Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seguin/Eichel for Getzlaf/Gibson+

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Seguin/Eichel for Getzlaf/Gibson+

Hey guys, I'm looking for some trade advice today.

I've been negotiating with another GM for about a week now regarding Seguin and his 2nd overall pick in this year's draft. His team is in terrible shape because he was inactive last year. My current offer is Getzlaf, Saad, D. Savard, and John Gibson for Seguin, his 2nd overall this year (Eichel), and his 1st-rounder next year (likely a high lottery pick, but you can never be sure).

What I need to know is first, is this a good deal for me if he accepts, and second, if he doesn't accept, what should I add/subtract?

A brief summary of his team: he's relatively strong at forward (Kopitar, Datsyuk, Backes, Bergeron, Steen, Seguin, Hossa, Ladd, etc.), atrocious on D (Markov, J. Johnson, and then nothing), and worse in goal (only Lundqvist and C. Ward). He has no good prospects.
    10 Team, Weekly H2H (Set Daily), 31-Player, No Cap, Dynasty League

Categories: G, A, +/-, Hits, PPP, ATOI, SOG, W, S%, GAA

F: Crosby,
    Seguin, Kessel, Malkin, Tarasenko, Laine, Hall, Pacioretty, Panarin, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Eichel, Monahan, Krejci, Huberdeau, Scheifele, Drouin, S. Reinhart, Radulov

D: Karlsson, Hedman, Shattenkirk,
    Barrie, Hamilton, Gostisbehere, Vatanen

G: Rask, Fleury, Dubnyk, Schneider

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Seguin/Eichel for Getzlaf/Gibson+

Giving up Getzlaf is tough but getting back Seguin and Eichel would offset it. Your team looks stacked so I'd go for it.
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)

Centers: T. Hertl/R.N.H/P. Zacha/W. Karlsson/J. Kotkaniemi/T. Zegras
    Wings: A. Burakovsky/A. Mantha/R. Rickell/A. Duclair/
    Defense: J. Drysdale/O.E.L/R. Pulock/D. Fabbro/J. Schultz/M. Ferraro
    Goalies: R. Lehner
    Prospects: R. Damiani/A. Raty/R. Suzuki/R. Amirov/N. Chibrikov/J. Perreault/A. Volkov/D. Farrance/F. Gustavsson/L. Dostal

Dobber Sports Deity

Too rich for my liking in a H2H format with those cats.

Saad is going to be a headline player in CBJ and Savard is underrated, especially in a league with hits. I haven't even touched on Gibson and that pushes it over the top for me.

I like Seguin and Eichel as much as the next guy, and if I owned them I'd probably want something similar but I think you lose this deal today and tomorrow, especially once Saad and Gibson finally reach their potential.

Take out Saad and this deal makes more sense. Don't sell a guy like Savard short. The guy is a key member of that blue line.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So without Saad, would the deal look better for me, or would I still be giving up too much?

Seguin, Kessel, Malkin, Tarasenko, Laine, Hall, Pacioretty, Panarin, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Eichel, Monahan, Krejci, Huberdeau, Scheifele, Drouin, S. Reinhart, Radulov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I see it differently than Axeman. Imo Saad is going to lose value and Savard is a good multicat player but nothing exceptional. Imo everyone on your D list except for Maatta has more long-term upside. Seguin is imo superior to Getzlaf, in terms of a) points and b) age. I see that your leageu doesn't count PIM. That hurts Savard & Getzlaf even more. With Seguin & Eichel you could have two elite studs for the next 10-15 years. You're getting more long-term potential and if you're lucky you could get Matthews, though with this trade the other team should improve in the short-term.

My opinion on this: try to do this trade without including Gibson (though I assume that he'll insist because of his goalie situation; in that case do as Axeman said, remove Saad. Or can't you try to give Gaudreau while there's the hype? He won't do a lot for you in SOG (126th last year) and nothing in hits (698th!)).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

All good points.

The reason I'm happy to deal Getzlaf is age. I don't know how much longer he's going to be a stud; at age 30, maybe 1 or 2 80ish point seasons left? Plus, believe it or not he doesn't get many hits.

I made this offer without Gibson and his 2016 pick (Getz/Saad/Savard for Seguin/2015 pick) and he rejected. He wanted a more established defenseman, but I'm not willing to give up Hedman, Shattenkirk, Karlsson or Hamilton. So I figured I'd try a goalie instead, since he's desperate for help there.

