Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help me choose a goalie! REP

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Help me choose a goalie! REP

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    I don't really get it. Gibson missed 21 games with a groin injury and 8 with an upper body injury last season, he's a back-up right now and the No1 was pretty good in the regular season and the play-offs. So how is he a safer choice than Mason, who never had a serious injury in his NHL career and missed 7 games less than Gibson.
    Not arguing but Mason has a wonky right knee (in fact, I think he's had surgery on both?) and also broke a finger if memory serves me correctly, that is a lesser issue though... Anyways, he had four injuries (3 minor, 1 major) last year alone - guy isn't made of steel.

That being said, I'm in the minority and believe he can be a top 10 tendy if he stays healthy and hits his potential.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Stud

Mason was taken a couple spots before my turn... I ended up going with Allen, I felt he was the safest option. I'm hoping vasilevski will be around in the later rounds so I can snag him
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Stud

If you took Allen, I'd for sure try to land Elliott. Personally I would have gone the prospect route and try to land Vas/Gibson.
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Pro

Vasi
    Gibson
    Mason
    Allen

Those would be focus.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    Mason was taken a couple spots before my turn... I ended up going with Allen, I felt he was the safest option. I'm hoping vasilevski will be around in the later rounds so I can snag him
    Sorry to say it, but that was not a good choice. I don't like that you picked Mrazek as your first goalie and i like the Allen pick even less.

Goalies are so hard to predict, there's always only one spot between the pipes, so being a really good goalie doesn't help you if you are stuck behind a better one. With Mason not available anymore, i would have picked Luongo. You need at least one starter and there's no doubt that Luongo is one and he should still be good for 1-3 solid years.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Same thing happened to me in a new 16 team, had a quick pick on the 2nd round flip then all the goalies went. Ended up with Bobby Lou round 7 pick 107 Lack round 11 pick 171. I took four young goalies Hellboy round 8 pick 118, O'connor round 21 pick 331, Brossoit round 27 pick 427 and Demko round 29 pick 459.

I was in the same situation you are in, you need to target and grab a young goalie ever few rounds until you feel comfortable. I was good at 5 but Demko provided too much value at 459. I would take:

Mason (He's the 1, no 1A or 1B health can be a concern at times)
    Vasy (Best future)
    Jones (Will be interesting to see him in a different system)
    Hellboy (He is the future in the Peg)
    Lack (He has to take over for Ward right?)

I would take Lou if he's still around and you have established skaters. You can't beat his value for 2 to 3 years IMO which gives you time for your youngins to start showing out.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    Sorry to say it, but that was not a good choice. I don't like that you picked Mrazek as your first goalie and i like the Allen pick even less.

Goalies are so hard to predict, there's always only one spot between the pipes, so being a really good goalie doesn't help you if you are stuck behind a better one. With Mason not available anymore, i would have picked Luongo. You need at least one starter and there's no doubt that Luongo is one and he should still be good for 1-3 solid years.
    You should probably consider that the OP has already stated that he's not concerned about competing in the upcoming season. If that's the case then there's no reason that he should be chasing Luongo.

RETIRED