Thread: Needing Some Keeper Advice

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Question Needing Some Keeper Advice

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently sitting in a close second in a 12 team H2H keeper league (team listed in sig). We get to keep 16 players every year. My keepers are pretty much set from year to year except for at SS. I made a dumb mistake of going after Mikael Franco when he came off of waivers last year. This caused me to miss out on players like Bryant, Correa, Russell and Buxton when they got called up this year. I'm currently second in priority with #1 being a part time manager.

After missing out on Correa, I tried to make a trade for him. Unfortunately, it was rejected but was countered for my Kipnis for Bogaerts and Papelbon. I don't mind the trade because Bogaerts is still young and talented, but I'm would be sacrificing BA this year. Also, my hitters are pretty much set everyday barring a day off and Kipnis sits in my UTIL spot.

Would you take this deal based on the team? Would you reject and wait for someone like Corey Seager to get the call? I'm pretty enticed by this deal but Kipnis isn't a bad backup.

Sorry for the wordiness and thank you for the help.
    12 Team H2H (4C,LW,RW; 6D; 2G)

C - Crosby, Eichel, Duchene, Bennett, Henrique, Namestnikov
    LW - Landeskog, Kreider, Schwartz, Martin, Boedker, Hagelin
    RW - Simmonds, Gaborik, R. Strome, Draisaitl, Oshie, Duclair
    D - Karlsson, Klingberg, Trouba, Ristolainen, Gudas, Alzner, Borowiecki
    G - Price, Talbot, Gibson, Lehner, Pavelec

Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HITS, BLK, GS, W, GAA, SV, SV% & SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Needing Some Keeper Advice

I'm not sure I do this deal if I'm you. I like Kipnis as much if not more than Gordon and I'm not sure that Bogaerts will be much of an upgrade over Castro. I think I'd walk away from this and either push him for Correa or wait for Seager to come up.

Dobber Sports Titan

Sounds like quite the payment for Correa, but I’d try and do the deal if it involves Paplebon and Boegarts. Kipnis is a bit much, but you need to do an off balance trade with JF coming off DL in a week or 2. Travis won’t be a full time 2B now that Goins has excelled so well, so giving up Kipnis might not be the best idea.

I think the Boegarts + Papelbon + something else might be a solid deal for Correa.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Do you have to wait for Seager to get the call to own him? He should be owned right now if you don't

I would rather have Kipnis than Boagerts and Papelbon. I agree with Happy Hour that Kipnis is better than Gordon. Trading Dee for those two is a better move than getting rid of Kipnis.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin