Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2015 Draft : The Big Boys

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2015 Draft : The Big Boys

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    Wow I'm a big Crouse fan, but am the first to admit I watch very very little junior......am I way off here?
    I asked the same question a week ago and got a very solid answer. It was something along the lines of he’s one of the most NHL ready players in the draft, and he’s a coaches delight. His overall game from D to offense is very complete, he can shift from top line to bottom line, he does the PK, PP, and even strength. These rankings are pure fantasy, which a lot of the time doesn’t reflect a players true value.

He was on a bad team in the Jrs so his numbers aren’t reflective of his play, and his style is more of an NHL power forward vs a Jrs PF. So he could very well be 1 of 3 people drafted this yr that are NHL ready.

He could very well “Sean Couturier” his NHL career which scares me. Do so well in a shutdown or defensive role, he would get little offensive zone time which limits his points output obviously. But his ceiling could very well be a Benn if he develops correctly.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: 2015 Draft : The Big Boys

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I asked the same question a week ago and got a very solid answer. It was something along the lines of he’s one of the most NHL ready players in the draft, and he’s a coaches delight. His overall game from D to offense is very complete, he can shift from top line to bottom line, he does the PK, PP, and even strength. These rankings are pure fantasy, which a lot of the time doesn’t reflect a players true value.

He was on a bad team in the Jrs so his numbers aren’t reflective of his play, and his style is more of an NHL power forward vs a Jrs PF. So he could very well be 1 of 3 people drafted this yr that are NHL ready.

He could very well “Sean Couturier” his NHL career which scares me. Do so well in a shutdown or defensive role, he would get little offensive zone time which limits his points output obviously. But his ceiling could very well be a Benn if he develops correctly.
    This is a really good assessment of Crouse's game / potential. I think he's going to be awesome.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin