Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Projections: Varlamov, Luongo, Smith

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Projections: Varlamov, Luongo, Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I keep reading in this thread (and others for that matter) that all the good players on Colorado are "projected for a bounce back."

Where is everyone getting this information from? How are they "projected" for a bounce back. Can someone please explain this theory to me and where they are getting this information from.

I can "project" all kinds of things too, but that doesn't mean it will happen.

Why Colorado COULD BE BETTER:
    On paper they are better than last year's stats suggest.
    On paper all of their younger (and older haha) players are a year older.
    Their D is much improved from last year.
    Without a crystal ball you can never know, but, a full non-wonky groin season of their Vezina calibre goalie will go along way to stabilze the team.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Ace

The other factor in Varlamov's favor is the trust Roy has in him...Roy started him and stuck with him during the struggles
    Champion: 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016
    12 Team Keeper League - 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 Bench (Keep 6, in Bold)
    $250 Cap (0-9 +3; 10-19 +4; >20 +5 each season)
    WW = $10

G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, GWG, SHG, W, GAA, SV%, SO - Points Based League

F: Guentzel (15), Point (11), Barzal (18), WNylander (15), Trochek (1), Eberle (1), Domi (4), Toffoli (1), TBertuzzi (1), Buchnevich (1), Tuch (1), Puljujarvi (1)

D: Theodore (17), Heiskanen (15), Pulock (7), Sanheim (1), Faulk (1), Morrissey (1)

G: Markstrom (7), Saros (15), Binnington (39), Jarry (40)

B: DeSmith (1), Lindblom (1)

IR or Out: Ghost (1), OEL (9), Teravainen (28), PMyers (1)

Dobber Sports Veteran

I just don't see much for consistency in his game since his trade to Colorado.

He has one good year, then a bad one, then another good year, then another questionable one. I am just not a fan of him and yes, the injuries are also a bit of a concern. I'd rather let someone else take the gamble on him.

That being said, if he keeps going down his career path, this year should be a good one for him.
    Thanks for the answer Axeman. Varlamov is still young so probably one of the reason of his inconsistency. And being with a young team does'nt help him either.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Ace

I think it's more of the team core players are healthy again and the D core has improved, Thus people are expecting a rebound season.
    Guessing the paring will be:
    Francois Beauchemin Erik Johnson
    Nikita Zadorov Tyson Barrie
    Brad Stuart Nate Guenin

I think Varli will have a big rebound season as well. I'd pick him out of the 3 goalies listed... then Lou and avoid Smith.
    2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I keep reading in this thread (and others for that matter) that all the good players on Colorado are "projected for a bounce back."

Where is everyone getting this information from? How are they "projected" for a bounce back. Can someone please explain this theory to me and where they are getting this information from.

I can "project" all kinds of things too, but that doesn't mean it will happen.
    This could be the dumbest post I've ever read. Look up what a "projection" is. It's an estimate, a prediction. Nobody said these things are 100% certain. Its what a projection is, no projections are certain to happen. Geez get off your high horse.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by DelZottoOverRated View Post
    This could be the dumbest post I've ever read. Look up what a "projection" is. It's an estimate, a prediction. Nobody said these things are 100% certain. Its what a projection is, no projections are certain to happen. Geez get off your high horse.
    I am well aware what a projection is. As I say, I can make them too. I just find it funny that so many are stating that the players are projected for a bounce back but yet no one supplied any information on why they feel this way. Lots of talk but nothing to back it up. Moses finally had something to say about why it could happen instead of just throwing that out there.

I love riding my high horse.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

I think around here Axeman has every reason to ride his high horse. He only has over 16, 000 more posts than you.
    Member of OCHA

Dobber Sports Giant

I am well aware what a projection is. As I say, I can make them too. I just find it funny that so many are stating that the players are projected for a bounce back but yet no one supplied any information on why they feel this way. Lots of talk but nothing to back it up. Moses finally had something to say about why it could happen instead of just throwing that out there.

Axe, you've got nothing to justify. You just indirectly asked for someone to provide feedback as to why they claimed a certain thing would/could happen.

I was one of those that claimed Varly would have a bounce back season but did not add anything more to it. It is easy to claim such a statement but when you have to start explaining "why", you see that many of those "claimers" back away...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I want to go ride a horse now......

As a wise man once said to me: "Well paint me red and call me a barn. Yeeeeee Haaaaaw, spin your partner round and round"
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..