Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: greateast lie ever told or dumbest person on the planet?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default greateast lie ever told or dumbest person on the planet?

anyone catch the TSN interview with McJesus after the rookie orientation skate yesterday in EDM????

McJesus basically said this "it was great to put on the uniform that i hope to play my entire NHL career in"

on the surface its a good PR move...but why lie???? hes getting out of that shithole asap.........shame on him for lying to EDM fans....

hilarious

Administrator

Default Re: greateast lie ever told or dumbest person on the planet?

Have you ever attended a wedding? All the things that get said... and then the divorce rate...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

PR = lies in most cases

Who knows, Crosby came to Pittsburgh with that same mentality, even though the team had been in the s#!%s for some time... so maybe it was just a little white lie that will turn into the truth.

Either way, I'm with you on the fact that you just can't say that out loud; to the very least, not on your ''first day on the job''!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Have you ever attended a wedding? All the things that get said... and then the divorce rate...
    Nice comparison Eric!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Icon

90 percent of all player interviews are the same rehashed bs responses anyways, I could do with a lot less of them.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

The Great One

I bet he does want to play his entire career in Edmonton. Chances are he changes his mind (most players eventually want to change teams), but right now I think he sincerely dreams of bringing Edmonton back to his glory days of the '80s. He is pumped and excited to be joining the NHL, he is probably as excited as the Oiler fans about all the changes the organization is making, and I bet he truly imagines winning many Cups in Edmonton and playing his whole career there.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Titan

What was he supposed to say? Dumb thread again. All he wants to do is win, and whatever roster he is on wins.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Guru

As mentioned, I'm sure Crosby said the same thing. Also Tavares with the Islanders, Stamkos in Tampa, etc. Then they all fall in love with the city and sign long-term deals.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    What was he supposed to say? Dumb thread again. All he wants to do is win, and whatever roster he is on wins.
    I didn't see or hear the interview, but it depends what the question was. If it was in the likes of:''How does it feel to hop on to that ice, wearing that jersey... or... how do you feel with that jersey on knowing that the likes of Gretzky, Messier and Coffey have been part of this great lineage...'' then maybe he had no choice but to answer in a PR way.

If the question was less oriented to his carreer or whatnot, then I don't think he needed to go that route. Some guys like to do it to help ease them in to the community or the lockeroom and all, but I don't think McDavid needed to do that.

Do you think he would have said the same thing if the Panthers or the Coyotes had the 1st overall pick and had drafted him??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    As mentioned, I'm sure Crosby said the same thing. Also Tavares with the Islanders, Stamkos in Tampa, etc. Then they all fall in love with the city and sign long-term deals.
    You forgot your boy PK in MTL
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Veteran

It's a pat answer that all young NHL players are coached into.

You won't get a straight answer from anyone like McDavid - they are like trained showdogs; they aren't saying anything that could possibly be taken as individual or selfish.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

The Great One

He said the same thing when he put the then last place Erie Otters sweater. Turned that franchise around too.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    anyone catch the TSN interview with McJesus after the rookie orientation skate yesterday in EDM????

McJesus basically said this "it was great to put on the uniform that i hope to play my entire NHL career in"

on the surface its a good PR move...but why lie???? hes getting out of that shithole asap.........shame on him for lying to EDM fans....

hilarious
    He strikes me as a very genuine and honest person. Ever since we have seen him in the spotlight, he has come across that way and then backed up his words with actions. Just because you are a cynical dick, doesn't mean that everyone else is...

Rylant

Administrator

It takes a very gullible person to put any stock into what NHL players say. They are robots.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I've seen hockey players speak their mind on things that concern them... such as Kessel.
    And then there's scrutiny and it's harder to play under the microscope - because the media (who you may have attacked) is ready to jump all over you.

So far, McDavid is correctly Crosby-ing himself with the most vanilla answers he can.
    Smart on his part. Smart. Nothing more than that.

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm thrilled about the trade / draft / signing, i will play with the best players in the best arena with the best fans. It's exciting to be here in .... **** where did i end up again ?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I bet he does want to play his entire career in Edmonton. Chances are he changes his mind (most players eventually want to change teams), but right now I think he sincerely dreams of bringing Edmonton back to his glory days of the '80s. He is pumped and excited to be joining the NHL, he is probably as excited as the Oiler fans about all the changes the organization is making, and I bet he truly imagines winning many Cups in Edmonton and playing his whole career there.
    im not buying it...wait till he gets a couple months under his belt in the armpit of canada.....EDM is brutally awful....anyone whos been there knows what im saying....

**sorry to my fellow dobber EDM residents, but it is what it is**