Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice; my guy just got drafted...

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Need some advice; my guy just got drafted...

Hey all, I've got the 13th pick in our prospect draft for my league in sig. And up until 11th, Barzal was still on the board. I had tried desperately to move up to get him but wasn't able to.

Anyways, the guy in front of me just stole him at #12 so I'm kinda shaken up and unsure on who to target.

Notables still available:
    - Provorov
    - Werenski
    - Crouse
    - DeBrusk
    - Connor
    - Eriksson-Ek
    - Konecny
    - Matt O'Connor (still available since he just signed)

I'm just looking for the best overall prospect and since Barzal got picked, it seems the quality took a dip, hence my uncertainty ATM. Leaning towards Connor, but not sure just yet. Any advice will surely help though!

Thanks in advance; it's usually easier when it's not my team
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Need some advice; my guy just got drafted...

Are you set on taking a forward? You said best overall prospect.

In my opinion of the players listed I'd be thrilled as hell to get Kyle Connor!
    If you want to go defense then for sure Provorov.

Best overall IMO at this spot is Kyle Connor.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would take Crouse. Florida loves him

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Ianclark5525 View Post
    I would take Crouse. Florida loves him
    Lol, yes but will I? My league doesn't count hits so unless he is the next Benn, not sure he's worth it. Then again, you and several others have been hyping about him so it got my attention.
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Are you set on taking a forward? You said best overall prospect.

In my opinion of the players listed I'd be thrilled as hell to get Kyle Connor!
    If you want to go defense then for sure Provorov.

Best overall IMO at this spot is Kyle Connor.
    Ya just best overall. Connor had me intrigued but I've been reading more and more about his 2-way ability, which in fantasy terms usually means better in real life than in pools... Then again, I just finished watching some highlights and I like what I see!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Genius

If you're set on a forward, I'd go Konecny here. However, as suggested above, I'd take a long look at Provorov at this point in the draft.

Dobber Sports Legend

I'd take Provorov without question.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Superstar

I would go with Kyle Conner if you want a forward. If D-man go with Provorov.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    If you're set on a forward, I'd go Konecny here. However, as suggested above, I'd take a long look at Provorov at this point in the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I'd take Provorov without question.
    The thing is I don't really need a D as I tend to flip my forwards for them a year or so before they make an impact in the NHL. Provorov has undeniable talent but when/and if it shows up in the pros, I may not need him.

With Connor it's the same thing though as I feel him and Provo may end up being great 2-way players, which in turn, sucks fantasy-wise.

As for Konecny, do you guys view him as a Gallagher/Marchand type or does he have more upside?

Thanks again; will rep you all soon!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    The thing is I don't really need a D as I tend to flip my forwards for them a year or so before they make an impact in the NHL. Provorov has undeniable talent but when/and if it shows up in the pros, I may not need him.

With Connor it's the same thing though as I feel him and Provo may end up being great 2-way players, which in turn, sucks fantasy-wise.

As for Konecny, do you guys view him as a Gallagher/Marchand type or does he have more upside?

Thanks again; will rep you all soon!
    Provorov could force the Flyers hand to give him a long look at camp this year. A top Flyers scout was on record as saying, "Wait until they see this kid in camp. He could be the top defenseman on the entire team in September."

When Provorov makes the leap (this year or next) he will have every opportunity to be a main contributor overnight. I absolutely love his upside (soon) and potential situation.

Connor and Konecny are a ways off, especially Connor. The Jets are most likely giving Ehlers a job this fall and Petan is next in line. Armia is also going to make an impression as well as Lemieux. Connor is uber talented but he's a project at this point - definitely 3 years off IMO.

Konecny could make the Flyers in 2 years if he plays lights out hockey but he'll be phased in the way Laughton is now. 3 years before any type of impact.

Provorov will be producing in the NHL soon, mark my words. And he projects to be a top pairing defenseman with oodles of offensive upside.

I would have already made the Provorov pick - wouldn't even be thinking about it right now.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Monster

I love both Connor and Provorov. I stand by my original post of selecting either one of these two.
    Connor could take longer to produce, Winnipeg has some stout in front of Connor that he'd have to catapault past, so he's longer off.
    Provorov has a nice view in front of him with very little top D depth in Phillly to contend with. His path is probably faster than that of Connor's.

Ya just best overall. Connor had me intrigued but I've been reading more and more about his 2-way ability, which in fantasy terms usually means better in real life than in pools... Then again, I just finished watching some highlights and I like what I see!

Dobber Sports Giant

Provorov could force the Flyers hand to give him a long look at camp this year. A top Flyers scout was on record as saying, "Wait until they see this kid in camp. He could be the top defenseman on the entire team in September."

When Provorov makes the leap (this year or next) he will have every opportunity to be a main contributor overnight. I absolutely love his upside (soon) and potential situation.

Connor and Konecny are a ways off, especially Connor. The Jets are most likely giving Ehlers a job this fall and Petan is next in line. Armia is also going to make an impression as well as Lemieux. Connor is uber talented but he's a project at this point - definitely 3 years off IMO.

Konecny could make the Flyers in 2 years if he plays lights out hockey but he'll be phased in the way Laughton is now. 3 years before any type of impact.

Provorov will be producing in the NHL soon, mark my words. And he projects to be a top pairing defenseman with oodles of offensive upside.

I would have already made the Provorov pick - wouldn't even be thinking about it right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    I love both Connor and Provorov. I stand by my original post of selecting either one of these two.
    Connor could take longer to produce, Winnipeg has some stout in front of Connor that he'd have to catapault past, so he's longer off.
    Provorov has a nice view in front of him with very little top D depth in Phillly to contend with. His path is probably faster than that of Connor's.
    Ok, so you guys got me to be more open on drafting D-men... Just saw some new Provorov highlights; had forgot how fluid he skates.

Also, you guys have a good point with the offensive depth in The Peg...

I have until noon tomorrow so I guess I'll sleep on it but thanks again for the follow ups; I really appreciate the advice!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Genius

I agree with what the guys are saying and I'd add that at this point in the draft, the forwards may not be as safe in terms of translating their game in the pro's.

Dobber Sports Legend

Ok, so you guys got me to be more open on drafting D-men... Just saw some new Provorov highlights; had forgot how fluid he skates.

Also, you guys have a good point with the offensive depth in The Peg...

I have until noon tomorrow so I guess I'll sleep on it but thanks again for the follow ups; I really appreciate the advice!
    Bass, I wouldn't push so hard if I wasn't all-in on Provorov. I am 100% convinced he's the right play here.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Giant

Bass, I wouldn't push so hard if I wasn't all-in on Provorov. I am 100% convinced he's the right play here.
    Ok Fung, you and the others convinced me to hop on the Provorov Express!

Did not sleep on it; you've got me believing! Watched more videos and those coast to coast runs are simply awesome!

Thanks again for the solid advice (and persuasion)!

PS: sig. has been updated accordingly

Minors: