Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo supposed to open on Aug 3 already?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Yahoo supposed to open on Aug 3 already?

I read it here: http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/mess...la%2Cd%2C1%2C3

According to that guy it will open tomorrow.

Does anyone else know more about this? Is there someone else that got this e-mail? Or are we just being trolled (perhaps by a football fan)?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Yahoo supposed to open on Aug 3 already?

That seems early. I'm used to Yahoo Fantasy Hockey being open for business in late August.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Pro

Much earlier than normal for Yahoo!
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Wolverine

Thanks for posting but I'll believe it when I see it, especially when it comes from random posters on the yahoo boards without confirmation.

If they do, then my hard work has paid off! At the beginning of May, I requested a beginning of August opening and perhaps they were listening after all. Let's hope, but not holding my breath.

The thread:

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/2...2015-16-season

They don't even have a 'coming soon' message on the main league page (I think they do sometimes), or a general look that shows it's opening. It's still in archive mode.

Dobber Sports Monster

What a lame thing to troll about. Assuming this is a troll; what email would he be referring to? Yahoo never sends out emails telling people ahead of time when Fantasy is opening. And if they did, everyone would get the emails not just random people.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Yahoo never sends out emails telling people ahead of time when Fantasy is opening. And if they did, everyone would get the emails not just random people.
    My point. I know that you can choose the option to get an e-mail in your team settings. But I guess that's only for specific leagues.

Well, I was thinking that it's BS, that's why I wanted to ask whether there's anyone that received the e-mail too. If it were several people it could've something.

Dobber Sports Star

ive been BORED AS SHIT since the playoffs ended. dobber guide being released + yahoo opening early (to confirm postion eligibility) would give me shit to do till the draft!
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Irriducibile11 View Post
    My point. I know that you can choose the option to get an e-mail in your team settings. But I guess that's only for specific leagues.

Well, I was thinking that it's BS, that's why I wanted to ask whether there's anyone that received the e-mail too. If it were several people it could've something.
    I am subscribed to all Yahoo email notifications of leagues opening. It has never told me that Fantasy Hockey is opening ahead of time. Most of the time it will tell me weeks after it actually opens.

Yahoo is truly pathetic in a lot of aspects. Is it any surprise Google overtook them in the late 90s? If there was Google Fantasy Hockey how much do you want to bet it wouldn't shut down during the summer and would be dynasty league compatible?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Yahoo is truly pathetic in a lot of aspects
    Unfortunately I have to agree, I've been trying to move leagues to ESPN or elsewhere for years.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I read it here: http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/mess...la%2Cd%2C1%2C3

According to that guy it will open tomorrow.

Does anyone else know more about this? Is there someone else that got this e-mail? Or are we just being trolled (perhaps by a football fan)?

???
    The link said it would open at 6pm Eastern. So I guess we'll see... tick, tick.
    Crossing fingers that they straighten out positional-eligibility... but if it opens "early"... it's probably as unlikely as ever.

I did not that the guy who started the thread had listed his email in another of his posts and it was an @yahoo email.
    So perhaps it was a small email blast either to those that have an @yahoo email or those that signed up in one of those old Pay Leagues they had... or something like that.

I've been enjoying my first real league on Fantrax.
    I recall last year that Greg Wyshinski tweeted that he set up the Yahoo! "Rank".
    That's a key thing, to put the guys in order... because to do that you need "projections"... and I'm really curious where Yahoo! is gonna get them from... or maybe they straight use Matt Cubeta's Top 200 from the last month.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Unfortunately I have to agree, I've been trying to move leagues to ESPN or elsewhere for years.
    Yep, we recently moved to Fantrax. Yahoo! just wasnt cutting it for the power end user.

Dobber Sports Titan

tick tock tick
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    tick tock tick
    I think it's BS...

I read the other posts in that Yahoo thread and they were calling out the OP and asking him to post the email he received stating this info. A guy claiming he got the email replied that he was not able to (B.S.!) and when another member called him out on it, he went silent...

I think the ''tick tock'' will be ticking until late August and stop then as per their usual opening schedule!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post

I read the other posts in that Yahoo thread and they were calling out the OP and asking him to post the email he received stating this info. A guy claiming he got the email replied that he was not able to (B.S.!) and when another member called him out on it, he went silent...
    Yeah that was me

Actually I wanted to ask him "you can't post it because you don't know how copy-paste works or because the e-mail doesn't exist?"

Dobber Sports Giant

Yeah that was me

Actually I wanted to ask him "you can't post it because you don't know how copy-paste works or because the e-mail doesn't exist?"
    Haha good job buddy!

Seriously though, that was the lamest excuse... ''I am not able to post the contents of my email message''
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay