Thread: Gibbons Sanchez suspended 3 games

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Gibbons Sanchez suspended 3 games

what a complete joke. mlb is basically saying what kc did was alright. mlb is an embarrassment.:

Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings | HardballTalk via teamstre.am: 3gms

Definitely an appeal here and with enough media and fan pressure mlb will recind it after wiping egg off their face.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Gibbons Sanchez suspended 3 games

I expected some sort of discipline for Gibbons considering he came back on the field after getting ejected, but I didn`t see Sanchez getting some sort of suspension. That part is just stupid.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Absolute ****ing horseshit. **** you MLB

Dobber Sports Expert

Interesting article on this subject. Granted, it is written by a Kansas City journalist, but it actually kind of looks like the blame is to share. Read if you want, or don’t, your choice.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...e29939076.html

Dobber Sports Titan

Only Gibbons suspension should have happened. It's pretty clear a kicked out player/coach can't come back.

Sanchez's suspension is stupid without suspending/fining any KC player/coach. Him getting kicked out in a vacuum circumstance is justifiable. HOWEVER, with all that happened in the game, he shouldn't have been kicked out, no way no how. Now because he was kicked out for "throwing at someone" that's why he was suspended. The MLB is just backing Wolf on this one i think, but 3 games is too much.

The Jays are clearly not respected by the officiating crews in the league because of how the players treat them, could be why the throws by KC went longer than they should, and how quickly they tossed Sanchez.

Sanchez can play because Toronto is appealing the suspension and the suspension starts when the appeal is heard i think. So he'll be playing tonight, and for sure pitching at some point. If it holds up, 3 games rest could do well if it lands on the Athletics games. Knowing the disrespect of the Jays tho, the hearing will happen when the Yankees series starts this week
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Only Gibbons suspension should have happened. It's pretty clear a kicked out player/coach can't come back.

Sanchez's suspension is stupid without suspending/fining any KC player/coach. Him getting kicked out in a vacuum circumstance is justifiable. HOWEVER, with all that happened in the game, he shouldn't have been kicked out, no way no how. Now because he was kicked out for "throwing at someone" that's why he was suspended. The MLB is just backing Wolf on this one i think, but 3 games is too much.

The Jays are clearly not respected by the officiating crews in the league because of how the players treat them, could be why the throws by KC went longer than they should, and how quickly they tossed Sanchez.

Sanchez can play because Toronto is appealing the suspension and the suspension starts when the appeal is heard i think. So he'll be playing tonight, and for sure pitching at some point. If it holds up, 3 games rest could do well if it lands on the Athletics games. Knowing the disrespect of the Jays tho, the hearing will happen when the Yankees series starts this week
    he can always drop the appeal just b4 As series

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    he can always drop the appeal just b4 As series
    I was thinking before the next series starting Friday they have the hearing, so he'll be suspended for that 3 game series vs the Yankees this weekend. May be smart to push it too the A's series, then stop and revoke it. Have him out that one and really rested for the next series after the A's, which happens to be the Yankees again.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Pretty good article actually, and I think he was being fair.

My problem is the lack of common sense by the ump throughout the game.
    First of all... issuing a warning in the 1st inning? You're just asking for trouble the rest of the game. Every single inside pitch, for the rest of the game... you have to make a decision about intent.
    Secondly, the decisions about that intent have to revolve around the situation at that time. Was it a coincidence that Donaldson got 2 more pitches up and in which certainly would have hit him, had he not been so quick to avoid them? The same hitter that already got hit once very high, and was killing the Royals in the series.
    And then Tulo gets hit. Is it a coincidence that he's one of the best hitters on the Jays?

No consequences for any of that.
    Thirdly, look who Sanchez hits. Like he said himself, like Zaun said... intent would have been throwing at one of the Royals' big hitters. Tit for tat. Sanchez is one of the wildest young arms in the game. His whole resume is out there for everyone to see. Great stuff. Incredible movement actually. And very minimal command of his pitches. Tonnes of walks when he was a starter.

Maybe he threw at the guy. Odd time to do it. I don't even have a problem with throwing him out of the game.
    But the Royals' pitchers threw at Donaldson and Tulo earlier... after a warning had already been issued... and nothing was done.
    Had at least one of those guys been tossed, the Sanchez pitch is completely moot.
    I pretty much agree with all that you say here! I also thought it would be an odd choice to plunk the Royals #9 hitter when there were two out. Those high pitches to Donaldson had to have some consequences (especially after the warning). The ump seemed incompetent and/or he had an axe to grind with the Blue Jays - either way, unacceptable.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Gibbons deserves the suspension, Sanchez deserves not to be suspended..

That umpire made some really bad decisions yesterday!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

​well Sanchez dropped his appeal. Suspension starts tonite.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I just realized that I missed an opportunity to have fun with the title of this thread...who the hell is Gibbons Sanchez? Is he that new Dominican pitcher Toronto picked up last year? Is he related to Aaron Sanchez?