Thread: Teräväinen or Bennett

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Teräväinen or Bennett

Who would you rather have next year and 2-3 years down the road?? Points only, no positions, no salaries.. Keeper league!!

Teräväinen (CHI) or Bennett(CGY) ??

Thanks

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Teräväinen or Bennett

Teravainen. I think he's a lock for top six minutes going forward, perfect fit on a veteran CHI team with cap issues.
    Wingers can often flourish, point-wise, at a younger NHL year.

Sam Bennett will be a good player, but if CGY grooms him up as a center - it's going to take a while for him to put up points.
    Not only is Center the deepest position in fantasy hockey, but it really takes guys a while to rise up.
    Some surprise us (Monahan, who IS the future of CGY's C1 spot)... but many get stuck in their development towards being a two-way NHL C: such as Matt Duchene, RNH, Barkov.
    Not saying the guys listed above won't be excellent NHL players - but it may take them until year #5 or so to put up the 70+pts everybody expects out of them.

It'll be a long wait on Bennett to be an NHL scorer.
    Whereas I could see Teravainen put up 50+pts this year... 60+pts the next year.
    TT, for me.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Teräväinen. Mainly for the reason that Bennett has to compete against Monahan for minutes with Gadreau. Teräväinen should get some playing time with at least one of Toews, Hossa or Kane and coach likes to mix the lines up if things are not working, ensuring that Teräväinen. will get chances to play with the elite scorers on Chicago.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

(btw, how do you guys get the dots on your a... is their an ALT sequence to push quickly... or do you grab it off a language-set?)

Banned

Teravainen because you put those dots on his a's.

I like Bennett more for the future though. 3+ years down the road.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Still learning View Post
    Who would you rather have next year and 2-3 years down the road?? Points only, no positions, no salaries.. Keeper league!!

Teräväinen (CHI) or Bennett(CGY) ??

Thanks
    I'd be more comfortable with TT. A little more seasoned and likely in a better spot as per the comments above. If he has winger eligibility, TT is more valuable to me personally.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Bennett for me. I feel like he's offensively the most skilled player in Calgary. I also think he's a winger in the NHL while I think Teräväinen is moved to center. So the opposite of what everyone else seems to think...

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    (btw, how do you guys get the dots on your a... is their an ALT sequence to push quickly... or do you grab it off a language-set?)
    Nordic keyboards have separate keys for ä and ö. Others probably just copy-paste?

Dobber Sports Expert

Bennett in the short term and long term. I don't think there's any lock Teravainen gets top 6 minutes right off the bat in Quenneville's system. Bennett on the other will start out on the second line next year in Calgary. They certainly don't have to rush him to center. You can't just say Bennett is competing for minutes with Monahan & Gaudreau as they are older and have had more exposure. Bennett will get plenty of quality playing time and isn't going to be playing a bottom 6 role. As highly touted as Teravainen is, I've seen Bennett play enough to say that I think his upside is higher than TT's
    Last edited by Goldendelicious; July 28, 2015 at 11:54 AM. Reason: grammar

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Bennett in the short term and long term. I don't think there's any lock Teravainen gets top 6 minutes right off the bat in Quenneville's system. Bennett on the other will start out on the second line next year in Calgary. They certainly don't have to rush him to center. You can't just say Bennett is competing for minutes with Monahan & Gaudreau as they are older and have had more exposure. Bennett will get plenty of quality playing time and is going to be playing a bottom 6 role. As highly touted as Teravainen is, I've seen Bennett play enough to say that I think his upside is higher than TT's
    I agree here and also would roll with Benett. I see TT a tad overrated arround these boards, but this might be personal bias.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.