Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default 2015 Draft - 12th Overall - Denis Gurianov - Dallas Stars

Denis Gurianov, RW/LW
    Shoots: L
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 187
    Born: 1997-06-07
    Hometown: Togliatti, RUS
    Link to Dobber Prospect page by Brendan Ross.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: 2015 Draft - 12th Overall - Denis Gurianov - Dallas Stars

Wow, surprising. I figured he could go towards the end of the round, but at 12? With Barzal still available?
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Genius

They definitely should've traded down if he was their target.

Dobber Sports Guru

Never know. This guy strikes me as someone who could have been higher on a few team's lists than on the consensus rankings, just based on scouts seeing him or not. If you like him take him. I like this better than a couple of those Bruin picks.

Dobber Sports Star

Feels like they reached a bit for this guy. Maybe they know something we don't.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    They definitely should've traded down if he was their target.
    Right there with you, brother.

Edit: Although I would have preferred that they just take Barzal there and then try to trade up to get Gurianov later if they're so in love with him. If that doesn't pan out then you've still had a good day at work.

In my book if you have a player like that fall to you you just take him and not look a gift-horse in the mouth.

RETIRED

Administrator

In my mock draft I had the right idea picking the Stars to go off the board. Wrong guy, though.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

I have less of an issue with this one since the talent ranking was in line where he got picked. The only reason - imo - he was ranked lower was due to the Russian factor.

I'm a huge Barzal fan and felt he should've gone top 10 for sure - so I get the questions regarding why Dal would pass too. Thing is, they already have their Barzal in Spezza (both R-shot, both with wicked vision). To have Nichu and Gurianov patrolling RW for the next 10 years is probably as valuable as having Tyler/Spezz/Barzal down the middle in this case.

If I'm Nill, I'm absolutely worried that BOS, with 3 picks in a row, grabs him. In fact, he's exactly what they need (ironically so is Barzal) in their pipeline. Can't blame Nill for not expecting Sweeney to go all Milbury out of the blue.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Expert

Haven't read much on this kid of late. Any updates or thoughts?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Haven't read much on this kid of late. Any updates or thoughts?
    Found these observations in an article from two days ago. "Denis Gurianov continues to disappear into the background. Even in the games he’s had points, Gurianov tends to be more of a passenger and doesn’t impact the game like you’d like him to at an AHL level. His inconsistency is incredibly frustrating for a top-level prospect, and if that doesn’t improve we should tap the breaks on any talk of him earning an NHL call-up anytime soon."

He didn't impress in camp and was sent down pretty early. I personally think he is an NHL 3rd liner at best in the future; he doesn't seem like a top player to me, and I think it'll be awhile until he gets to the NHL. He always seemed like a reach to me. Best trade I made this summer in my deep keeper (not the 1-year league in my sig) was a package including Gurianov for Brendan Perlini. I wouldn't reach for him if I was you.
    Yahoo H2H 2017-2018 CHAMPIONS! (Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1 Utility, 2 Goalies, 5 Bench)
    Categories Skaters: (Goals, Assists, +/-, SOG, PPP, Hits, Blocks) Goalies (W, GAA, SV%, SO)

Forwards: Marchand, Gaudreau, Scheifele, Konecny, W.Karlsson, D.Perron, Arvidsson, Deslauriers, Steen, Atkinson
    Defensemen: Klingberg, Hamilton, Yandle, Barrie, Larsson, H.Lindholm
    Goalies: Varlamov, Vasilevskiy