many sure things. Having a hard time figuring out how to rank these goalies. I would like to have a tandem from a good team, but I really don't want to be stuck with only 1 goalie in a tandem because it creates week-to-week unpredictability which can sink you.

Rank them however you want - put "DET tandem" or rank the goalies from the tandem on their own. Thanks everyone
    Not even going to look at the other existing posts cause I want to see if my perspective is in line with the majority.

STL tandem (I think this tandem is far and away the best talent between the pipes behind the best defensive team.
    Det tandem (I see these two as not far behind. Howard due for a bounce back and Mrazek is hungry for the starter's spot)
    Dal tandem (Is Lehtonen and/or Niemi really as bad as their numbers suggest last year? Put them together as 1 tries to resurrect a career in jepordy)
    Ryan Miller (See Above. Just needs to settle in. I think Miller will do his best to hold Markstrom at bay. But Add in Markstrom... maybe I should have deemed this a Tandem)
    Steve Mason (I still think back to Mason's glorious season in Columbus and feel he's gotta be the guy to shake off the Philly Goalie Curse. Atleast as good as the above Tandems)
    Jonathan Bernier (Will continue to develop on a far poorer team. That said... I'm not sure how much worse the leafs can be from a SA%. And Less A Defenseless Kessel...)
    Cam Talbot (Total Wild car here. I think the Oilers are far better this year and I think Talbot is good enough to help them continue their upward trajectory)
    SJ tandem (Not sold on Jones, not sold on Stalock. But also not sold on San Jose being such a bad team. These two will compete)
    Ott Tandem (This is more about Anderson for me and less about whether Hammond is real. Anderson can carry this team... Hammond seems decent enough to back up)
    Mike Smith (My how the once fringe mighty have full fledge fallen off. Watch out for Lindback)
    Robin Lehner (An under achieving prospect goalie with a boat load of injury concerns on a team that sacrifices goalies. Not sold. not yet)
    WPG tandem (Until the "Hellboy" arrives... this tandem I see as hot and cold and unreliable as last year and Pavalec on his own the year before)
    Car tandem (Ewe. Feel sorry for Lack. Does he even really want the starting job here?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Ottawa is Anderson. No tandem.

Totally agree here.