Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: B-rich

Dobber Sports Stud

Default B-rich

thoughts on this younggun whos served his time...very tomas tatar........both snipers....

lookin good for min top 9 in Dal with outside shot in sniper capacity in top 6 and PP2...22 yrs old.....hes a lock for Dal next year.....is he the next Brian Rolston/glen Murray????......this guy looks like a pure goalscorer.....is hes dallas's next Brett?

#brettritchie

#lonestar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: B-rich

#Texas

#Maybe

#hits40points

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCanuck View Post
    #Texas

#Maybe

#hits40points

sorry jimmy...i believe dobber.......

Although Ritchie's points-per-game average slipped in his second year as a pro for Texas, he actually improved. His goals- per-game increased sharply, it was just that his team's offense in general saw a big decline. So the assists weren't there. The 22-year-old showed his natural goal-scoring talent immediately when he arrived in Dallas, scoring on his first NHL shot in his first NHL game. The fact that Ritchie gives the Stars options - either by sliding onto a talented top line and burying the juicy feeds, or chipping in 15 or 20 goals from the third line and making the most of his ice time, Ritchie should be a full- time NHLer in 2015-16.
    Upside - James Neal (35-35-70+, 60 PIM)

Dobber Sports Guru

I'm still hopeful. It's all gonna depend on his linemates and how he takes advantage of opportunities. Hopefully he clicks with the big guns or with Spezz.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Giant

Shouldn't this thread be titled, "B-Ritch" ??? I thought it was about Brad Richards until I noticed all the weird hashtags.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Shouldn't this thread be titled, "B-Ritch" ??? I thought it was about Brad Richards until I noticed all the weird hashtags.

i should have said b-ritch....how do i edit the title....maybe this explains the lack of replys.....lets be honest...no one wants to talk about brad richards.....

Brett Ritchie seems to have all the traits of a goalscoring winger that Dallas could use in 15/16.....dobber, hockey news etc all high on him heading into 15/16....

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yea, I was ready to discuss Brad Richards...

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    i should have said b-ritch....how do i edit the title....maybe this explains the lack of replys.....lets be honest...no one wants to talk about brad richards.....

Brett Ritchie seems to have all the traits of a goalscoring winger that Dallas could use in 15/16.....dobber, hockey news etc all high on him heading into 15/16....
    I really like Brett Ritchie, almost as much as the younger version (i.e. Nick Ritchie). I think we should temper expectations, I think 20 goals would be the best case scenario for 15-16. Probably 25+ long-term.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I really like Brett Ritchie, almost as much as the younger version (i.e. Nick Ritchie). I think we should temper expectations, I think 20 goals would be the best case scenario for 15-16. Probably 25+ long-term.

Agreed. He has 20 in him this season on high octane dallas....

Dobber Sports Stud

Admittedly have never been a fan of Ritchie (took Sceviour over him in full belief he'd claim a top 6 spot over him) but a number of friends (and Dobbs too) whose fantasy hockey opinions I really respect are quite high on him - so I may have called that one wrong with him.

Not sure what kind of impact he can have unless he beats out Hemsky for RW2 (assuming Nichushkin is RW1 or C2 with Spezz moving up and Sequin going RW) as Dallas seems to be pretty top-heavy for scoring. Could he hit 20g with Eakin as his C?

So my thoughts on him are - don't see Tatar in him, but admit that 20g does seem plausible based on his production to date. And am ready to admit I made a bad call on him if he does end up being a 25g man.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Editing the title is a #GoodIdea

B-Ritch has no chance to surpass 40 points this year. He'll never top Kyle Turris in career points and that's even if Turris stopped playing today.

#StopDrinkingTheKoolaid

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCanuck View Post
    Editing the title is a #GoodIdea

B-Ritch has no chance to surpass 40 points this year. He'll never top Kyle Turris in career points and that's even if Turris stopped playing today.

#StopDrinkingTheKoolaid
    turdis? whos talking turdis?

kool aid? wheres all the B ritchie hype??

shame on you......james Neal came into the league **Dallas ironically** on under near identical circumstances...not everyone has to be a top 10 pick or first rounder....no ones saying B Ritchie will be a star....but will he be a solid scoring winger??? i think he will...dobber thinks he will...others who posted on this thread think he may very well be....we arent talking 40 goals per, but if he can put up 20 in 15/16 as a rookie than its reasonable to think he could develop into a solid power forward scoring winger. capable of ripping 30 goals per......you know...a Brian Rolston type............thats it thats all.......

#iknowwhatyoudidlastsummer

Dobber Sports Stud

Brett Ritchie current status:Off season
    #25 RW | 6'3", 209 lbs. | Dallas
    Birth Date:July 1, 1993 (22 years old)
    Place of Birth:Orangeville, Ont.
    Shoots:R Experience:1 years
    Draftedrafted by Dallas in 2011 (2/44).
    SEASON STATS
    GP G A PTS +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG TOI S PTSPG
    YTD 31 6 3 9 -1 12 0 0 1 13:59 78 0.29
    Player News
    Transactions
    Game Log
    Career Stats
    Performance Highs
    SCOUTING REPORT
    Assets: Has great size, the hands of a goal-scorer and plenty of power forward potential. Can be especially effective around the crease area with the man advantage.
    Flaws: Needs to make even greater use of his physical gifts, and especially in terms of adding more rambunctiousness to his game, in order to maximize his NHL potential.
    Career Potential: Big scoring winger with untapped upside.

turdis? whos talking turdis?

kool aid? wheres all the B ritchie hype??

shame on you......james Neal came into the league **Dallas ironically** on under near identical circumstances...not everyone has to be a top 10 pick or first rounder....no ones saying B Ritchie will be a star....but will he be a solid scoring winger??? i think he will...dobber thinks he will...others who posted on this thread think he may very well be....we arent talking 40 goals per, but if he can put up 20 in 15/16 as a rookie than its reasonable to think he could develop into a solid power forward scoring winger. capable of ripping 30 goals per......you know...a Brian Rolston type............thats it thats all.......

#iknowwhatyoudidlastsummer
    No chance of passing 40 points, makes Turris and his 64 points look so smooth........agreed not that much hype on the B-rich though, just a small packet of koolaid - like a small lunchbox 250mL rather than the whole 2L jug. The metric system is incredible!

Brett is not related to Lionel and Nicole either.

#CautiousHypeOnTheRitchie

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    Admittedly have never been a fan of Ritchie (took Sceviour over him in full belief he'd claim a top 6 spot over him) but a number of friends (and Dobbs too) whose fantasy hockey opinions I really respect are quite high on him - so I may have called that one wrong with him.

Not sure what kind of impact he can have unless he beats out Hemsky for RW2 (assuming Nichushkin is RW1 or C2 with Spezz moving up and Sequin going RW) as Dallas seems to be pretty top-heavy for scoring. Could he hit 20g with Eakin as his C?

So my thoughts on him are - don't see Tatar in him, but admit that 20g does seem plausible based on his production to date. And am ready to admit I made a bad call on him if he does end up being a 25g man.
    I really think Hemsky will miss a decent part of the start of the season
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson