Thread: Keep 8

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keep 8

Rules in my signature (NHL CAP), whos your #8 keepers (12F, 6D, 2G, 3 bench - multi catagory)

Forwards
    Keep: Getzlaf, Schwartz, Teravainen, Little, Brouwer
    Options: Stapan, Brassard, Lehtera, Iginla, Abdelkader, Wilson, Craig Smith

Defence:
    Keep: Josi
    Options: Kronwall, Franson, Larsson

Goalie:
    Keep: Rask, Fleury

Thanks
    Last edited by diehardpooler91; August 5, 2015 at 10:03 PM.
    Rotissery STATS: points per category
    Stakers:G /A /+/- /PIM /SOG /GWG /PPP /SHP /Hit /Blk
    Goalie:W / SV% / SHO / PIM / G /A /PPP
    Starting Rosters: 12F / 6D / 2G and 3 bench
    15 Team - NHL Salary Cap (Current)
    8 keepers per team.

Forwards

Defence

Goalie
    Rask - Fleury

BENCH:

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Keep 8

Surely someone has their opinion interested in different perspectives...initially has Stepan over TT but dont want to be cap struck come redraft time..
    8 keepers per team.

Forwards

Defence

Goalie
    Rask - Fleury

BENCH:

IR:

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by diehardpooler91 View Post
    Surely someone has their opinion interested in different perspectives...initially has Stepan over TT but dont want to be cap struck come redraft time..
    That was my first thought too, but the salary cap could then be an issue. In that case, why not Stepan over Brouwer who I think will not see as much time in St. Louis as he did in Washington, especially on the power play.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Legend

DHP91,

I like your list, although I would consider swapping out Brouwer for Stepan or Kronwall.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Deity

I think in a limited keeper, you have to keep your best players and worry about the cap issues for the redraft.

I would drop Teravainen from your keepers and put in Brassard. I think with your league setup, he fits it nicely. I would also have Abdelkader or Stepan behind Brassard as my next option.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm definitely keeping Stepan & Brassard.
    With Keith Yandle added the NYR back-end, there's going to be a lot more offense generated.

The Rangers were T-3rd in the NHL last year with 252 goals.
    They might lead the league this year.

I like Teravainen... but we're all going a little crazy with the expectations.
    It's possible CHI tries him at C2... and he fails.
    And it's possible CHI tries him at LW2 (w/Anisimov-P.Kane)... and he doesn't click.
    In cap leagues, he is a good keep though, because his ELC number creates room to sign other players.

In a lot of leagues, with casual GMs... the word isn't out yet and TT is redraftable.

Brouwer is nice in HITS leagues, but there's some doubt whether he's in the STL top six.

Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
    Steen - Backes - (spot formerly Oshie)
    Berglund - Stastny - Jaskin

RW2/RW3 might be Jaskin or Brouwer.
    As Backes provides grit on line 2... that might be Jaskin's spot now... with Brouwer providing grit on line 3.
    Regardless, STL rolls three lines, unlike WAS where Brouwer was typically on either RW1 or RW2.

It might be reduced minutes for Brouwer this year - possible stat decline.

re: Bryan Little.
    I think a lot of people see a player's one big year (65pts for Little in 2013-2014) and peg him there forever & ever.
    I think Little really is more of a 55pt player.
    Scheifele is on the rise for Winnipeg and this is likely the year where Scheif becomes the everyday C1 with Little pushed down to C2.

For me:
    F3: Stepan
    F4: Brassard
    F5: Teravainen
    (mostly for the contract)

Cut: Little, Brouwer.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks all....didnt realize id see much love for brassard who at 27 finally broke out offensively and more importantly stayed healthy..
    8 keepers per team.

Forwards

Defence

Goalie
    Rask - Fleury

BENCH:

IR:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm definitely keeping Stepan & Brassard.
    With Keith Yandle added the NYR back-end, there's going to be a lot more offense generated.

The Rangers were T-3rd in the NHL last year with 252 goals.
    They might lead the league this year.

I like Teravainen... but we're all going a little crazy with the expectations.
    It's possible CHI tries him at C2... and he fails.
    And it's possible CHI tries him at LW2 (w/Anisimov-P.Kane)... and he doesn't click.
    In cap leagues, he is a good keep though, because his ELC number creates room to sign other players.

In a lot of leagues, with casual GMs... the word isn't out yet and TT is redraftable.

Brouwer is nice in HITS leagues, but there's some doubt whether he's in the STL top six.

Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
    Steen - Backes - (spot formerly Oshie)
    Berglund - Stastny - Jaskin

RW2/RW3 might be Jaskin or Brouwer.
    As Backes provides grit on line 2... that might be Jaskin's spot now... with Brouwer providing grit on line 3.
    Regardless, STL rolls three lines, unlike WAS where Brouwer was typically on either RW1 or RW2.

It might be reduced minutes for Brouwer this year - possible stat decline.

re: Bryan Little.
    I think a lot of people see a player's one big year (65pts for Little in 2013-2014) and peg him there forever & ever.
    I think Little really is more of a 55pt player.
    Scheifele is on the rise for Winnipeg and this is likely the year where Scheif becomes the everyday C1 with Little pushed down to C2.

For me:
    F3: Stepan
    F4: Brassard
    F5: Teravainen
    (mostly for the contract)

Cut: Little, Brouwer.
    I'm sort of in agreement with Peng here. I'm definitely keeping Stepan and Brassard, but I would keep Little over Teravainen. He's far from a lock and in a Keep 8 format, I much prefer sure things over potential. I also see Brouwer's numbers coming down this year with St. Louis.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket