Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dubnyk vs Andersen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dubnyk vs Andersen

Counting W, GAA, Sv%, SO in a 12 team Roto Keeper League - Keep 10 - Starting 2 Goalies

Which goalie would you rather own this season and in the future?

Freddie Andersen or Mr. Dubnyk

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Dubnyk vs Andersen

Andersen...better team, better goalie....still firmly believe that Gibson is the goalie of the Ducks future however...maybe firmly established at the end of next season when Andersen and Gibson are both RFAs.

I just don't trust Dubs...I keep thinking he's just a flash in the pan...maybe I'm wrong...maybe I'm not

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I also do not trust in Dubnyk. I think Andersen is better option. Playing for better team. And if Gibson does take over number one spot, Andersen has accomplished enough in the NHL to be considered by other teams as a starter via trade.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I also do not trust in Dubnyk. I think Andersen is better option. Playing for better team. And if Gibson does take over number one spot, Andersen has accomplished enough in the NHL to be considered by other teams as a starter via trade.
    Agreed, he would be highly sought after. I just a scenario like the Habs had a few years ago with Price and Halak. You had a young promising star and a guy playing at an exceptional level. It's a good situation to be in, I just hope Anaheim gets a better return for which ever one they trade than the Habs did for Halak

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am so confused as to all the hype with Dubnyk. Yeah he has decent numbers, but I don't really believe he's done all that much to prove to me or anyone why he'd be a keeper goalie! Bounced around from team to team, had a decent year last year and all of a sudden he's the talk of the goalies. It's amazing looking at different fantasy player rating charts across teh web and how high Dubnyk is rated. Am I missing something??

I had Freddy Andersen on my team and I am very likely keeping him, along with Ben Bishop. He's a sure starter on an elite team. It's a bit nerve-racking to have Khudobin and Gibson breathing down his back and I really think if he doesn't start the season off well, he could lose the starting position, but I'm putting my faith in him to have another good season!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dubnyk will not be the popular choice here, and probably carries less trade value than Andersen.

But I would go Dubnyk now and in the future.

Minnesota is no slouch either and Dubnyk has the fat new contract with no competition behind him. I'm not even ready to say Andersen is more talented than Dubnyk. He's just younger. As of right now, I tend to think they're both league average starters on good teams. Except one of them has a completely safe job for the next several years, barring injury.
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Nikerato View Post
    But I would go Dubnyk now and in the future. Minnesota is no slouch either and Dubnyk has the fat new contract with no competition behind him.
    I personally think Minnesota is taking a huge chance on Dubnyk - wouldn't be surprised if he's a flash in the pan.

Dobber Sports Giant

I'll favour Dubnyk here. Both have had their ups and downs (Dubnyk hit rock bottom though), but I think he can still generate good numbers beyond his great season. I won't bank on a repeat but he should still give you great stats 30+ wins, 2.50 GAA or less, .915 Sv% or more and 3+ SO
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dubnyk's career average SV% is .914 over 231 games. All of these games minus 39 (the ones played in Minny) were played behind arguably the worst defence in the league and the year in which he had sub .900 SV%, he played for Dallas Eakins, the worst NHL coach in years. I think many are not taking these circumstances into account. Dubnyk has posted average NHL goalie stats playing for sub-average teams. He will do better in Minny. I expect SV% around .920 and 35+ wins.

I actually feel more confident in Dubnyk than Andersen going forward.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by stotan View Post
    I personally think Minnesota is taking a huge chance on Dubnyk - wouldn't be surprised if he's a flash in the pan.
    Spoken like a man who's barely seen him play.

There's a lot of uncertainty around the goaltending situation in Anaheim. Both Gibson and Andersen have one year left on their contracts so something's going to give. Who stays and who goes? I've said this many times before, this will be a lot like the Montreal Canadiens situation a few years ago with Halak and Price. Both became RFA's at the same time and the Habs had to make a choice. The rest there is history. I am not saying the Ducks will move Andersen and keep Gibson, but someone's on the move at the end of this year. Who are you willing to gamble on?

I don't expect the same numbers as last year from Dubnyk, those were some serious numbers, but he's the legit starter in Minny for years to come and Minny has a solid team in front of him. I'll take Dubnyk.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Dubnyk because he plays for the better defense team and has no competition. As a few others have said before me, Dubnyk's career numbers are very good considering all but his games in Minnesota were for teams that finished in the bottom 7 in the NHL with very bad team defense. I would say that 2 years ago was further from Dubnyk's expectations than last year was. Two summer's ago, Devan Dubnyk and his wife had a child in August. Those of us with children will understand how big of a life changing even that is. Because of that, he started the year terribly and never had a chance to regain any confidence. I am fully expecting Dubnyk to be a top 5 goalie in the NHL for the next 3 or 4 seasons. This is not necessarily because Dubnyk is a top 5 goalie but because Minnesota's team defense is so good. Over the past few seasons, the team has made the following goalies look like All-Stars for significant periods of time:

Josh Harding
    Ilya Bryzgalov
    Darcy Kuemper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd favor Dubnyk.
    10 Team, Weekly H2H (Set Daily), 31-Player, No Cap, Dynasty League

Categories: G, A, +/-, Hits, PPP, ATOI, SOG, W, S%, GAA

F: Crosby,
    Seguin, Kessel, Malkin, Tarasenko, Laine, Hall, Pacioretty, Panarin, Gaudreau, Kuznetsov, Kucherov, Eichel, Monahan, Krejci, Huberdeau, Scheifele, Drouin, S. Reinhart, Radulov

D: Karlsson, Hedman, Shattenkirk,
    Barrie, Hamilton, Gostisbehere, Vatanen

G: Rask, Fleury, Dubnyk, Schneider

Dobber Sports Giant

Roll a dice. Although in a trade dubnyk could cash in more imo. Tons of hype lately. Dobbs was sugesting trading lundy for him.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have these two goalies targeted as my #3G for this season. I own Rask and Rinne and I am looking at Anderson or Dubnyk as #3. I would be able to get more starts from ANA goalies (leftwinglock roster max tool) but I think I could flip Dubnyk early in the season if he starts out hot! I do like Dubnyk @ MIN but I do not think he would replace my two keepers at any point this season.

I think MIN could really start out hot but I am not sold on a full season yet. I am in a watch and see mode, MIN has had mid season slumps before IIRC the last few seasons?
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Sorry guys, still not sold on the Dubnyk thing - stats look good, but so do Andersen's. And Andersen is on the better team, straight up. I understand Dubnyk has no competition for #1 and just signed a long, healthy contract, but I'd wait a bit before investing a high pick on the dude. Perhaps it's more of a gut thing at this point, but I'm going with Freddy.