What about an offer of Getzlaf/O'Reilly/Savard/Gibson for Seguin/2015 pick/2016 pick? Then I hold onto Saad. I think the best way to get him to agree is including a goalie, and I'm not prepared to trade Rask, Schneider or Bob (they all have at least 5-6 years of solid play left IMO). I hate to let a potential star go, but I could nab Hellebuyck as an FA to soften the blow.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You have O'Reilly? I didn't see that in your sig
    But yeah, if you've got him try to trade him.

Personally, I'd either remove Gibson from the offer or replace Saad with O'Reilly or Gaudreau if you must include Gibson. Or give Getzlaf + forward + Hamilton for Seguin + Eichel if he considers Hamilton to be established.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would try and drop Saad from your side and the 1st rounder from his side... Then you can hopefully keep saad and he isn't giving up two first rounders... especially if he has no good prospects.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You think Gaudreau has less upside than Saad? LOL clearly O'Reilly isn't in my good graces, considering he missed out on being in my sig.

I think I'll offer Getzlaf/D. Savard/Gibson for Seguin/2015 pick. If he turns that down, I'll try throwing ROR in as icing on the cake and ask for his 2016 pick, too. If he's still not biting, I'll be back.

- - - Updated - - -

You think Gaudreau has less upside than Saad? LOL clearly O'Reilly isn't in my good graces, considering he missed out on being in my sig.

I think I'll offer Getzlaf/D. Savard/Gibson for Seguin/2015 pick. If he turns that down, I'll try throwing ROR in as icing on the cake and ask for his 2016 pick, too. If he's still not biting, I'll be back.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by P-Giddy View Post
    You think Gaudreau has less upside than Saad?
    No, I think in points they're more or less equal, but in a multicat league Saad is a bit better. That should give him the edge, because I don't believe that Gaudreau will outscore him by 20 points or so.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Giddy View Post
    If he turns that down, I'll try throwing ROR in as icing on the cake and ask for his 2016 pick, too. If he's still not biting, I'll be back.
    Perhaps, if he refuses, you should try to ask only for a 2nd round pick

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think that trade is a landslide victory for you.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Things are heating up. I'm close. Will update more soon...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Alright, he's stuck on the first deal I posted.

Getzlaf, Saad, Savard, and Gibson for Seguin/Eichel/2016 1st rounder

We only have a one round draft, so I can't ask for anything lower than a 1st rounder. I'm relatively confident his pick next year will be low, considering this deal will more or less be a wash for him in points. Getzlaf (75) + Saad (60) + Savard (40) = 175; Seguin (90) + Eichel (50) = 140. He has to drop two players to make room, so he'll lose 20-40 points there.

Also, there are two important pieces of info to add.

First, I have a 6th overall pick this year that I couldn't use before because I didn't have anyone to drop. If I make this deal, I'll need to fill a spot and can probably get D. Strome or Marner (most owners don't draft).

Second, I can pick up Hellebuyck from waivers to soften the loss of Gibson.

Overall, the deal would more less be as follows...

Getz/Saad/D. Savard/Gibson for Seguin/Eichel/D. Strome or Marner/Hellebuyck/2016 1st.

Yes or no?

I still say that it's a good trade for you. I say you do this:
    Getz/Saad/D. Savard/Gibson for Seguin/Eichel/D. Strome or Marner/Hellebuyck/2016 1st.
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)

Centers: T. Hertl/R.N.H/P. Zacha/W. Karlsson/J. Kotkaniemi/T. Zegras
    Wings: A. Burakovsky/A. Mantha/R. Rickell/A. Duclair/
    Defense: J. Drysdale/O.E.L/R. Pulock/D. Fabbro/J. Schultz/M. Ferraro
    Goalies: R. Lehner
    Prospects: R. Damiani/A. Raty/R. Suzuki/R. Amirov/N. Chibrikov/J. Perreault/A. Volkov/D. Farrance/F. Gustavsson/L. Dostal

In your shoes, I'd make that original trade all day long. I see Seguin outscoring Getzlaf next season and every one after that and I'd absolutely take Eichel and a first-rounder over Saad, Savard and Gibson.