Thread: Backup goalie conundrum Hutchinson or Hammond

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Backup goalie conundrum Hutchinson or Hammond

Need to choose between Hutchinson or Hammond as my backup goalie for the upcoming season. A case could be made for either goalie but interested to hear differing opinions from the Dobber faithful. Hutchinson has the stronger numbers in his complete body of work but Pavelec improved his game down the stretch last year and is still only 27. Just concerned about the actual number of starts Hutch would actually get. Hammond has the opportunity for more starts if Anderson goes down with injury again but does he have the potential for strong numbers or was last year just a perfect storm of circumstances???

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Backup goalie conundrum Hutchinson or Hammond

I really like Hutchinson and believe he has the tools to surprise us yet again.. But you are right when you say Hammond has a good opportunity to play more because Anderson is prone to injuries.. I would want Hutchinson long term, but for the NOW, I would take Hammond..

What are your league details?? Stat cats?? What does your team look like??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Administrator

I would go with Hutchinson based on my opinion of Pavelec being very poor.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

With Lehner out of the picture in Ottawa, I'd take Hammond (actually, I DID take Hammond). Hutch has Hellebuyck coming up behind him to take some starts if either he or Pav get injured. Hammond, on the other hand, is pretty much guaranteed starts when Anderson takes his yearly 10-20 game trip to the IR. I honestly think that if Anderson goes down for an extended period, and Hammond racks up some wins (even if it is because Ottawa looks to have solid goal production this season) he'll end up stealing more starts from Anderson down the stretch again like last season.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If your cats are just Wins/SOs, roll the dice on Hammond because I think he'll play 5-10 more games than Hutch and they have comparable teams in front of them skill-wise.
    If SV% and/or GAA are included, take Hutch - I am a massive Sens fan, but don't think Hammond will anywhere close to the goalie he was during the stretch run. Goalies are voodoo and I'll always take the one with steady numbers (Hutch's worst season from juniors to now was a 904, averaged in the 915 range vs Hammond who ranges from high 800s to 24 games of 941).
    12-man salary cap roto keeper league, 25 roster spots & 8 farm (12 F, 6D, 2G active - max 82GP/spot) - 83M cap, real AAV - G/A/P/PPP/SOGs/Hits/PIM W/GAA/SO
    F: Giroux, Little, Steen, Downie, Perron, Hudler, Bouma, Rinaldo, BSchenn, MKarlsson, Nelson, Spooner, Pastrnak, Bjorkstrand, Panarin
    D: Markov, Sekera, Klingberg, Boychuk, Brodie, Karlsson, Reilly
    G: Miller, Howard, Mrazek
    Farm: Petan, Hellebuyck, Goldobin, Werenski, Beauvillier, DeBrusk, Rychel, Kyle Connor