Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dubnyk vs Andersen

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Dubnyk vs Andersen

Some good posts.

As much as I like Andersen(ANA) for his schedule in H2H... in ROTO, I might be leaning towards Dubnyk.
    I really, really like the WILD. I think they could compete for top team in the West - and as chuckcouples said - Dubnyk has ZERO competition.
    The Wild, defensively, are a tremendous team.
    They've been able to make crappy goalies like good for stretches at a time.
    Last year, I actually targeted the tandem of MIN goalies (Backstrom/Kuemper) simply because of how strong the MIN team is... (and target both because there was doubt in who would emerge).

In ROTO, team is very important and MIN is going to be super strong, super-dupa strong.
    Especially with a couple young D emerging (Brodin, Dumba).

Top-to-bottom, I like MIN more than ANA.

I'm gonna go with Dubnyk for ROTO.
    Yes, a potential top five fantasy goalie.

(Of note: His GAA/SV% won't be as good as last year, but it'll still be very, very good... and look for 40-45 wins, which will be top five.)

- - - Updated - - -

Some good posts.

As much as I like Andersen(ANA) for his schedule in H2H... in ROTO... I might be leaning towards Dubnyk.
    I really, really like the WILD. I think they could compete for top team in the West - and as chuckcouples said - Dubnyk has ZERO competition.
    The Wild, defensively, are a tremendous team.
    They've been able to make crappy goalies like good for stretches at a time.
    Last year, I actually targeted the tandem of MIN goalies (Backstrom/Kuemper) simply because of how strong the MIN team is... (and target both because there was doubt in who would emerge).

In ROTO, team is very important and MIN is going to be super strong, super-dupa strong.
    Especially with a couple young D emerging (Brodin, Dumba).

Top-to-bottom, I like MIN more than ANA.

I'm gonna go with Dubnyk for ROTO.
    Yes, a potential top five fantasy goalie.

(Of note: His GAA/SV% won't be as good as last year, but it'll still be very, very good... and look for 40-45 wins, which will be top five.)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by stotan View Post
    Sorry guys, still not sold on the Dubnyk thing - stats look good, but so do Andersen's. And Andersen is on the better team, straight up. I understand Dubnyk has no competition for #1 and just signed a long, healthy contract, but I'd wait a bit before investing a high pick on the dude. Perhaps it's more of a gut thing at this point, but I'm going with Freddy.
    At the end of the day, it's your team and you have to make decisions you are comfortable with. We are here to offer opinions and suggestions. That doesn't mean you have to agree with them all.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry guys, still not sold on the Dubnyk thing - stats look good, but so do Andersen's. And Andersen is on the better team, straight up. I understand Dubnyk has no competition for #1 and just signed a long, healthy contract, but I'd wait a bit before investing a high pick on the dude. Perhaps it's more of a gut thing at this point, but I'm going with Freddy.
    At the end of the day, it's your team and you have to make decisions you are comfortable with. We are here to offer opinions and suggestions. That doesn't mean you have to agree with them all.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Sorry Axeman, didn't mean anything by it, was just offering my point of view. Learning a lot about Dubnyk from this thread so it's definitely shedding some light on things for me. I actually am hoping I'm wrong, as it looks at this point in my league, he may be one of the only few good goalie options available come draft time and I could bulk up my back end for sure!!

Dobber Sports Deity

Sorry Axeman, didn't mean anything by it, was just offering my point of view. Learning a lot about Dubnyk from this thread so it's definitely shedding some light on things for me. I actually am hoping I'm wrong, as it looks at this point in my league, he may be one of the only few good goalie options available come draft time and I could bulk up my back end for sure!!
    It's all good mate. As I say, you have to do what you think is best for your team. No offense taken on my part. I hope it works out for you.

- - - Updated - - -

It's all good mate. As I say, you have to do what you think is best for your team. No offense taken on my part. I hope it works out for you.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Andersen for me. I'm not sold on Dubnyk yet. Also, he has the better team in front of him.

Dobber Sports Pro

I like Andersen between the two....I am not sold on the short body of work of Dubnyk vs his years of average numbers.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg