Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: On July 1st, 2016... Steven Stamkos will...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: On July 1st, 2016... Steven Stamkos will...

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I don't think they are allowed to talk until July 1, as per rules (someone can correct me on that if I am wrong). Once he has a year left, then negotiations will begin. Besides, Stamkos just finished the finals not even 48 hours ago, and Yzerman is getting ready for buyouts, the draft and free agency. They probably won't meet until the middle of summer, and maybe not even until September when training camp opens.

Agree.
    I think it's actually in the best interest of a GM to say "Hey, great year... you go have a great summer... first thing when we all get back, let's get you re-signed. Enjoy some time off - you guys deserve it."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    Stamkos Salary is simple math....the current CBA allows for a 20% max of the salary cap to be given to one player....if you think for one second that there wouldn't be one team out of thirty willing to offer that then I think you are to be suprised.....as well as if Stamkos would turn down 13+ million he would be a fool....
    I was surprised a few years ago that not ONE team signed him to an offer sheet for max money. But there you go.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I don't think they are allowed to talk until July 1, as per rules (someone can correct me on that if I am wrong). Once he has a year left, then negotiations will begin. Besides, Stamkos just finished the finals not even 48 hours ago, and Yzerman is getting ready for buyouts, the draft and free agency. They probably won't meet until the middle of summer, and maybe not even until September when training camp opens.
    They can talk (and negotiate) whenever they want, they just can't sign anything until July 1st.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by wopap View Post
    I was surprised a few years ago that not ONE team signed him to an offer sheet for max money. But there you go.
    That's different. If you sign someone to max offer sheet you forfeit 3 number one picks.....
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Stud

That's different. If you sign someone to max offer sheet you forfeit 3 number one picks.....
    Anything over 9.13M AAV is your next 4 first round picks. The number was slightly less in 2011 when Stamkos re-signed, but he likely would have been in the 4 1sts bracket.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

AND you screw up their internal salary structure.

I don't think the 3 number one picks was the mitigating factor.

Anyway, if I'm Stamkos, I am not sure I would stay after how I was treated in this playoff run. Crazy to suggest he wants to play under Babcock and start the Toronto revolution? someone has to!

Dobber Sports Stud

it's gonna take 13 million to sign him you wait and see.....could be TOR if they make the cap space
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thought I'd bump this.
    I was wrong... congrats to those that got it...

(Then again, it's not quite July 1st... but I still accept defeat...)