Thread: Trade for Keeper League

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Trade for Keeper League

H2H, 12 team, Yahoo standard cats.

We keep one at starting position. Currently, I'd keep (of relevant players) Kluber, Hamels, Greinke, and Cueto for SP, Desmond for SS (probably...ugh...I also have Duffy), A. Jones, C. Gomez, and G. Polanco at OF, and Kipnis at 2B.

My team should be awesome, but has had brutal H2H luck this year.

It's actually two trades combined I'm considering, but here's what I'm looking at when bunching them:

I'd give up: R. Odor (2B), C. Hamels (SP), and B. Gardner (OF) -- so one keeper.
    I'd get: C. Carrasco (SP), Kang (SS), K. Wong (2B), and 2nd rounder

A couple factors:
    1. Kipnis is out for a bit, so the 2B swap is kinda important for rest of season. I also would try to move the leftover one in the off-season
    2. Is Carrasco gonna be better going forward. I'm high on him, but Hamels has been pretty good (although oldish). Is the 2nd enough to off-set things?
    3. Is there a chance I end up keeping Kang at SS -- I know very little about this guy.
    4. If I did this deal, I'd grab Granderson from the wire -- which would be my FINAL move (but I'm deep enough at each position to cover injury...)

Thoughts?
    (And thanks for working through the long-winded post)
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Trade for Keeper League

This trade feels like a wash to me.

Hamels and Carrasco are pretty much even. Advanced stats say that Carrasco should be great but he's had one too many blowups to be a true ace yet.

Odor has played much better since his demotion and is essentially a Kolten Wong type player. I don't see much of an upgrade here for the rest of the season.

Gardiner is a pretty strong fantasy outfielder. It would depend on what type of player a second round pick got you but Kang isn't keeper worthy yet at this stage in his career. He could be a decent back end of the top 10 fantasy shortstop next year but I'd still keep Desmond over him.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin

Dobber Sports Guru

Thanks. Evidently, I've given Rep to you most recently?! So I can't hook you up.

I'm gonna see if I can get a bit more from these deals.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree with Nuge that I don't know if your team is better long term if you accept the various deals. Since the best players you'd be getting back are worse than what you have as your keepers and then you lose a very good OF and one of the better pitchers in the game despite being older. I say pass and hit the waiver wire although with Hamels going down with the groin pull may make him untradeable until he has recovered.
    Former Dobber Baseball Writer/Contributor - Top 150 Hitters, Top 100 SP and Top 50 RP Rankings.

Main Roster:
    C: Robert Thomas, Ryan O'Reilly, Casey Mittlestaddt, Vincent Trockhek, Dylan Strome, Brock Nelson, Troy Terry, Colin White
    RW: Nikita Kucherov, Sam Reinhart, Vladimir Tarasenko, Mats Zucarello,
    LW: Jason Robertson, Nikolaj Ehlers, Max Comtois, Zach Hyman, Christian Dvorak, James VanRiemsdyk, Andrew Mangiapane
    D: Erik Karlsson, Shea Theodore, John Klingberg, Travis Sanheim, Mike Reilly
    G: Carey Price, Juuse Saros, Elvis Merzlikins, Petr Mrazek