Thread: Nyquist - future production.

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Nyquist - future production.

This is for my sim league and not the one in my sig.

I own Nyquist and am wondering if I should try to move him in a package for an upgrade, and am zeroing in on Hornqvist.

What we can expect from him points-wise? Last season wasn't bad by any means for a 2nd year player, but I was hoping for 60+.

You have to think Nyquist is going to be a fixture in Detroit's top 6 for the next 5+ years, what point range do you see for him? I'm thinking 55-60 on average, with a career year of maybe 70.

Hornqvist is a bit older but IMO much higher upside (barring a trade) - 65-70 on average, maybe flirting with 80 for a season.

Is Hornqvist a significant upgrade on Nyquist, or an I selling Gus short? I'm thinking of offering Nyquist and Coyle (maybe a little more) for Hornqvist.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Nyquist - future production.

With the regime change and if he can stay healthy I look for 60-70 from him. He should see more PP1 time and more TOI overall this year

Dobber Sports Ace

I like him for 60-70 as well.

He had an off year last year after a breakout performance the year before.

He still put up 52 points.

I like his chances to bounce back
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Monster

Gus should be at 65-70 pts annually.
    Horny is about the same and yes maybe throw an 80 pt season in there.
    Personally, I think you stand pat keep your Gus and Coyle.
    Hornqvist highest point season was 53 back with the Preds.
    He had 51 last year in 64 games. That would put him on pace for about 65 pts.
    So I don't see a 20 pt increase coming this season.

Dobber Sports Star

55-70 points depending on deployment. he didnt play the full year with zetterberg or datsyuk last season which hurt his totals, it annoyed me greatly when they went with abdelkader/zetterberg/franzen and tatar/datsyuk/helm.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Legend

I see Nyquist as a steady 60-75 point player for now.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Stud

motor city magician just getting started...its his and tatars team now.....

Dobber Sports Ace

As a Nyquist owner this makes me very excited.

I wanted to temper my expectations for him but it appears many of you see him as a top offensive threat for Detroit.

What about goals? How many do we think he will score. Is Tatar still the top dog when it comes to goals or will Gus give him a run for his money?
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    As a Nyquist owner this makes me very excited.

I wanted to temper my expectations for him but it appears many of you see him as a top offensive threat for Detroit.

What about goals? How many do we think he will score. Is Tatar still the top dog when it comes to goals or will Gus give him a run for his money?
    at this point tasupastar is DET top goal sniper.....he probably will hit the 35-36 goal mark this season.....great gustav has 30 in him

Dobber Sports Stud

The top 6 in Detroit gets shuffled quite a bit over a course of the season, due to injuries to Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Last season Nyquist moved around from Center, to LW, to RW... with the acquisition of Richards, and Sheahan not far behind, think the Line2 and Line3 center positions are more stable now. This means Nyquist will probably be placed on the wing more often, which is where he sees most of his success I believe.

I agree with the others, that this is Tatars and Nyquist team to slowly take over in the next 1-2 seasons (maybe not so much for Zetterberg who seems solid still).

In terms of goals vs Tatar, that probably rests upon who gets more PP time. Tatar seems to be more of a pure sniper than Nyquist though. My guess is Tatar will hit 65 points (30/35) and Nyquist will be similiar but less goal heavy 65 points (25/40)
    [SIZE=1][I] 10 Team H2H Roto (Start 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,4Bench,2G in bold)
    C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Haula
    LW: Vrana, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi
    RW: Brown, Kase, Rakell
    D: Burns, Giordano, Hedman, Gustafsson, Josi
    G: Vasilevskiy, Rittich
    "Bench":
    IR: Malkin

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by potatoetree View Post
    The top 6 in Detroit gets shuffled quite a bit over a course of the season, due to injuries to Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Last season Nyquist moved around from Center, to LW, to RW... with the acquisition of Richards, and Sheahan not far behind, think the Line2 and Line3 center positions are more stable now. This means Nyquist will probably be placed on the wing more often, which is where he sees most of his success I believe.

I agree with the others, that this is Tatars and Nyquist team to slowly take over in the next 1-2 seasons (maybe not so much for Zetterberg who seems solid still).

In terms of goals vs Tatar, that probably rests upon who gets more PP time. Tatar seems to be more of a pure sniper than Nyquist though. My guess is Tatar will hit 65 points (30/35) and Nyquist will be similiar but less goal heavy 65 points (25/40)
    so you think tatar will improve this season by 1 goal???...its a fair question.....lets be honest...babcock is gone, the coach who tatar won calders for is now in......assuming a healthy full season i would think tatar boosts his goal production by more than one goal......nyquist, same thing...he ripped 27 last year....your lowballing them for no logical reason.....

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    so you think tatar will improve this season by 1 goal???...its a fair question.....lets be honest...babcock is gone, the coach who tatar won calders for is now in......assuming a healthy full season i would think tatar boosts his goal production by more than one goal......nyquist, same thing...he ripped 27 last year....your lowballing them for no logical reason.....
    It is just an estimate, he could score more or less. Having more responsibility doesn't necessarily transition into an instant upgrade in points. There is no guarantee that the coach himself will transition easily to the NHL - it's a whole different ballgame. Also, Last year there were only 15 players who managed to surpass 30+ goals, Tatar was just outside that number.

Could I be lowballing them?..perhaps. But it is for a logical reason. I am as hopeful as the next guy, being a Tatar owner and all.
    [SIZE=1][I] 10 Team H2H Roto (Start 3C,3LW,3RW,5D,4Bench,2G in bold)
    C: Kopitar, Getzlaf, Haula
    LW: Vrana, Svechnikov, Bertuzzi
    RW: Brown, Kase, Rakell
    D: Burns, Giordano, Hedman, Gustafsson, Josi
    G: Vasilevskiy, Rittich
    "Bench":
    IR: Malkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think he's a 60-65 pt player who can flirt with 75 in a big year.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think for the difference in potential upside I'd absolutely be sticking with Nyquist here. I don't doubt Horny will bang more than a few PP rebounds home but I'm also a little concerned with his durability. And obviously, his value is inflated (rightfully so) due to being on the Pens. But with Sid/Geno/Kes/Letang... feels a bit like he'll get the fewest of the PP points of that crew.

Gus on the other hand, is the real deal and doesn't appear to be dependent on line mates to produce (he's done it pretty much everywhere). He's a creator who Babs lauded for shooting as much as he did (something Babs told Tatar he had to do more this year and voila).

So while not the same volume as Horny, his SOG should translate into sustainable goal totals and his talent and situation suggest he'll be a part of the main DET offence for a long time.

Unless Horny is the one piece you're missing to wrap up the championship this year - I stick with Gus.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji