Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The forgotten ones

Banned

Default Re: The forgotten ones

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    I guess one way to look at it is guys like Tyler Johnson (undrafted), Marty St. Louis (undrafted), Tanner Pearson (passed over in 2 drafts before being selected) and of course....Datsyuk (passed over twice before going in the 6th round).

I know scouting has improved drastically but just some names for thought that came to mind.
    agreed but Noel was well-known and not a nobody hidden gem type of guy. The situation reminds me a bit of Jake Middleton who was a highly touted guy coming into the OHL and then went last in the NHL draft.

Dobber Sports Titan

Fredrick Andersen was drafted by the Canes in the last round but didn’t sign with them, then went in round like 4 by the ducks. Obviously no one thought highly of Andersen a few yrs ago.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    7 Sea Dogs in all. Clearly he had more than enough opportunities to make an impression.
    Apparently the kid has quite the ego, and its believed he tanked his interviews as a result. For him to top score on a mediocre team while 7 team mates get selected you've got to wonder just how bad his interviews were. Surely he'd be worth a 7th round flyer? But no, apparently Andong Song is a better hockey player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Fredrick Andersen was drafted by the Canes in the last round but didn’t sign with them, then went in round like 4 by the ducks. Obviously no one thought highly of Andersen a few yrs ago.
    I never understood why the Canes let him go, he'd just had an amazing year in Europe and they didn't sign him?! boogles the mind really... now look at their tending situation, pretty laughable really.
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    I never understood why the Canes let him go, he'd just had an amazing year in Europe and they didn't sign him?! boogles the mind really... now look at their tending situation, pretty laughable really.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Frederik Andersen was extended a contract offer by the Carolina Hurricanes, one in which he rejected, and opted to re-enter the draft to go to another organization.

RALEIGH, NC – Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today issued the following statement about contract negotiations with goaltender Frederik Andersen. The team failed to reach an agreement by today’s 5 p.m. deadline, and Andersen will enter the 2012 NHL Draft. Andersen was Carolina’s eighth selection, 187th overall, in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
    “We tried to sign Frederik to a contract, and made him aware that we felt there was an opportunity here for him to earn one of our two NHL spots during training camp,” said Rutherford. “We are very disappointed that he chose not to join our organization. Prior to him changing his agent, we had every indication that he was very interested in being a part of the Carolina Hurricanes.”

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    Frederik Andersen was extended a contract offer by the Carolina Hurricanes, one in which he rejected, and opted to re-enter the draft to go to another organization.
    Oh yeah, now I recall, they must have snubbed/burnt him earlier... They can't even attract a goalie looking to get a foot in the door NHL contract ... ouch!
    Not THAT hairy, honest!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    Oh yeah, now I recall, they must have snubbed/burnt him earlier... They can't even attract a goalie looking to get a foot in the door NHL contract ... ouch!
    The part I find curious is the fact he lasted until the 4th round in 2012. CAR had Ward/Peters in 2011/2012, then used a combo of Ward/Ellis/Peters in 2012-2013. So if Rutherford already thought Andersen was good enough to steal a roster spot from a veteran goalie, how did everyone else let him slip into the 4th round?

Dobber Sports Titan

There’s a max contract players get and it’s the ELC (entry level contract), and Carolina offered it to Andersen, he simply didn’t want to play there. And unless Carolina wanted to shell out the bonuses like he was a 1st round pick (they picked him in the 7th round), he was more than likely leaving. He was never ranked that high in the European goalie ranks, he played in a “not so common” Danish league. Then I his 2nd draft yr (2011-12) he moved to the SHL and posted ridiculous numbers. But because it was his first yr in the league, I don’t think many scouts were high on him. Too cautious if it was just a flash or not.

Carolina drafted Daniel Altshuller (G) in the 4th round 18 spots ahead of Andersen. Altshuller had a bad season on paper in his draft yr, but did win Hlinka Memorial Gold medal, OHL best rookie GAA, 1st Rookie OHL team, and OHL top Academic Player in 2011-12. And he also won U17 WHC all-star team, Best GAA, Best S%, and Gold Medal in 2010-11. It’s crazy to see Altshuller’s numbers and think 4 other goalies went in between him and Andersen. However, one was Matt Murray who set the AHL Shutout streak this yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Goalies are just drafted lower because teams realize you can get them anywhere. Is Andersen gonna last in the NHL? Lots of factors at hand. Yes playing in Europe has a lot to do with it as playing against SHL players on big ice is a lot easier.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    Darren Raddysh wasn't drafted again, i'm not watching OHL hockey a lot, but having most points on the Errie Otter's team should a least be worth a late round pick. Am i missing something with him ?
    I agree! He was the Otters top D point producer and notched 14 goals! I think he could have easily been a late-round pick as a 19y/o in his second full season in the O.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Initiate

Have been seeing this name mentioned recently by Brendan Ross: Kole Sherwood.

RW signed an ELC with Columbus and will be playing with the London Knights this season. Ross says he's been the most impressive player at camp.

Latest note on Fantrax says he made a great impression at Jackets camp with his good speed and NHL calibre shot.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Stud

Speaking of undrafted signees, the Kings added Damir Sharipzyanov. Russian defenceman playing for Owen Sound. Has a wrist injury so he won't be at training camp, but he looked fantastic at Dev. Camp. Should make the Russian WJC team this winter too. Plays a similar style to Voynov.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I saw him mentioned already but one guy that really stands out to me Dante Salituro. Yes he is on the shorter side of things but hockeydb has him listed at 5'9" 179lbs. For a short player he sure fills out that frame. He also put up more points and more points per game than Konecny, same thing for goals. Seems strange to me that he would be passed up considering how well Johnson has played since becoming a pro.
    Los Angeles Kings
    16 Team H2H Dynasty League on Fantrax

G, A, Pt, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, Hit, Blk.
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    12 F
    6 D
    2 G
    3 Bench

Roster

St. Louis Blues
    22 Team H2H Points Based Cap Dynasty League on Fantrax
    G(1), A(1), +/-(.5), PIM(.05), SOG(,05), PPP(.5), Hit(.05), Blk(.05), FOW(.01).
    W(2), GAA(-1), SV(.1), SO(3)
    4 C
    4 LW
    4 RW
    6 D
    1 G
    4 Bench

Roster