Thread: Nyquist vs kuznetsov - Next 2 years/career

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Nyquist vs kuznetsov - Next 2 years/career

Multicat keeper pool, no hits

To close to call?

Made a trade last year that included these 2 changing teams as part of a big trade, just curious what the consensus is

Thanks

Wallbanger

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Nyquist vs kuznetsov - Next 2 years/career

Kuzya. More talent, team on the rise. It's close and Nyquist could outdo him by a few points in the near fuutre but I think Kuz could explode in that Caps lineup. This guy was a superstar in the KHL; he's sort of had to start from scratch in the NHL but I think he gets to elite levels over here.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Pro

Risk vs. Reward, I am taking Kuznetsov.
    Solid player, you can see the talent, has a chance to center OV (Backstrom out), needs to improve on FO.

I think Nyquist is the safer of the 2 picks and is likely to get a ton of chances in DET, likely with Zetterberg. I just have no idea what DET is going to look like. If they are the same type DET team, then I can see 55- 65 points over the next 2 seasons.

It would not surprise me if Kuz is somewhere between 50-70. Bigger range and bigger reward. I just think with WAS in win mode and the opportunity at #1C, you have to take a shot. Plus even at C#2 he will have better wingers to play with Williams/Oshie/Johanson this year.

So, yeah I like Kuz in the long run as well. I could change my mind in 2 years, but even if he just does well this year due to circumstance, his fantasy value would be higher and you can move him for more than Nyquist.

- - - Updated - - -

Risk vs. Reward, I am taking Kuznetsov.
    Solid player, you can see the talent, has a chance to center OV (Backstrom out), needs to improve on FO.

I think Nyquist is the safer of the 2 picks and is likely to get a ton of chances in DET, likely with Zetterberg. I just have no idea what DET is going to look like. If they are the same type DET team, then I can see 55- 65 points over the next 2 seasons.

It would not surprise me if Kuz is somewhere between 50-70. Bigger range and bigger reward. I just think with WAS in win mode and the opportunity at #1C, you have to take a shot. Plus even at C#2 he will have better wingers to play with Williams/Oshie/Johanson this year.

So, yeah I like Kuz in the long run as well. I could change my mind in 2 years, but even if he just does well this year due to circumstance, his fantasy value would be higher and you can move him for more than Nyquist.

Dobber Sports Legend

Next 2 years I'm definitely taking Nyquist. Long-term (3 years and out) I'm not sure. I think Kuznetsov may have the slightly better upside on paper but Nyquist is more proven and will be counted on to be a main offensive contributor.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Pro

I would gamble on the higher upside of Kuz, Nyq maybe better so far but I like the ceiling of Kuz more.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg