Thread: Ovechkin for Johansen +

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Ovechkin for Johansen +

For the league in sig. I've been offered Ovechkin for Johansen, Gaudreau, Brodie and my 1st in this year's draft. My team is ready to win and I have excess keep-able players so I was hoping to translate some of my depth into a stud who could push me over the top. I don't think this deal is horrible but I feel like it might be a little steep. I've been told Johansen must be included which I'm OK with, and I have no problem getting rid of Brodie since I wasn't planning on keeping him. The inclusion of Gaudreau AND my first rounder though, makes me a little wary. Any advice is appreciated. As far as last year's numbers go...

Ovechkin 297.4 pts, 3.67 ppg (2nd overall among skaters)

Johansen 229.3 pts, 2.8 ppg
    Gaudreau 206.9 pts, 2.59 ppg
    Brodie 221 pts, 2.73 ppg

Oh, and the players in bold in my sig are not who I'm planning on keeping this year -- those are who I kept from last year.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Ovechkin for Johansen +

I don't like including the first AND Gaudreau either.

I would see if he would take a lesser pick - I think a second or third is ample considering the rest of the pieces you are giving up.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Stud

Another way to look at it is to ask for a flip of first round picks - he gets yours, you get his. I wouldn't make the deal if I had to give up my first rounder in addition to Gaudreau.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Monster

I like the idea of trying to acquire Ovechkin, I'm not against that.
    I am agains this particular deal though. I think you're giving away to much imo.
    I know it's a limited keeper and the strategy is to always land yourself the best player in this type of setting, I get that.
    But I don't know - I think your hurting yourself more than helping yourself.
    If you can tweak it a bit somehow and scale back maybe the 1st or mix it up some other way then I'd acquire Ovehckin but not at that current specific offering.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Upon further review, the pick he's asking for is actually my 2016 first rounder, not 2015. That makes it a little better for 'win-now' mode but a first rounder is still a first rounder... and who knows, I could shit the bed this year and really need that pick. I think my response is still the same, make it a lower pick or remove Gaudreau from the deal.

G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    Util (1)

Dobber Sports Deity

First off, kudos to you for putting the points from last year. I wish more did this and makes investigating trades so much easier when I dont have to go do all the leg work.

The trade he's offering (even with the 1st being in 2016) is too rich for me when it comes to Ovechkin. Johansen himself isn't that far from OV in points and still improving. I highly doubt you will be able to find much that will come close to replacing all the points you are losing in moving Gaudreau and Brodie.

Realistically, this trade is:

Ovechkin, ?, ?, 1st rnd pick

for

RyJo, Gaudreau, Brodie.

The question marks are the big issue. you have to try and find guys to replace all those points you are shipping out for one guy.

If he is willing to take out Gaudreau then I could see it making sense, especially where you are not considering keeping Brodie anyway. If he wants to drop Brodie and keep Gaudreau in there, then I think I would still pass.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's always ideal when you can get one of the top five in a limited keeper. However, as had been stated above, I think you're giving up too much here.

I think you need to drop either the pick or Gaudreau from the trade. I doubt he accepts without Gaudreau included, so the pick is more likely to be removed.

Dobber Sports Giant

I'm in agreement with most here. If you can get the pick changed to a 2nd, OR swap 1st round picks with the other GM, make this deal.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Realistically, this trade is:

Ovechkin, ?, ?, 1st rnd pick

for

RyJo, Gaudreau, Brodie.
    I hear what you're saying. However, since I'm not keeping Brodie anyway there's really only one question mark to replace, which would be either Nyquist (171.3/2.09) or Dubinsky (122.7/2.61). At any rate, I'm definitely not making this trade as is. I think my opponent thinks I'm dying to get Ovechkin, which I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to add him to my team but only for the right price.

Util (1)

Dobber Sports Stud

Sounds like you've got full control of this one.

For the record, when I read "team is ready to win" and "excess keepers" - I'm inclined to overpay a bit (if I have to) to acquire an almost certain top 3 fantasy points contributor next season. If you were a ways out from contending, I'd agree with the group that it's too much of an overpay. But RyJo/Johnny & a 1st in 2016 to acquire OV is a price I would be willing to pay (as long as I had adequate depth).
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji