Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Traded Rask for Holtby and sweetener

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Traded Rask for Holtby and sweetener

It's close but I prefer Rask to Holtby. But I prefer by a lot what the Capitals are building to the bruins direction. With the switch, I think it's a good trade for you.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Administrator

As long as you didn't get actual sweetener in the deal I'm fine with it. That shit is just gross.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    As long as you didn't get actual sweetener in the deal I'm fine with it. That shit is just gross.
    Heck of a deal IMO

VS

+
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Heck of a deal IMO

I hate you.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I hate you.
    Awww, thanks E.D. that's sweet of you

Hehe, enough thread hijacking... Fung; you did well buddy. Enjoy Holtby for years to come! Hope that pick (cherry) blossoms into a great player as well. Let us know who you get with it when you're up.
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Heck of a deal IMO

VS

+

Well played lol.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I tried this exact trade at the end of last season. Holtby owner also owned M. Smith and was upset that G category is big part of our league. I tossed out Rask for Holtby and swap draft picks (10th for 15th or something) Everybody was telling him to take the deal!! Then the playoffs hit and Holtby looked great and he backed out. I was thinking I would be a step ahead moving Rask but the window closed!

Good swap for you. Trotts will only make him better own the next few years IMO.

Steve
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Pro

Maybe I am not as high on Holtby or as low on BOS as anyone else.

Boston was horrible lat year, they did not have Chara, they had injuries throughout the lineup.
    Holtby had a break out year, WAS was very good and I am pretty sure almost everything went well.
    Besides Wins, the stats are quite close.

I actually have Holtby and Rask, so I am hoping they both do well, but I still see Rask as being the better goalie and having a higher upside. I mean if Bos had kept Hamilton, there would be no doubt that Rask would be the way to go, at least now it is closer.

If Holtby can continue to grow and improve that may change, but let's see Holtby and the Caps take that next step. We will see.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    Maybe I am not as high on Holtby or as low on BOS as anyone else.

Boston was horrible lat year, they did not have Chara, they had injuries throughout the lineup.
    Holtby had a break out year, WAS was very good and I am pretty sure almost everything went well.
    Besides Wins, the stats are quite close.

I actually have Holtby and Rask, so I am hoping they both do well, but I still see Rask as being the better goalie and having a higher upside. I mean if Bos had kept Hamilton, there would be no doubt that Rask would be the way to go, at least now it is closer.

If Holtby can continue to grow and improve that may change, but let's see Holtby and the Caps take that next step. We will see.
    The easy answer here is skill-wise, Rask seems to have a slight edge, but that his performance with the B's last year (which had a better team than this year's rebuild edition) combined with the fact that Holtby gained an extra year of experience and will play on an improved Caps team, has many of us favour his side.

Holtby has a mix of skill while being in a good situation (good team). I'll take that combination any day when picking a goalie for fantasy purposes!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm sorta with Chuk on this one. Maybe I'm just slow to change, but Tuukka's star hasn't fallen that far yet in my mind. Holtby had a very, very slight edge on GAA and sv% in a season where I think most people would agree was not up to Tuukka's usual stats. He crushed Tuukka on wins.

Now, I won't try and make the case that Boston improved over last year in this offseason, because they didn't. What I will argue is that Boston is a better team than what the results showed last year and it won't take much for them to be right back in the playoffs mix next year. As it is, they were 1 win out of a playoff spot, and only 5 points behind Holtby's Washington in the standings. You think they can't hang with Ottawa, Detroit, Buffalo, Florida, and Toronto? This is still a solid team that could just as easily break 100 points as it could miss the playoffs.

I think taking Holtby over Rask is a risk, but not a bad one. It's not inconceivable that Holtby will be the better own going forward.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I own Rask and took him in the first round of our keeper league two seasons ago. Looking at Rask last few seasons (2009/10 to 2014/15) brings up a few things.
    only in the last three years has Rask become a fulltime starter. He played 36, 58, and 70 games. However, this was a lock out season, an olympic year, and last year was his first full season as the "STUD" goalie for a club. Last year was the first season that Rask was tasked with standing in the net and being a wall no matter what.

I think we can expect to see a better Rask next year ,and frankly, the Bruins will need him to be better to balance the loss of skill in the roster. I don't think we will see better stats from Rask as that takes into account the total team but he will be better player next year.

Both Rask and Holtby played in 70 games. This might be something to think about: MAN GAMES LOST. Washington had a very healthy squad with almost all key players turning in very healthy seasons. Boston was not as bad a the AVS or CBJ but they lost several man games to key players. The #1 Defender (Chara) and #1 Forward (Krejic) missed large parts of the season. These two things are enough to expect a better year from Rask. He has now played a non olympics, non lockout, full season and we should expect to see a more healthy sqaud next year (even if less talent top to bottom)

I was still willing to take a chance on Holtby for the next few years. For two reason: Barry Trotz and Mitch Korn. It is no surprise to see Holtby have great year. I also own Rinne and would have swapped Rask for Holtby and a pick. Not that he has a better skill set but I see this team in good hands coaching wise. Trotz will be Trotz and require accountability.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The way Boston is going, I would have taken this deal aswell.. Washington is going for it and will get a ton of wins!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..