Thread: Keeper help

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Keeper help

Went for the win last season, so I don't have a lot of early picks (just one in the first three rounds).

I have Forte, DeMarco Murray, A.J. Green, Stafford and Julius Thomas.

I can only keep three of them.

Start QB, QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN.

Basic Yahoo scoring settings, except halved when it comes to yards (ie- Rushing yards is 20 yards per point, instead of 10 yards per point).

I'm thinking I have to go with Forte, Murray and Stafford, but I wanted to see if there were any other suggestions.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Keeper help

In a 2 QB league you have to keep Stafford!

then for me I would probably keep one RB and one WR

I think you have to keep Murray - Philadelphia didn't obtain the top RB from last year to throw the ball more.
    My other keeper would be Green - he was a top 3 receiver before last season, then he battled injury which effected him big time.

Forte is not as good as Murray, so unless you want to keep to RBs then you gotta let him go.
    I think Manning is going to see a steep decline this year effecting Thomas value
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

I like Forte Murray and Green but you have to keep Stafford here somehow..

Look at Forte and Murray closely and cut one of those guys.. I wouldn't be dropping AJ Green!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

-Do not drop AJ Green!!!
    -Flip a coin between Forte and Murray. Forte has been the most reliable RB in fantasy for the past 4 seasons now. But with a new OC and a tough division will surely see a dip in his numbers from last year. Murray is going to be on a very run heavy team. He won't get 400 touches but I think he's in line for plenty of TD's
    -JThomas isn't even an option. He's no longer in Denver and thus no longer a top 3 TE in fantasy.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd be keeping Forte, Green and Stafford.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

I would probably be looking at keeping Green and Stafford, plus whoever you like better between Forte and Murray.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree with everyone in that you must keep Green and Stafford, unfortunately both of your RB's aren't my idea of elite anymore (some situational factors, some decline/regression factors).

I think I would lean towards keeping Murray however, a bit younger, will stay fresh with R. Matthews there along with Sproles, and the o-line is still no joke in Philly. Forte won't sniff the record he set last year with the new OC, not to mention they no longer have a great one-two punch in B.Marsh and Jeffery. This might tempt teams to pull over the top coverage (on White) while adding to the box.

It's not much of an argument, and it's based solely on speculation, but it's enough to make me feel slightly more comfortable in the idea of keeping Murray over Forte.

GL this season,

CT
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Guru

Thanks for the help folks. For now, I've put out a message saying I need to trade one of the four, and will see what offers I get for any of them.

I may be leaning toward letting Stafford go, however. Last year I was able to get Flacco in the fourth round, and Alex Smith went that late as well. Eli Manning was there in the fifth. So I may keep the two RBs and WRs, and then I can focus on QBs while everyone else has to focus on the other positions.

I do know that there is one guy not keeping any QBs, and one not keeping any RBs.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Dobber Sports Pro

I would be dropping Julius Thomas out of those players.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Expert

Stafford Green and Murray are your keepers.

Thomas is in a very very bad offense, even if he is the go-to guy in the red zone, the Jags will struggle to get there. He is also very injury prone and is injured already in preseason. Cut him.

Forte hits the 30 years old mark this year, a demise for any running back. The losses on the Bears offense shuold help him but he slowed down a lot last year and Trestman had a high powered offense geared towards the running back. I'd stick with Murray easily over him whose in a much higher octane O in Philly

Dobber Sports Guru

Thanks for the help all. I went back and forth on it a lot (last night was our deadline). I decide to drop Stafford, and went with Green, Murray and Forte. My thinking is that it will be easier to pick up a QB in the draft than an RB. I don't have my first or third round picks, but some QBs available include Brady, Romo, Ryan, E. Manning, Flacco, Cutler, Stafford, Smith, etc.

Dobber Sports Guru

Just wanted to update this thread a little as I agonized over this decision a lot. As I mentioned, I kept Green, Murray and Forte. Green was excellent this season. Murray has been awful. Forte a little better, but injured for part of the season. Stafford was still there at my second round pick, but I passed on him for Tony Romo. My QB situation now stands at Alex Smith, Schaub and Foles.

As you can guess, I am easily in last place in the league (I now sit at 5-8, which is even worse when you find out I started 3-0).

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Just wanted to update this thread a little as I agonized over this decision a lot. As I mentioned, I kept Green, Murray and Forte. Green was excellent this season. Murray has been awful. Forte a little better, but injured for part of the season. Stafford was still there at my second round pick, but I passed on him for Tony Romo. My QB situation now stands at Alex Smith, Schaub and Foles.

As you can guess, I am easily in last place in the league (I now sit at 5-8, which is even worse when you find out I started 3-0).
    You can't win them all newf!! Glad you kept Green though..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

For me its Stafford, Green, and Forte... Too many question marks around Demarco Murray and a new team. Especially when he struggled so mightily last year. Forte catches and runs very effectively. Jets are a strong run team and without a good QB they'll need to force the run game. Go with the odds on this one- FORTE
    10 Team H2H Baseball- Cats

R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG, XBH
    W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

C: D. Jansen
    1B: P. Goldschmidt
    2B: J. Villar
    3B: E. Suarez
    SS: J. Peraza
    OF: M. Trout
    OF: G. Stanton
    OF: A. Benintendi
    UTIL: G. Springer
    UTIL: J. Gallo
    P: T. Bauer
    P: Z. Wheeler
    RP: T. Glasnow
    RP: K. Maeda
    P: G. Marquez
    P: L. Castillo
    P: S. Bieber
    P: C. McHugh

Bench: J. Profar, T. White, M. Smith, C. Martinez (SP), G. Holland

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by oilspill23 View Post
    For me its Stafford, Green, and Forte... Too many question marks around Demarco Murray and a new team. Especially when he struggled so mightily last year. Forte catches and runs very effectively. Jets are a strong run team and without a good QB they'll need to force the run game. Go with the odds on this one- FORTE
    Sorry, a year too late! I originally posted this last August.