Thread: Ranking AP, Carslon, OEL, Josi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Ranking AP, Carslon, OEL, Josi

In a 10 team, limited keeper (5 max) I'm considering moving Buff in a package deal for an upgrade at forward. Buff would have been my (1) Dman keeper (keeping 4 other forwards). If the deal goes through, I will still have Pietroangelo whom I can could keep as my 5th keeper.

The other option is too only keep 4 forwards and then redraft a dman with my additional pick that I would get. (If a team keeps less than 5 keepers they receive additional picks at the beginning of the draft to get up to 5 players - then the regular draft commences). Some of the players who may be eligible to redraft include: Carlson, OEL, Josi, Letang.

So, how would you rank Pietroangelo compared to Carslon, OEL, Josi, Letang? Should I drop AP and go after another one of these studs or stick with what I got?

Mucho gracias!

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Category Value
    Goals (G) 4
    Assists (A) 2.5
    Plus/Minus (+/-) 0.5
    Penalty Minutes (PIM) 0.25
    Powerplay Goals (PPG) .5
    Powerplay Assists (PPA) .5
    Shorthanded Goals (SHG) 3
    Shorthanded Assists (SHA) 1.5
    Game-Winning Goals (GWG) 1
    Shots on Goal (SOG) 0.2
    Hits (HIT) 0.2
    Blocks (BLK) 0.2

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Re: Ranking AP, Carslon, OEL, Josi

1. Josi
    2. Carlson
    3. OEL
    4. Pietroangelo
    5. Letang

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Basalt13 View Post
    1. Josi
    2. Carlson
    3. OEL
    4. Pietroangelo
    5. Letang
    I would personally have Letang higher than OEL and Pietrangelo. PIetrangelo is probably the least valuable seeing that +/- isn't worth that much and he puts up very few hits and still good but not great points. My list would be

Carlson
    Letang
    OEL (lots of hits and peripherals)
    Josi
    Pietrangelo

if Letang didn't have his health issues he would be number 1 by a landslide. So if you want to gamble on his injury issues, he is the best defensemen of the bunch for fantasy purposes.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyr77 View Post
    I would personally have Letang higher than OEL and Pietrangelo. PIetrangelo is probably the least valuable seeing that +/- isn't worth that much and he puts up very few hits and still good but not great points. My list would be

Carlson
    Letang
    Josi
    Pietrangelo

if Letang didn't have his health issues he would be number 1 by a landslide. So if you want to gamble on his injury issues, he is the best defensemen of the bunch for fantasy purposes.
    This is how I see it too.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyr77 View Post

Carlson
    Letang
    Josi
    Pietrangelo

I concur with this ranking.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Based on very similar numbers to last year, these three would net points very similar to these (based off last years numbers)

OEL 20G x4=80 HIT 150 x0.2= 30 BLK 80 x0.2= 16 SOG 200 x0.2= 40 PPP= 20 Total 186
    Josi 15G x4=60 HIT 70 x0.2= 14 BLK 200 x0.2= 40 SOG 200 x0.2= 40 PPP= 15 Total 169
    Carlson 15G x4=60 HIT 70 x0.2= 14 BLK 200 x0.2= 40 SOG 250 x0.2= 50 PPP= 15 Total 179

I think with Goals scoring @ 4P per goal OEL has the edge. OEL also leads in both SOG, PPP, and Hits.

ARZ is a mess right now. Even after the tank fest that was ARZ season last year OEL produced super numbers in G and SOG. He has always taken the majority of the tougher minutes while Yandle was there. Now that Yandle is gone he might start to get more favorable Zone Starts, etc. I don't see his numbers (or any of these three) dropping off this year. I would rank Carlson #2 on this list. More PP time is coming his way now that Mike Green is gone. He averaged under 2 mins a game in PP time and Green was @ about 2.5 minutes or so. This should boost his points next year.

Letang could be anywhere from the number one D (after Karlsson) to missing 20-30 games. I don't take that type of gamble.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly