Thread: Should I try to bring in Andersen to my team?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Should I try to bring in Andersen to my team?

Lehtonen was the only goalie who had value on my team, but that's gone. Anderson isn't worth keeping. The Dubnyk signing make Kuemper a sure drop, and I'm not even going to talk about Backstrom.

Right now, if I had to choose my keepers, they would probably be Stamkos, Wheeler, Palat, D.Sedin, Karlsson, Hedman and Ekblad (rookie).

In my league we usually only keep one (or zero) Dmen. Last year I kept 2 after trading for Hedman. But without a good goalie, I don't have many options this year.

In our upcoming draft, I don't have a 1st round pick, but I have two 2nd round picks. I could probably get to at least an average goalie there.

I know a that the owner of Andersen has him and would be willing to trade him.

My question is: Should I go after him?

The price would probably be at least a 2nd round pick.

Then I think I could flip a guy like Sedin for a 2nd round pick. If not then I would be forced to drop Hedman.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Should I try to bring in Andersen to my team?

I like Andersen for ANA's schedule & daily set leagues.

Here, from your SIG, it suggests this is a "Weekly" Set league, so the "daily set" value is not there.
    Also - settings are only 4F/2D/1G if I read it correctly.

If you keep 7... that means that your 1st/2nd round picks are players #8/#9... valuable players, since if they have a 4-game week, you'll put them in for your 3-game keepers.

I'm gonna say that holding that 2nd round re-draft pick (your 9th player) is more valuable here than trading for Andersen.

Dobber Sports Master

In a vacuum, I would trade a 2nd round pick for Andersen if I had no goalie keepers.

Consider a couple things though...
    You don't have a first round pick, so by giving up your second, you are basically passing on potentially one of the top 60-75 forwards available. You do already have a nice star in Stamkos and a couple of decent forwards, but are you willing to pass on a top 100 forward?
    In a 12 team Keep 6+rookie, there won't be that many goaltenders kept. 12 at most and you aren't keeping any. A goaltender of equal or more value may be available with one of your second round picks anyways. However, one in the hand is worth two in the bush. I personally value Andersen as a top ten goalie. Here is why...
    Andersen has as good, if not better, team in front of him this year as last and should easily score 35 wins (70 points?!) for you this season. Depending on who else is kept (for goalies), how many 35 win guys do you think will be available in round two?
    Jeez, I don't know if I really helped you here. Just offered a couple things to consider I guess.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Star

By my count, if I don't keep a goalie, there will probably be 13 goalies kept.

And by the time I draft at 18th (and 24th), there should be an other 2-3 goalies gone.
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Dobber Sports Genius

I would, especially if Sedin can net you a 2nd in return also. Andersen should out-point Sedin and at least you'll have a guaranteed starting goalie for the cost of swapping 2nds.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Pro

If you can assure a Sedin for a 2nd deal, then I would do that cuz essentially its Sedin (aging star) for Andersen (young goalie on elite team). This solves a massive need on your team, and no guarentee there is a decent goalie around if 13 are being kept and you expect a few more selected at least, before you pick.

- - - Updated - - -

What team has Mason? He is a VERY undervalued however VERY useful fantasy goalie. One of the most underrated fantasy players out there. Try to see what the price is for him.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    Lehtonen was the only goalie who had value on my team, but that's gone. Anderson isn't worth keeping. The Dubnyk signing make Kuemper a sure drop, and I'm not even going to talk about Backstrom.

Right now, if I had to choose my keepers, they would probably be Stamkos, Wheeler, Palat, D.Sedin, Karlsson, Hedman and Ekblad (rookie).

In my league we usually only keep one (or zero) Dmen. Last year I kept 2 after trading for Hedman. But without a good goalie, I don't have many options this year.

In our upcoming draft, I don't have a 1st round pick, but I have two 2nd round picks. I could probably get to at least an average goalie there.

I know a that the owner of Andersen has him and would be willing to trade him.

My question is: Should I go after him?

The price would probably be at least a 2nd round pick.

Then I think I could flip a guy like Sedin for a 2nd round pick. If not then I would be forced to drop Hedman.
    yes i'd flip a 2nd for Andersen. you're right, your goalie situation is quite vanilla and needs a shot in the arm. Your not jeopardizing your team with this move, other than to lose an aging Sedin.

move a 2nd. get a stud goalie. sell Sedin. get a 2nd back. sounds good to me.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Star

Well I went ahead and concluded a trade for Andersen.

The 24th overall (my second pick in the 2nd round) for Andersen and a 9th round pick.

Now I'll try to move D.Sedin. After last season, he still holds some value to some.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by MarmotKing View Post
    Well I went ahead and concluded a trade for Andersen.

The 24th overall (my second pick in the 2nd round) for Andersen and a 9th round pick.

Now I'll try to move D.Sedin. After last season, he still holds some value to some.
    Andy PLUS a ninth in return for the lower second? Good job.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Andy PLUS a ninth in return for the lower second? Good job.
    Thanks!